Author Topic: 88s  (Read 15851 times)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: 88s
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 02:54:41 PM »
Even the guys who are good in the 88 miss 98% of the time. So what you get is a guy who spends 30 minutes in a gun and hits next to nothing. Effectively taking a player out of the game who could otherwise be contributing to what I pay for. When the numbers were here, that was no big deal. Now the numbers are lower. I would prefer every player participating in two way combat.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 03:04:33 PM »
Even the guys who are good in the 88 miss 98% of the time. So what you get is a guy who spends 30 minutes in a gun and hits next to nothing. Effectively taking a player out of the game who could otherwise be contributing to what I pay for. When the numbers were here, that was no big deal. Now the numbers are lower. I would prefer every player participating in two way combat.

I would love for all of these people to miss 98% of the time.   Where do I find that arena?    It sure ain't the MA.   :noid
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
I would love for all of these people to miss 98% of the time.   Where do I find that arena?    It sure ain't the MA.   :noid

My guess is your spending too much time flying close to enemy bases  :noid

Let them get out a bit and the 88s arent as much as a problem   :devil

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 04:52:30 PM »
My guess is your spending too much time flying close to enemy bases  :noid

Let them get out a bit and the 88s arent as much as a problem   :devil

Your guess is wrong.   But thank you for playing The Price is Right.

The reality is that if one wants a fight or to take a base then flying close is relative--and often required.   Doesn't stop a guy from potting at you from max range when you are over the ocean nowhere near a base.   And since most guys just run to or hide in their ack you can try to fight or just log off.  (I'm doing the latter more and more often.)

It's stupid.  It's annoying.  And it is one of the more frustrating things about this game.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 09:21:06 PM »
Your guess is wrong.   But thank you for playing The Price is Right.

The reality is that if one wants a fight or to take a base then flying close is relative--and often required.   Doesn't stop a guy from potting at you from max range when you are over the ocean nowhere near a base.   And since most guys just run to or hide in their ack you can try to fight or just log off.  (I'm doing the latter more and more often.)

It's stupid.  It's annoying.  And it is one of the more frustrating things about this game.

oh I agree with you. I wish they would set a point where you couldnt man a gun/88 unless there were more than 150 players in the arena. This game is getting more and more boring everytime you play as most players just RUN!!!!!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 09:57:44 PM »
oh I agree with you. I wish they would set a point where you couldnt man a gun/88 unless there were more than 150 players in the arena. This game is getting more and more boring everytime you play as most players just RUN!!!!!

Yep.  We chatted about that on 200 tonight.    :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead   :salute :cheers:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 12:45:36 AM »
You know you guys can go create an arena just for fights, I'm sure if you all get together it would be a least 7 or 8 of you. :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 07:26:55 AM »
I would love for all of these people to miss 98% of the time.   Where do I find that arena? 

BINGO

I think AH would have to respect it it there was an onslaught of people all jumping in 88s to the degree that it made Aces High functionally 88s Low. The facts however seem to be that the VAST majority of people that play this game are to get maximum enjoyment from ACM.

88's take people out of vehicles.

Another idea is maybe to allow 88's (or a person) to only get 1 88 kill per hour or something like that.

Thanks,

Slade  :salute
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:33:42 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 09:49:00 AM »
You know you guys can go create an arena just for fights, I'm sure if you all get together it would be a least 7 or 8 of you. :headscratch:

I’m sure if you all get out of your no-risk 88s the fights in MA would run along just fine on their own merit.   :headscratch:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »

As other have said, I like to fight with a purpose. To add my team in capturing/defending bases or to win the war. Its the fun of being "part of the team" or "squad". Im not a lone shark.... or any kind of a shark.... so learning another style/type of fighting (dueling) doesnt interest me.

I just want to see the players in the MA FIGHT for what they are going after so I can fight with/against them. That is what I thought this game was all about.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »
As other have said, I like to fight with a purpose. To add my team in capturing/defending bases or to win the war. Its the fun of being "part of the team" or "squad". Im not a lone shark.... or any kind of a shark.... so learning another style/type of fighting (dueling) doesnt interest me.

I just want to see the players in the MA FIGHT for what they are going after so I can fight with/against them. That is what I thought this game was all about.

I agree with you for the most part, I also fight with a purpose. As you, its to aid my team in winning the war. If that means upping a fighter, or a bomber so be it. If it means upping a gv, that's okay also, if it means getting in a man gun to defend, that is also okay. The purpose is to fight for the team. (BTW running supps is also okay)
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2018, 05:36:42 PM »
 :rofl Killing an 88/manned gun..2nd easiest thing to accomplish in ACESHIGH.....easiest, avoiding the dreaded HO. Kill their ACK ;) POOF,just solved the whole "Run to Ack" problem too :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 07:26:54 PM »
 I get 1 88 kill per year.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2018, 08:00:22 PM »
Killed more than a dozen last night but it doesnt show up any where on a "score sheet" or such. Guns have no risk. If they dont count as "kills" toward rank/score then is shouldn't hurt my kill/death, kill/sorty.... etc, either. Same goes for 88s, or running supplies. It should hurt you more getting killed doing something OTHER than fighting.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2018, 08:23:41 PM »
Killed more than a dozen last night but it doesnt show up any where on a "score sheet" or such. Guns have no risk. If they dont count as "kills" toward rank/score then is shouldn't hurt my kill/death, kill/sorty.... etc, either. Same goes for 88s, or running supplies. It should hurt you more getting killed doing something OTHER than fighting.

This. 

They are a no-risk proposition for the gunner. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned