Author Topic: Gunsights  (Read 741 times)

Offline Airchill

• Zinc Member
Gunsights
« on: December 20, 2018, 09:12:07 AM »
I launch AH through occulus. I had problems before with it saving stick settings, but with some help from Skuzzy, that problem was resolved. The only bug I have with VR now is it wont save my gunsight settings whenever there is a patch. I have to reset all the planes gunsights after every patch. Not a big deal but annoying, because I shoot as well as a blind man trying to hit a butterfly in a tornado. Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated. Not the shooting fix of course lol.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gunsights
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 11:51:04 AM »
Changes your gunsight settings...

As in your reassignment of the historic default setup gunsight menu to different planes or, your own custom gunsights being replaced with the default historic gunsights?

If this is what's happening, before you run a new patch, backup a copy of your current sights folder. After the patch if your gunsight settings have been rearranged, copy the backup folder contents into the new sights folder. At the least, all files with a .txt from the backup to the patch updated sights folder. The .txt files hold the gunsight setup info for each aircraft.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 01:25:09 PM »
This would be an issue with the Oculas patcher, I'll see how to tell it not to update the sight files.

HiTEch

Offline Airchill

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »
Did the patch, no gunsight save. Just wanted to update this thanks