Author Topic: The Worst FSO that has ever came to be  (Read 6538 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: The Worst FSO that has ever came to be
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2018, 12:09:23 PM »
As mentioned before, the logs for frame 2 will show a different story.  I designed the Axis plan specifically to split forces and attack 90 degrees offset, flash bases, and put scout sweep fighters in front to create as much chaos and fog of war as possible to give us a chance at getting bombs on target and run the allies out of as much ammo as possible before bombers would arrive.

Attacking with betties from a distance where maneuvering for an approach to target with deception is not easy in this scenario. 

Allies have faster fighters with cannon.  The right attack run on a bomber set can drop all three in a single pass. 

Frame 2 worked out much better because we did get two additional squads that allowed for a little flexibility moving to contact.

Again, you'll see it when the logs come out.  There was some intense fighting.  We lost an entire bomb group on one end but bombs out and a great attack from the other end.  3 hangers and a portion of town is success.  The fact we landed any bombers is icing on the cake. 

Fuel became our fighter's biggest enemy the second half of the frame.  I landed with 2 gallons left and no rudder. 

Looking forward to frame 3. 

This month presents some unique challenges for the Axis.  Forces us to really think and plan. 

I spent well over 12 hours planning frame 2 and flying test routes.  The mission was perfectly executed.  I couldn't have asked for more from the squads that flew the mission.  It's simply a complicated problem to solve. 

But I do claim an Axis victory for frame 2 in that we hit target and landed some bombers.  Hey...  ...theybwere betties!!!  Even one landing is victory IMHO.
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2018, 12:33:08 PM »
Those of us in Spits were sucking on air in the fuel tanks.  I landed with about two mins of gas praying nobody would jump me before I got home.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2018, 05:06:33 PM »
Frames 2 and 3 was what this setup was meant to be with the Axis having enough pilots to do it properly. I take my part of the blame for frame 1 as I should have anticipated the split a bit better...In any case I hope there was some fun in there.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2018, 09:04:59 AM »
Frames 2 and 3 was what this setup was meant to be with the Axis having enough pilots to do it properly. I take my part of the blame for frame 1 as I should have anticipated the split a bit better...In any case I hope there was some fun in there.  :salute

Great recovery Squire!

Thanks for the "think quick" and "I'll fix it" attitude.  :aok

The event was awesome!
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2018, 10:01:08 AM »
Also a big thanks for enabling drop tanks.  It allowed for protracted fights on both sides.  The last two frames made up for the first.  All in all a fun scenario.

Thanks!

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills