Author Topic: FSO Rules Reminder  (Read 6297 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: FSO Rules Reminder
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 05:59:21 PM »
FSO is no where near any of these official events you have mentioned. FSO is much more aligned to a night out partying. However, things seem to have declined pretty harshly and this party seems to be wrapping up. If I'm banned for cussing out someone for doing something they shouldn't be that will really show how low things have gone.

You apparently think or have the illusion that these "FSO Events" are nothing more than being the same thing as getting together with your good ol'boys at the local Pool Hall, Beer joint or Biker's Club and sit around drinking it up, smoking it up and throwing around F-bombs and GD M-F'ers every now and then pissing and moaning about what your Bossman or Wife or Girlfriend made you do this past week... then if you feel up to it, you might follow your orders some CiC volunteered their time to create and get out to the FSO squads on his side all the while hoping his side works together and don't run off playing whack-a-mole trying to score the most kills, or cursing others out because someone mistakenly accidentally flew in front of someones guns

Not giving a crap that this is indeed an Official Special event held 3 frames a Month, where sides are assigned to squads, orders are created and mailed out and Missions are planned by each side Allied & Axis to try and defeat the other...

FSO is just as much official as any and all other special events, like:
Scenarios
Target For Today
Combat Challenge Series
Fortress Europe
TDI (This Day In WWII)
KOTH
KOTH - TOC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2018, 06:32:41 PM »
You apparently think or have the illusion that these "FSO Events" are nothing more than being the same thing as getting together with your good ol'boys at the local Pool Hall, Beer joint or Biker's Club and sit around drinking it up, smoking it up and throwing around F-bombs and GD M-F'ers every now and then pissing and moaning about what your Bossman or Wife or Girlfriend made you do this past week... then if you feel up to it, you might follow your orders some CiC volunteered their time to create and get out to the FSO squads on his side all the while hoping his side works together and don't run off playing whack-a-mole trying to score the most kills, or cursing others out because someone mistakenly accidentally flew in front of someones guns

Not giving a crap that this is indeed an Official Special event held 3 frames a Month, where sides are assigned to squads, orders are created and mailed out and Missions are planned by each side Allied & Axis to try and defeat the other...

To some I'm sure that's what it is, a way to blow off steam, have a drink or two with your online buddies and enjoy the camaraderie of friends/squaddies. To others that want to get more invested, I'm sure they find fun in doing that too...planning routes, writing orders, immersing themselves in the mission. Who cares how someone has fun in events as long as it is not blatantly and repeatedly ruining it for others?

Similar to the MA...people can find fun in special events in a variety of different ways.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:34:44 PM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2018, 06:36:42 PM »
If one would not verbally speak like this while eating out in public with their family...

I bet you'd sing a different tune if another customer pissed on your food.

That's what we're really dealing with here. Remember that Batz was reacting to another player's poor play.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Zambelli

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2018, 07:38:53 PM »
Trying so hard to hold back my tongue.    :mad:
Zambelli
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »
Trying so hard to hold back my tongue.    :mad:
:banana: :banana: :banana:

You probably should. I didn’t and look what happened!
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »

FSO is just as much official as any and all other special events, like:
Scenarios
Target For Today
Combat Challenge Series
Fortress Europe
TDI (This Day In WWII)
KOTH
KOTH - TOC
Half these events you have listed no longer exist. In addition myself and my squad have a pretty good time, and we use some mean words that might hurt some feeling, but I can’t think of a squad that is more reliable in accomplishing orders or in pure carnage.
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2018, 08:23:58 PM »
Muting still works last i checked. If you have a thin skin you might try it. You'd think people were made of thicker stuff.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2018, 09:56:39 PM »
Some have class and some don't.

All goes back to what kind of parents you had.

It has always been that way.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2018, 10:54:14 PM »

So if you were walking through the woods on a hunting trip and your buddy shot you in the arse you wouldn’t cuss him out?

I supposed most who have replied here wouldn’t, they’d bend over and ask for some more.
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2018, 11:05:48 PM »
Half these events you have listed no longer exist. In addition myself and my squad have a pretty good time, and we use some mean words that might hurt some feeling, but I can’t think of a squad that is more reliable in accomplishing orders or in pure carnage.

All the Events Listed are events Ran by the CM Team for HTC and are still currently ran  except for Fortress Europe this was still in testing mode.  People still choose to fly these events even tho they are not as popular as FSO but they are still events that run the 2 main events that do not run anymore that used to have a good turn out are Snapshot's which was like a mini FSO and Heavy Metal Sundays which were event's based for the gv players of the game..

Yes I Agree some events have died out due to low numbers but as a whole Community We should try and curb our lingo in the heat of Battles yes I am no angel of this either but I Try to keep it under my tongue and I apologize if I ticked or upset anyone with my Previous Post! I am a Biker and I fight for my Brothers in real life or in my extended family like here

<S>
Molsman/Crazyman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2018, 11:23:36 PM »

I'm no Saint, and I have fouled up before

TC

be nice if squads would self police.... keep that crap on squad vox, if your squad allows it.......keep it off of local/range channel

I bet you'd sing a different tune if another customer pissed on your food.

That's what we're really dealing with here. Remember that Batz was reacting to another player's poor play.

not sure about singing a different tune or not... I would still most likely backfist the customer in the face, whom ever it was  that decided to relieve themself's on my food, then I would ask the manager to refund my money, if I had already spent any...

I'm not taking up for any player albeit Morfiend or Batz... all of us has been in that position before, and if you claim you haven't, just wait, it will come and again, and again, and again... hardly an issue to get worked upped over or to berate a long time member of the FSO Community, let along a long time member of the Aces High Community

which half of these Special Events no longer exist? The only one that I know for sure that has stopped being hosted is the:
AHXRL : Aces High Extreme Racing League (which I did not include in my original list of events)

I know that both Combat Challenge Series and Fortress Europe(in testing) is still on the forum as well... so please tell us which 1/2 of the Eight listed special events, no longer exist?

As for yourself and your squad have/enjoy having a pretty good time and might even use some mean words or curse words, even......

that is really no different than most all other squads... some just do a better job of it keeping most of the stuff on their squad vox/squad text channels

I'm guessing it's either a generation thing or a country/farm/ranch raised verses city/suburban raised :D

:old:    :cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2018, 11:54:40 PM »
FE and This day in WWII are gone. There was a total of 10 kills in the last TDI event, you can’t possibly count that as an actual event.

TC you really mentional a lot of physical violence, I think that might just be worse, and more illegal, than a few naughty words. That “back fist” could really land you in more trouble than I am in here.  :banana:
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2018, 12:28:37 AM »

FE and This day in WWII are gone. There was a total of 10 kills in the last TDI event, you can’t possibly count that as an actual event.

TC you really mention a lot of physical violence, I think that might just be worse, and more illegal, than a few naughty words. That “back fist” could really land you in more trouble than I am in here.  :banana:

I knew Flossy held a TDI  for Pearl Harbor... had not realized it had been nearly a year or more since the last TDI event

Nah, I walk the line, hehe! no trouble here

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 12:30:40 AM by TequilaChaser »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2018, 04:09:09 AM »
So if you were walking through the woods on a hunting trip and your buddy shot you in the arse you wouldn’t cuss him out?

I supposed most who have replied here wouldn’t, they’d bend over and ask for some more.

Just comparing a game to something serious shows you need to step back and reevaluate reality.

Think about what you are saying.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »
Just comparing a game to something serious shows you need to step back and reevaluate reality.

Think about what you are saying.
Hey bud I apparently needed to goto that level because your friend TC has been doing it as his main argument. Where was this comment then? I think y’all are taking this a bit far but it’s entertaining for sure.  :banana:
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack