Author Topic: September '18 KOTH I Results  (Read 763 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
September '18 KOTH I Results
« on: September 23, 2018, 05:56:32 AM »
So I very nearly canned this running with 2 pilots who actually showed up on time but somehow we started with 4 then 6 then up to 8 we had 12 rounds in total over 2 hours of fighting with 5 wabbits going for a win!

Well done to those first timers who stuck at it, all the wabbits and Fuzeman who was a few bullets short of his 1st KOTH win!

The final round was the funniest finish to a KOTH I've ever witnessed with 2 wabbits who were fighting both enter stalls they couldnt get out of and then crashing one after the other. 

Congratulations to TC who claimed August KOTH 2018!   he chose the F4U-1 for next months first ride.  :salute

Round by round results as follows;

[1] Bruv119 in a Spit V
[2] Doc4 in a F6F
[3] Fuzeman in a YAK-3
[4] Doc4 in a P40-E (wabbit)
[5] JoBravo in a KI61
[6] Fuzeman in a KI84 (wabbit)
[7] Bruv119 in a YAK 3 (wabbit)
[8] JoBravo in a SPIT 9  (wabbit)
[9] Wiley in a SPIT 8
[10] TC in a 109G14
[11] TC in a(wabbit) C202
[12] TC wins in a F4U-1

Tournament of Champions invites will be reserved for TC, Doc4, Fuzeman, Bruv119 and JoBravo.

Top 5 killers were;  Doc4 11, TC 8, Fuzeman 7, Wiley 5, JoBravo 5 and Bruv119 5.

Thanks to all for attending and we hope to see you all next month for some more dogfighting fun!

There is an issue with logs can but they will be uploaded here once resolved  http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: September '18 KOTH I Results
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:38:58 PM »
One of my personal best KOTHs ever but I did slip back into self-destructive ways near the end with me killing myself before others had a chance to.
I was a nervous wreck once I was a wabbit, very unfamiliar territory for me and I was flying above my pay grade for sure.
JoeBravo, give TC a break in that one fight. He got there late and understandably it didn't sink in until I mentioned it that I was a wabbit. Me being a wabbit is sort of like waking up and there IS NO sun!!!
You made a great first impression Joe and spread the word I think KOTH is doing better now.
This also reminds me, have to go post in range channel wish list  :aok
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 02:48:21 PM »
 I just now realized exactly how late it was when I was able to finally log in and join the KOTH event.... I thought I had only missed 2 to 4 rounds.....after seeing Bruv's KOTH results post, did I noticed that I actually missed the first 6 rounds....  When I logged on and asked Bruv if I could up and he told me that the fields were already closed....and said that I might be able to fly the next round of Doc4 didn't win and win the September KOTH  1 event.....

This being the first time I have ever had a chance to fly/fight against JoBravo, someone said or posted that JoBravo was someone to watch out for, that he was a  better than average player...so I went to engage him first...about the same time I got JoBravo ligned up and started shooting at him, fuzeman reiterated to me the fact that he was a wabbit!  I hate that I missed Bruv's announcement of who the wabbits and round winners were starting the 7th round (my first round) of the event....

Fun fights all around....

Thank you for hosting the KOTH event for the AH community,  Bruv, much appreciated, Sir!

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
Right on TC!!!

:salute
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 02:01:43 PM »
slight amendment to the top 5 killers now that the logs are officially up.   

Doc4  11, TC  9, fuzeman  7 Wiley 5, Bruv119 5 and JoBravo 5.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
KOTH-A results
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 12:01:47 AM »
[ Putting all results into one thread ]

KOTH-A lasted about 1 hour with only 4 participants which means a single wabbit. That also means the wabbit won so <S> and Congratulations to TC for the victory. He chose the F4U-1 for next months first ride.
Results:
1- TC wins in a P-40E
2- TC wins in a C.202   [Wabbit]
3- Slash wins in a F4U-1
4- TC for the win in a Brewster B-239

TC had 8 kills, Slash 3, and Wiley 1. 

TC earns a TOC reservation.

You can see the logs.... well you actually can't see the logs!!!   :P
Logs...logs....LOGS???  We don't neeed noo stiiiinnnking logs!!!   :o
I'll remember to run them next month  :aok
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 08:57:55 AM »
10 lashes for Fuzeman. 

surprising turnout for a US running.  Guess they have to get used to having one again!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 12:32:52 PM »
10 lashes for Fuzeman. 

surprising turnout for a US running.  Guess they have to get used to having one again!

I was a little lax on 906, surprising for me as I was pretty anal about that before [ among other things LoL ], and TC prodded me a few times on a few things. 
A few 'Flight Disabled's went out on squad channel...

I have to quit worrying about  :old: dogs learning new tricks but more about  :old: dogs remembering anything  :aok