Author Topic: T34 85 time for perk upgrade  (Read 14153 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: T34 85 time for perk upgrade
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2019, 03:09:08 PM »
Really a piece of data that would be helpful is how many times the T-34-85 is spawned in a month. We know how much they die and how many kills they get, but I bet the spawn rate of them is insanely higher than any other tank.

That eliminates the whole "expert tankers have good runs" argument.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2019, 10:12:19 PM »
Mix dawn dishwashing liquid and vinegar with a few ounces of beer and they will spawn better.

OH WAIT..... that helps your grass grow better.

Nevermind.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2019, 12:41:31 PM »
My expert tankers are now finding other expert tankers are upping TigerII to ambush them off spawns to deal with their T34\85's. Hitech could just lower the TigerII perk price if there really is a T34\85 plague problem. TigerI are problematic depending on how close anything from the stable with a 75mm or larger can get before taking a shot. TigerII are slow so more showing up off the base just makes for better relations between the tank guys and their friendly local jabo guys. I know my squad will fly a sector with bombs to take out a TigerII for our tank experts. When a TigerII shows up at our airfield, half my squad hops in lancasters filled with carpets until they obliterate the thing. As many trips as it takes while singing bad show tunes and telling your momma jokes about the soon to be wall to walled back to it's home tower. Best Tiger killer in the game is a HurriC with two 500lb bombs.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2019, 03:47:41 PM »
Charlie Brown's teacher used to say, "WHAA WHA WHAAA. WHA WHA WHAA."
We will never know what she really said.  :D :D :D :D

............ and some of us ordinary gv'er would like to see all of the gv's being used.
Nothing wrong with that.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2019, 04:22:36 PM »
Charlie Brown's teacher used to say, "WHAA WHA WHAAA. WHA WHA WHAA."
We will never know what she really said.  :D :D :D :D

............ and some of us ordinary gv'er would like to see all of the gv's being used.
Nothing wrong with that.

I got killed in a jeep. I almost had that tiger too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2019, 07:35:00 AM »
So atlau when did you get off your "opinion" and build a tool to pull a subset of Hitech's game data to introduce into the discussion? You tried to dissemble by moving the goal post and wanting data from other angle shots as though now I had to work the new data set for your vlaidation of my work dismissing the data I presented. You didn't get off your "opinion" and make your own tool, pull that data, and present it to add to the discussion. Small minded and lame like sub discussions at reddit. I to pay $14.95, then back up my opinions with data.

Where is your data Oh mighty opinioned one.....

I think this data proves my point. with the exception of the Tiger II, inside 2000 yards everything can kill everything else with 1 shot. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2019, 01:17:40 PM »
Really a piece of data that would be helpful is how many times the T-34-85 is spawned in a month. We know how much they die and how many kills they get, but I bet the spawn rate of them is insanely higher than any other tank.

That eliminates the whole "expert tankers have good runs" argument.
I'll bet it's a lot.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
I think this data proves my point. with the exception of the Tiger II, inside 2000 yards everything can kill everything else with 1 shot.

Now if we slightly changed the discussion format to what tanks survive better inside 2000 against frontal and oblique frontal shots, atlau could have pulled that data by placing T34\85 in the drone circle at any airfield offline. You just drive out on the runway, set the target to 2000, 1500, 1000 with a T34 frontal or frontal quarter angle to you. Drive at it until it pokes through the target and shoot at it. Record the outcome and present the data back here. It's time consuming versus my tank gunnery range with drones sitting on it.

Many players in these forums are lazy and not worth my spending the time since they don't care about anyone's time but themselves. They just want to get as much out of others as they can greif them for.

I will venture part of the sub 2000 uberness of the T34\85 is it's armor configuration in the 180 degree frontal area. I've shot them in the frontal 180 at 1000 with the 88 on feilds and not killed them with the first shot. Other tanks are more susceptible to the 88 at that range in the frontal 180. Too bad Hitech didn't give us the direct fire reticle for the 88 manned gun. Would make for some interesting range testing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2019, 04:21:05 PM »
The discussion is about the perk price being too low for how good it was relative to other tanks and how much they cost. Not captured by a table simply showing the gun and armor.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:23:01 PM by atlau »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2019, 09:56:00 PM »
The discussion is about the perk price being too low for how good it was relative to other tanks and how much they cost. Not captured by a table simply showing the gun and armor.

I suppose that's supposed to mean that anything somewhat related to the topic at hand doesn't count unless it is something that agrees with the OP.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2019, 10:08:28 PM »
2- Threads should remain on topic, do not "hijack" topics.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2019, 10:22:41 PM »

Who 'hijacked' the topic? Discussion of whether the T-34 is overpowered versus other tanks in a typical AH setting (instead of just used more) appears to be quite on topic.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2019, 12:56:14 AM »
I suppose that's supposed to mean that anything somewhat related to the topic at hand doesn't count unless it is something that agrees with the OP.

Not at all. However the 1 dimensional table that compares number of hits to kill at different ranges is only 1 of many variables. Bustr got his panties in a wad when I asked about side shots since some tanks like the panther do worse compared to the t34 on the side.

Honestly when I go bombarding it really doesn't matter what they are in.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2019, 02:57:30 AM »

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2019, 03:54:18 AM »
Not at all. However the 1 dimensional table that compares number of hits to kill at different ranges is only 1 of many variables. Bustr got his panties in a wad when I asked about side shots since some tanks like the panther do worse compared to the t34 on the side.

Honestly when I go bombarding it really doesn't matter what they are in.

One might wanna see to their one wadded panties. ;)