Author Topic: Delay before ending mission if fired recently  (Read 7542 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Delay before ending mission if fired recently
« on: October 03, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
Under the current system Air Defense vehicles are able to fire at attackers up until the last second and then tower if they realize a bomb is going to hit them and they haven't shot down the enemy plane.  Its pathetic and should not be allowed.  There should be a 3 second delay before you can end your mission if you've fired a round.  Sure I could ignore them and try to attack the base without killing them, but they should not have immunity like this.  They will be firing at me the entire time.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Delay before ending mission if fired recently
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 08:27:00 PM »
.....and it really messes up your score!    :devil

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:43:35 PM »
.....and it really messes up your score!    :devil

Yes, I chose to risk my plane to attack the air defense, I should be rewarded if I win the engagement.  The way its setup now its lose-lose.  Only they can get a kill, and if they don't, they just tower.   I could fly home without attacking the base, but where is the fun in that?
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:00:36 PM »
Im just kidding with ya, actually I agree with you. Its just another way "gamers" game the game. Unfortunately they are not going to change things to get rid of this gamie play. If they did, they would lose more than a third of their subscriptions and it would be the death nell for the game. It is becoming more and more clear that HTC isnt going to make any drastic changes, and maybe very few minor changes in the off chance they force more players to quit.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:09:52 AM »
so I should just sit there and let you bomb me? if you're attacking I should have the right to protect myself while defending my base.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 09:23:40 AM »
-1 the cat and mouse is part of the fun, yea right I'll just sit there until you bomb me.  I suppose you want the kill on the guy that towered to even if you don't touch him. Talk about gamey.  I suppose a real life gunner when he saw the plane/bomb coming would just sit there for 3 seconds or would he jump his donut out of the way as fast as he could.

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 09:28:03 AM »
so I should just sit there and let you bomb me? if you're attacking I should have the right to protect myself while defending my base.

so your saying I should be able to defend myself  from your rounds by bailing as I dive in on you too? I dont think it works that way. Towering is just another way to "game the game". By doing so your part of the problem.  A new guy finally gets airborne and stumbles upon a gv. He dives in and you tower and he gets nothing for the time and effort. Frustration sets in and he logs off forever. 

maybe you should work on hiding better,  or practice the" shoot and scoot" play of a good driver instead of adding to the gamyness everyone seems to be turning to these days.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 09:39:29 AM »
Then when do we get the ability to exit the vehicle and run for it without getting a kill recorded on us?

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 09:45:34 AM »
On the other side of the coin, when there's no concrete to land on handing out free kills to aircraft who never got a single ping in on a GV or even saw it also feels a bit strange.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 10:32:50 AM »
Then when do we get the ability to exit the vehicle and run for it without getting a kill recorded on us?

I would say 2 to 3 seconds after you stop firing the exit vehicle option becomes available.  You arent just sitting there letting me bomb you, you are firing the entire time until just before the bomb hits, and then you exit.  Like Fugitive said, if you approve of that gameyness you should have no problem that if I bail, it revokes your kill.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »

You can tower if you choose not to fire, but as soon as you start firing you become a combatant and aren't just sitting there letting me bomb you.  I should have the right to attack you if you are defending your base.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2018, 10:38:50 AM »
I would say 2 to 3 seconds after you stop firing the exit vehicle option becomes available.  You arent just sitting there letting me bomb you, you are firing the entire time until just before the bomb hits, and then you exit.  Like Fugitive said, if you approve of that gameyness you should have no problem that if I bail, it revokes your kill.

If I have to wait 2-3 seconds then I am sitting there waiting for the bomb to hit. This is gamey alright, gamey tilted in your favor

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2018, 10:42:34 AM »
If I have to wait 2-3 seconds then I am sitting there waiting for the bomb to hit. This is gamey alright, gamey tilted in your favor

You only have to wait 2-3 seconds if you are fighting.  Otherwise you can watch the bomb and tower just before it hits.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2018, 08:40:29 PM »
So say I'm upping from a capped field, I notice 3 cons diving on me, if I have fired my guns I have to wait 3 seconds to tower? :headscratch: Heck I do that all the time now. :old:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »
So say I'm upping from a capped field, I notice 3 cons diving on me, if I have fired my guns I have to wait 3 seconds to tower? :headscratch: Heck I do that all the time now. :old:

Yeah, under my proposed solution, dont fire if you intend to tower.