Author Topic: To all Euro Squads and Pilots  (Read 2464 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
To all Euro Squads and Pilots
« on: August 25, 2001, 04:58:00 PM »
Gents,

In the next couple of months I will be looking at starting a 2nd TOD for those in Europe. Before I commit time and effort into this I need some information, but you might want to read over the TOD rules before you answer.  http://events.hitechcreations.com/tod/

1.   What day is better for you or your squad, Saturday or Sunday?
2.   What is the name of your squad?
3.   Who is the C.O.?
4.   How many could they commit to each frame?  (4-6) (7-10) (11-15) (16-20) (21-25) (26-30) or more?

In a couple of weeks we will be starting our 2nd TOD. We learned a lot from the first and stand to learn more in this next one. After that is when I plan to look hard at a Euro TOD, but much of that will depend on how you answer here.

Please don't try to pad your committed numbers. If you state your squad can field 16-20 pilots a frame and I look up your squad and see only 12 members I will only count those and will let you know you have a problem with addition.

I hope this will work out, and I look forward to your cooperation.

<S>
-------------------
CM CO daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Noses in the wind since 1997
Snapshots & TOD!

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it
Irving Berlin
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

wobbel

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2001, 03:25:00 AM »
Hi DD!

1. What day is better for you or your squad, Saturday or Sunday?
* Sunday

2. What is the name of your squad?
* 332 Viking Squad

3. Who is the C.O.?
* GA

4. How many could they commit to each frame? (4-6) (7-10) (11-15) (16-20) (21-25) (26-30) or more?
* 4-6

Thx for looking into geting TOD to eropean side  ;)

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by daddog:
Gents,
I see the equality didn't last long... LOL

In the next couple of months I will be looking at starting a 2nd TOD for those in Europe.

Great Daddog!  Thanks for the providing the opportunity for those of us in Europe to take part in TOD.... it is greatly appreciated!    :)

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: Flossy ]
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
i feel a bit ripped off.
why do us poor european subsciption payers have to wait 2 months for a chance to play TOD at a resonable hour!
come on!

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
Selector,

Daddog isn't a HTC employee. He won't be paid more because he organizes another TOD at european hours. He'll only gets problems and less time to fly.

So, instead of whining, why don't you get a grip on yourself and organize and run such an event all by yourself? Then you'll realize how it feels to get criticized by some for the effort and work you've done for the community...

de Selys
European customer
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2001, 03:28:00 PM »
Daddog,

:)  Mate, you may find a numbers problem if you go down this route.  I mean, numbers havnt exactly been awesome for this TOD (not awesome like Afrika or Hostile Shores), numbers will be even less for a Euro TOD simply because there aint as many pilots in Europe as the America's.

Why not just have one TOD?  At a reasonable time.   Fridays 8pm (EST) aint too bad for us Euro's.  Saturdays/sundays anytime 3-8pm (EST) is even better. Attendance would be good cos you've got squads from all over.  

I mean come on pal, I've even heard murmerings from US pilots that this TOD is just too damn late at night on the wrong day.  No-one hangs around after the flying is over, they're all too knackered after getting up at 5:30am (Ripsnort anyway) to go to work.

One day I'd like to see an arena with squads from all over the planet, but that prolly wont happen for two reasons.  1)  the arena capacity aint big enough.  2)  For someone somewhere it'll be 4am.

If ya are gonna have two seperate TODs then I need a Euro Squad to accept me as a guest.    ;)

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: Swoop ]

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2001, 10:27:00 PM »
So far I have a correction from flossy, a whine from selector, suggestions from swoop and 4 guys from wobble.   :rolleyes:

And so I am to even going to consider starting a 2nd TOD?
Nope.

Move Friday's "successful" TOD?
Nope.

Swoop you can't compare the weekly TOD's and the Large Multi Frame Events we have 2 or 3 times a year. The TOD's have been by FAR the most successful weekly events Aces High have ever had, and they are only 1 month old. Think about it. Twelve squads every Friday night. I don't know what numbers you expect or want for a weekly event a month old, but the numbers are excellent.  :)

If those in Europe want one they have to support it or I will not waste my time or that of the CM Corps.
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
Dad-

1)the 56th has Euro guys that would LOVE a TOD tailored for their hours.

2) ammo is the CO, however I am in CST US. Depending on what time of day it kicks off, I will probably have some US guys that will fly it too.

3) I can commit at this time 4-6, however I am thinking I can get better numbers, more like 7-10 depending on the time of the day.

I have heard some excitement from some of my guys about this. You have our support.

<S>! Thank you for your hard efforts sir.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2001, 10:55:00 PM »
DDog, if you're unwilling or unable to treat we Euro's on an equal footing as US customers, why don't you get out of the way and allow us to run our own events?

Hitech, Pyro? any reason in particular we have to put up with this?

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2001, 11:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker:
DDog, if you're unwilling or unable to treat we Euro's on an equal footing as US customers, why don't you get out of the way and allow us to run our own events?

Hitech, Pyro? any reason in particular we have to put up with this?

Some of you are jumping on Daddog a bit hard and for no real warranted reason.

The TOD is all of a month old? and we've just finished our first Tour. This first one was all about getting our feet wet, testing the waters to see how much interest there really is for a weekly event that requires this level of commitment. The Friday night timeslot was chosen because that's when the most amount of players are logged on and playing. It's as simple as that.

Daddog started this thread in an effort to see how many "Euro" squads are "honestly" interested and how many pilots they could commit on a weekly basis.

Selector and Seeker ... if you are interested and want to participate, say so, but don't come in here complaining about feeling ripped off or accusing Daddog of purposely treating you differently because you don't live in the US ... that's roadkill and you know it.

Online Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
Hmmm... I'm on GMT+12. ALL events are some bizzare hour for me - usually very early sunday mornings.

BUT... I still make it and enjoy them. I'd rather get up early for a crowded TOD (ie full of US pilots) than have a timeslot 'comfortable' for me but devoid of attendees.

FER CHRISSAKE U WUSSES -> on the 2nd TOD I actually flew while there was an All Blacks game on. If thats not commitment I dunno what is!!!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2001, 01:38:00 AM »
Seeker? You saying daddog isn't treating Euros on an equal footing is extremely odd considering you posted that in a thread where daddog is looking into the damn *creation* of a Euro TOD. It seems to me you got a helluhva chip on yer shoulder, bud.

I notice you didn't answer a *single question* daddog posed. What exactly is he supposed to take away from this? Why don't you give that a whirl huh?

Here are the questions, again:

1. What day is better for you or your squad, Saturday or Sunday?
2. What is the name of your squad?
3. Who is the C.O.?
4. How many could they commit to each frame? (4-6) (7-10) (11-15) (16-20) (21-25) (26-30) or more?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2001, 02:07:00 AM »
Btw, just where is this groundswell of Euro support? Wobbel pledges 4-6 guys and ammo pledges a few more with squaddies that are already participating in the TOD. So from this we know that a European TOD isn't looking feasible. 13 guys isn't gonna cut it. (There may be many more, but... who's to say? You wouldn't know it looking at the replies here.)

Now... What *could* work is if we created a single TOD at a European/North American  friendly time. But you have to look at this another way. Right now we've got about 100 flyers a week at the current time slot (I don't care what anybody says - that's a success). If the TOD *was* moved, who here could guarantee that more people wouldn't be forced to drop out than we would pick up? So far that number is only at about a dozen - so the odds aren't too great there either, and may in fact wreck the one TOD we *know* to be working.

Now the Snapshot is an event that's agreeable to both North Americans and Euros. Do you know how many people showed up for Saturday's Snapshot? Thirteen. Again, it's not exactly an overwhelming show of support.

What else is there to go on?

So look... Check out what daddog's post is saying. A Euro-friendly TOD is being seriously looked into here. Why do you think he posted this? It would be fantastic to have. But except for a couple of people, nobody is helping. If you want it, you really need to demonstrate that and answer the questions he is asking.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Nash ]

Offline storm

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2001, 02:33:00 AM »
Hiya daddog

Thx for trying to organize a Euro friendly
TOD.I flew the last one and had massive fun allthough i didnt hit squat with that german iron coffin :)

We are only 2 euros in our squad but if there would be a possibility to join both timezones that would be great....you should watch me looking in the mirror at 3.45 AM saying to myself...what the F*** are you doing??????

But it's well worth the immersion and the fun.

<S> to all you and all the other guys that help to organize these events

Any  time will do for me as the one now hits the Gpoint of the night :)..you dont know if to stay up or if to wake up early.

My proposition if not too many show up for a Euro TOD, is to adjust the time maybe a couple hours ahead or before the now sheduled 10PM eastern on Friday.Not sure if that will maybe drop a lot of US guys or other timezones.

Storm

Offline Skyman

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2001, 04:01:00 AM »
hiya daddog first and formost keep up the good work i luv anything thats orginized im in for a eoro tod at the moment the 56 firebirds r looking into numbers of how many will fly we have a sqd of 22 but i cant commit just yet i think alot will depend on overall numbers in attandance looking at the options (this is a personal opinoin)
SAT at 8PM or sunday 8PM r good possabiltiies number of fliers could range from 5 upto 15 out of our sqd
SWOOP u can always join us as a guest  :)
krait sqdn may also put some pilots again awaiting numbers
for hostile shores we managed to put a constant 10 in the air each frame  
hope this gives u some help
if u need concrete numbers let me know and il try to firm things up qiucker
u can contact myself or VLADD whos CO of 56 firebirds via private ubb message
cheers

Skyman
Exec Officer 56 Firebirds "fiter" Squadron RAF