Author Topic: What we have been up to.  (Read 30106 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: What we have been up to.
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2018, 02:39:23 PM »
What will be the draw to get people from War Online to here?  Will it just something like "Check out our other game"?  Or will there be something a little more solid?

I will not be able to look for myself until next week at the earliest.

I think it's going to be the whole "curiosity" bit that will get people to enjoy both titles. It would be helpful if scenarios, KOTH, FSO and yes, even the melee were cleverly advertised from within the new platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2018, 02:40:49 PM »
None at all. WOP is not geared to existing players. Runways don't even exist.
HiTech

So it will be fly till you die?  No landing your kills?

Dougie

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 02:42:49 PM »
I hope it doesn't follow the same path as WoWP.

I don't imagine that it will but ya never know.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »
I think it's going to be the whole "curiosity" bit that will get people to enjoy both titles. It would be helpful if scenarios, KOTH, FSO and yes, even the melee were cleverly advertised from within the new platform.

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  Get them hooked, then if they're looking for something more like FSO or scenarios they may migrate over.  Or they may not.

I'm curious to see how this new game is implemented.  Off the cuff, I have massive reservations but we'll just have to see how it pans out.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2018, 03:03:43 PM »
That sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  Get them hooked, then if they're looking for something more like FSO or scenarios they may migrate over.  Or they may not.

Maybe earned car wash, sorry, war cash can be traded in for a month of free AHIII. 

My biggest concern are the sheep.  Sheep are natural in a European setting, but the Pacific?

Water Buffalo just don't have the same sex appeal.   ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2018, 03:24:49 PM »
HiTech,

I understand your focus is on new players.

Will a person that fly's in AH3 have to relearn how to fly in the new game or will things be pretty close to what we are used to?

Thanks,

Slade  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
HiTech,

Will a person that fly's in AH3 have to relearn how to fly in the new game or will things be pretty close to what we are used to?

Thanks,

I would say there shouldn’t be a difference. Why change something that works well?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »
More important than the planes, any sheeps in-game ?  :old:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2018, 06:15:44 PM »
HiTech,

Thanks,

My guess is it will ALL be the same, flight model, ballistics everything. This way they can put the game together quickly, tweak a couple things for the "War Cash" setup, and roll it out in less than a month.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2018, 11:26:46 PM »
This is good.

Just some more info from what has been said, asked and answered. And taking the straight point a + b = c

1.   The title banner and everything points to Japanese and American planes only. So, I assume that means no Spitfires.
2.   The title states Pacific points to only aircraft in the Pacific being used.
3.   That there is a P-40 in the screen grab. As p40’s were used from carriers. Forget that, because I read there won’t be airfields and by that I assume (tricky word to use) no Carriers. Though the clip does show a carrier liftoff (cutaway or intro clip I guess) – oh now I see. Its’ the Wildcat upgrade teaser video.
4.   No airfields mean you can’t land kills which defeats the purpose of running to attain “glory” which is good (no fake glory). But the teaser clip shows a strafing of an airfield (teaser clip from something unrelated again?)

Now;

Is it a furball or plano a plano?
If it’s a furball is it country based for strategy and laughter? That’s redundant I suppose. Japs vs Yanks – that’s a step forward.
Are comms the same, once again for strategy and laughter?
Is the game 200 enabled so combatants can speak to each other with respect and dignity - that’s funny in of itself.

Something that forces fights with no other purpose than to virtually kill or be virtually killed is about as good as it gets. If the AH3 flight model and graphics are used, more the better.
Then numbers won’t be a problem because you’re squeezed into a space, can’t land and hopefully can’t run. The running is pretty annoying really and most of the reason for the declining numbers.

All this taking fields and winning wars is fine in it’s place, but nothing replaces fighting. Cagefighting WW2 planes must be fun by it’s nature.
This will be fun.

Next try smaller maps consistently in AH3 to really force the runners from the game and bring back the fun.
And have channel 300 with no mods, but a disclaimer to tune.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2018, 12:59:21 AM »
This is good.

Now;

Is it a furball or plano a plano?

Something that forces fights with no other purpose than to virtually kill or be virtually killed is about as good as it gets. If the AH3 flight model and graphics are used, more the better.
Then numbers won’t be a problem because you’re squeezed into a space, can’t land and hopefully can’t run. The running is pretty annoying really and most of the reason for the declining numbers.

All this taking fields and winning wars is fine in it’s place, but nothing replaces fighting. Cagefighting WW2 planes must be fun by it’s nature.
This will be fun.

Next try smaller maps consistently in AH3 to really force the runners from the game and bring back the fun.
And have channel 300 with no mods, but a disclaimer to tune.

I've been saying this for years, but an arena just hasnt been produced that creates a "fighter bowl"  quick atmosphere, and don't get me started on Match play... DA lake was close but I had a lot about gripes about that map also. Keep dueling/tournament arena and quick action fighter bowl on 2 different maps.
Custom maps don't stay up long enough to get popular.
In H2H rooms stayed up it seemed for 12 hours.

You really only need about 6-8 players in a tight fighting area and it's great fun! I miss the smog8 map a lot.

I think this will be a good idea, or at least great for warm ups and learning how to fight in the planes. That is something that AH is missing because match play just isn't right..  I hope that WOP will be a quick fight atmosphere that isn't too large or too complicated.

I agree with you about the runners.... But the only real way to fix that is by reducing ENY and perhaps even perking late war monsters like the 190D who's literal best advantage is to extend away from fights. Too many of these planes makes the fights slower and less actionable.

Planes that are fighting each other in AVA during the same year and theater make for really great fights. So if that is the case, WOP should have really great fights. If it's not too complicated.

Hitech, I just hope you are ready to and willing to bend to some adjustments after people play it for a minute. I had wished that you made changes to the Match play that I suggested because I really understand this game, but if WOP is a different approach to that, than I'll be gald to try it and fly in it, because I love quick action fights.

I still hope y'all work on the match play in AH3 and just debo that whole entire thing, make a simple very easy fighter bowl that bustr could make. And then keep the DA map as a separate arena. I think that is pretty easy and it would be so much better than what is there now. Just as an example, when you log into match play, you can't even see the furball area. People don't know what the heck to do .. click a direction button, I get spawed out, which is cool, but you can't even see the furball area on the map in the tower...  Its just silly. And not being able to pick teams or pick who you want to duel killed it even more.

Just keep it simple!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:04:47 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2018, 06:30:53 AM »
Skeptical myself ... I think it is a stand alone that will have additions (well it actually tells you that much).... my guess free to play...pay to get better style.(states this too)... probably be a dumbed down flight model for all the plebs who don't want to learn and just want to get in and mix it up without too much trying...

Not AH

then the forum for that one will be all about how it is an american developer and the Japanese planes have been neutered and the american planes have super powers hahahaha
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:55:49 AM by SPKmes »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2018, 06:33:35 AM »
The Spitfire was in the pacific, someone above thought it was not.

Actually, what someone above posted was:

The title banner and everything points to Japanese and American planes only.

Which I'm not particularly convinced of, myself. We can all interject what the big picture is from a puzzle piece .... but I wouldn't recommend it.  :old:

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2018, 07:07:57 AM »
Click on the web link info button and this comes up:

War Online: Pacific is the first in a series of fast action WWII combat simulations. War Online: Pacific uses a WWII plane set combating Japan against the USA.It couples a high fidelity flight model with fast paced dog fighting action.

I suspect there will be a European theater at some point, and who knows what else.