Author Topic: So, I wated to do some carrier landings in VR...  (Read 897 times)

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
So, I wated to do some carrier landings in VR...
« on: December 20, 2018, 10:43:38 AM »
... offline.  I thought it might be pretty neat to land a big old torpedo plane (all that glasswork in 3d) on an IJN carrier.

...and I'm sure I recall HiTech showing off models of IJN CV's ...ok, maybe ten years ago...

Anyway, I downloaded both 'pearl' and 'midway' terrains, but no Japanese carriers.

What am I not seeing?  Or where?

regards, Airman T. E. Shaw

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: So, I wated to do some carrier landings in VR...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »
As far as I know all the CV's in AH are Essex class. I don't ever recall seeing an IJN CV in AH.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
Just a thought, all though I have no memory of it...

But might it be possible that you saw such a thing in one of the "PTO" scenarios?

Edit: meaning it would have been a custom skin or terrain feature that is now gone since....
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:47:38 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
Just a thought, all though I have no memory of it...

But might it be possible that you saw such a thing in one of the "PTO" scenarios?

Edit: meaning it would have been a custom skin or terrain feature that is now gone since....

Ah, so!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »
I don't ever recall seeing an IJN CV in AH.

Years ago, someone posted an image of a Japanese carrier, which he had somehow formed from the AH version.  I don't believe it was ever actually implemented, though.

- oldman

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »
I was also thinking about all the custom stuff that Ranger used to do and the custom stuff for the AvsA arena
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »
If you do a search through the terrain editor forum, I think you will find a discussion about building a static IJN carrier. I think it was brought up just when AH3 went live, that time frame.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »
"Combat Theater"  I do remember seeing something, but it was a long time ago.  Nothing ever came of it, but I do recall seeing a picture of CV with the rising sun on it.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes