Author Topic: Yanks  (Read 2353 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Yanks
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »
I thought we were trying to esacpe earth. Not so?  :headscratch:
Sure! Have to escape GRAVITY first though.  :aok Wait...but EARTH is the reason for GRAVITY....damn physics..gives me a headache :bhead  :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
 :old: Earth, like everything has gravity. Which means that the if you gets heavier you also become more attractive.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 02:44:37 PM »
A nice illustration of the gravity wells in the solar system. It takes the same amount of energy to go into a gravity well as it takes to get up from it. (very simplified) but thats why its so hard to go to Mercury, ESA is launching its space probe BepiColombo in 4 days and it will arrive to Mercury in 2025..

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 02:50:33 PM by Zimme83 »
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 03:09:33 PM »
The gravity well of Uranus is missing.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2018, 07:50:53 PM »
The gravity well of Uranus is missing.

It got tired of being the butt of space jokes

See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 01:16:28 AM »

It got tired of being the butt of space jokes
:rofl  :aok DAMN I fell right at home with you guys!!!  :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain