Author Topic: Head position is stuck in VR  (Read 956 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Head position is stuck in VR
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:38:27 PM »
Something changed last patch. Lately, when I launch outside and inside Steam, my VR position is getting stuck.  I can look around, but my head cannot move forward, backwards, side to side - I can still look around in inside the cockpit - but it's swivel only like my head is attached to a post.  Any ideas?

(no one chopped off my pilots head and put it on a stake did they?) :bolt:
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Head position is stuck in VR
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 11:12:02 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:58:01 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 02:49:32 PM »
Last time I had that happen I had blocked my oculus sensors and it was using the accelerometers in the headset only.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 05:13:39 PM »
Turns out it was because I didn't setup a boundary for my headset.  So it didn't know how it could operate. Probably true for any WMR headset - you need to setup your boundary regardless if you turn it on or off. Problem resolved :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 01:33:32 AM »
While it is a plus...Oculus runs fine without the "BOUNDARY" ...just make sure your sensors are set correctly. This is my experience:..it works for me! I wish that more folk would get into the VR experience!! I dont believe it is as complicated/user friendly to not go ALL IN! To that end (I would be all in as far as giving incentives to try it out)..its a plus plus! Investing in my IN GAME FUN....PRICELESS! Its just up to HT to approve of these incentives! I missed out on the GLORY DAYS..so if this brings in more folk I am all in! Ideas and or suggestions... will be much appreciated
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:48:44 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 02:15:52 AM »
My experience with VR has been very good in iRacing but poor in all combat flight soms I have tried.
Peripheral vision being the drawback.  Other than that it is fun and the drawback is beyond HTC control.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 02:08:49 PM »
Cant argue with that assessment. BUT :x HT allows the use of HAT SWITCH views to work in conjunction with VR...yes it takes away from the immersion(not enough to disqualify it IMO) but its the ONLY sim I know that does this :uhoh I even got an LOW BACKED chair so that I have an easier time looking behind me. The hat switch is just enough to bring it into the TIR level of use.  :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain