Author Topic: ROOKS Switching sides !!!  (Read 2552 times)

Offline BAD1051

• Zinc Member
ROOKS Switching sides !!!
« on: November 03, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »
I think maybe Flippz was right about a 2 sided battle. Because this constant ganging of the Rooks really takes the fun out of the game. If we do get new players here and they are rook they either quit the game because the level of fun is taken away due to getting ganged by an arse load of planes which you cant do anything against.(more often than not its 2 countries against 1)..or they just switch countries and usually go with bish it seems. Look at all the players that started out Rook and are now Bish or knight. It might be a little fun for the ganging side. I enjoy a 3 sided arena. It gives you a selection of fighters/style to go up against.
What if every Rook switch to another country...it would definately prove a point or at least get attenton. If EVERY rook switch to Bish it would take the fun away from the bish because it would greatly take away who they could fight...that would take the fun away from them...and what would happen..they would complain about it, and the knights would complain about no fun getting ganged. Ive seen it happen.
If every Rook switched to knights then the Bish would be greatly outnumbered and they would complain about getting ganged. Not to long ago i watch very little fighting going on between rooks and the knights and several bish had a cow about it. I understand it...i really do, it takes all the fun out of logging on.
But almost always it is the rooks getting ganged. Does it happen the other way...yes...but very rarely
I wish there was an easy remedy for this, to keep a 3 sided arena, and to keep it kinda fair. I hope a solution can be found.
 If HT wont do anything to remedy it, is there anything the players can agree to do...or would they?
I dont normally complain about this...but it is happening alot. And i think it is an unspoken reason why we loose new players. Wheres the fun when you so greatly overpower with numbers...is anything that much fun when you are guaranteed your gonna win, or guaranteed your not gonna win a battle.
There...im finished. now you guys can poke fun at me for it  :rofl
JESUS LOVES YOU !!!

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: ROOKS Switching sides !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 12:34:20 AM »
This has been tried many times and failed even bish has tried to switch sides to Jack up the ENY and promote a two country fight it failed
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 01:27:41 AM »
For this to happen the community will have to make the move. Rooks will have to boycott rooks and decide if they want to go bish or Knight and stay there. HTC will quickly notice that and It might turn into a two country battle after all.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 02:04:35 AM »
They're are way too many die hard bish.. Nutty nits and raunchy rooks that will never agree to switch sides enough to make a difference that's my belief.. With that being said I think I would like it..I think everyone should switch once in a while to prove to themselves that every side experience the same problems plus you get to wing with people you think you hate then find out they ain't so bad of peeps
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 02:51:00 AM »
With zero rooks it would be an early war fight between bish/knights. Not sure about the 2/3 sided topic, but quite probably the EW nature of that too many people will hate for that experiment driven by the players ever going to happen.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 05:35:21 AM »
They're are way too many die hard bish.. Nutty nits and raunchy rooks that will never agree to switch sides enough to make a difference that's my belief.. With that being said I think I would like it..I think everyone should switch once in a while to prove to themselves that every side experience the same problems plus you get to wing with people you think you hate then find out they ain't so bad of peeps

Also when you fight your former side, you quickly learn that your loyal comrades are total &#@%*! - just like the guys you hate on the other two sides.   :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 07:17:14 AM »
Wait what just happened?  I am right?

But I have recruited some great guys lately,  thanks rooks

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 07:59:31 AM »
get you're eyes checked Flippz-you just think you read what you read its a illusion

:D
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 09:03:07 AM »
get you're eyes checked Flippz-you just think you read what you read its a illusion

:D
It is the time change. People are going crazy.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »
I r special.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 10:24:34 AM »

#apocalypse
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 08:09:08 PM »
i think different country's provide a room for ego's. :rolleyes:
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 04:35:30 AM »
i think different country's provide a room for ego's. :rolleyes:

Do those fit in a toaster?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 11:39:04 PM »

:O I had to read it TWICE myself... need to go easy on the Bourbon I guess. Time change..could be?  :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 11:44:18 AM »
I think maybe Flippz was right about a 2 sided battle. Because this constant ganging of the Rooks really takes the fun out of the game. If we do get new players here and they are rook they either quit the game because the level of fun is taken away due to getting ganged by an arse load of planes which you cant do anything against.(more often than not its 2 countries against 1)..or they just switch countries and usually go with bish it seems. Look at all the players that started out Rook and are now Bish or knight. It might be a little fun for the ganging side. I enjoy a 3 sided arena. It gives you a selection of fighters/style to go up against.
What if every Rook switch to another country...it would definately prove a point or at least get attenton. If EVERY rook switch to Bish it would take the fun away from the bish because it would greatly take away who they could fight...that would take the fun away from them...and what would happen..they would complain about it, and the knights would complain about no fun getting ganged. Ive seen it happen.
If every Rook switched to knights then the Bish would be greatly outnumbered and they would complain about getting ganged. Not to long ago i watch very little fighting going on between rooks and the knights and several bish had a cow about it. I understand it...i really do, it takes all the fun out of logging on.
But almost always it is the rooks getting ganged. Does it happen the other way...yes...but very rarely
I wish there was an easy remedy for this, to keep a 3 sided arena, and to keep it kinda fair. I hope a solution can be found.
 If HT wont do anything to remedy it, is there anything the players can agree to do...or would they?
I dont normally complain about this...but it is happening alot. And i think it is an unspoken reason why we loose new players. Wheres the fun when you so greatly overpower with numbers...is anything that much fun when you are guaranteed your gonna win, or guaranteed your not gonna win a battle.
There...im finished. now you guys can poke fun at me for it  :rofl
JESUS LOVES YOU !!!

As I think I've said before, it's a function of time of day and who is on at the moment. It is very true that the Rooks typically get double-teamed in the mornings because they are outnumbered then; but all teams get double-teamed with roughly the same frequency imo.