Author Topic: GV twisty stick question  (Read 889 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
GV twisty stick question
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:27:52 PM »
Is it possible to control fwd, red, left, right movement in a GV via my twisty handle T16000. Pretty sure I used my old Saitek Cyborg for that many moons ago but forgot the assignment process.

~thanks

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: GV twisty stick question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 03:06:23 PM »
Each axis can have stuff mapped to 3 points (min, mid, and max) along their travel. Go to controls /map controllers and select your stick. Look in the lower pane for the axis you want to map. Might want to move it around so you know at what point you want what to happen. Double click on that point. Another box will come up to select a function. Select vehicle. All the controls that can be assigned are on the list. Double click on a function. I think that'll get what ya need. I see the movement ones on there.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »
If you haven't set up mode 2 for vehicles already you may want to copy mode 1 to mode 2 then go to mode 2 to set up the stick.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 10:05:37 PM »
in other words yes
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
Yuck.  No stick for me when GV'ing.  I use a mouse on my right hand to direct the turret, change round type, and fire, and my left hand on the 1, 2, S, Q, A, D, E keys for gunsight, commander, forward, left, stop, right, engine (in that order).  Also, I do 95% of my tanking in the standing position, head up and out of the hatch.  I drew a dot on my monitor screen and that's how I aim.  In fact I drew a grid of dots with a fine tip sharpie, which helps me aim the 88, 5 inch, 37, wirble and ostwind.  And helps with main gunning low flying aircraft.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »
Is it possible to control fwd, red, left, right movement in a GV via my twisty handle T16000. Pretty sure I used my old Saitek Cyborg for that many moons ago but forgot the assignment process.

Which direction is red?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com