Author Topic: FSO Rules Reminder  (Read 6296 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
FSO Rules Reminder
« on: December 21, 2018, 04:03:04 PM »
Hey everyone!

With 2019 quickly approaching, I wanted to put up a simple rules reminder up for everyone.  At your leisure, please go over everything and remember, we are here to have fun.

https://ahevents.net/index.php/fso-rules

Please treat each other with dignity and respect and have fun.  Understand that personal attacks, whether verbal or text, can yet you muted, suspended, or banned from participation in FSO. 

Also worth mentioning.  Regarding squad min/max.  Squads that go over their forecasted numbers will not be penalized in the near future.  All we ask is that you do your best to forecast, but invite your MA friends to come along.  Get them in uniform and show them this element to AH3.  We as a FSO community, can build up our numbers together.  If you go over your max allowed, it is no biggie.  Help us grow.  In fact, each month, try to bring another new player with you. 

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: FSO Rules Reminder
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 05:29:17 PM »
Also worth mentioning.  Regarding squad min/max.  Squads that go over their forecasted numbers will not be penalized in the near future.  All we ask is that you do your best to forecast, but invite your MA friends to come along.  Get them in uniform and show them this element to AH3.  We as a FSO community, can build up our numbers together.  If you go over your max allowed, it is no biggie.  Help us grow.  In fact, each month, try to bring another new player with you.   

Good point Slip. It is a difficult thing to achieve balance for FSO Admins. Because of the windows we are given, it is quite difficult to accurately estimate the attendance on a given Friday. Because of this it is imperative that CO's try as hard as they can to remain within the window and adjust each month if need be. Punishment should be out of the question, but every CO should consider the numbers each month when updating preferences.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 07:57:25 AM »
 :aok....Thanks for posting... :salute

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 12:15:37 AM »
Also just a quick note, shooting friendlies will damage them. That's why shoulder shooting and firing on enemies where there are friendlies very close to your line of fire is an extremely bad idea!  :banana:
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 11:24:46 AM »
Yea, its also a bad idea to fly underneath a friendly pilot while they are shooting and engaged, they will not see you until it is to late and friendly fire could occur. This could also cause a pilot who was on the receiving end of friendly fire to loose there head and start cursing someone out on open channel, showing no class what so ever.

Friendly fire sometimes happens, chalk it up as an accident, how it is handled in the heat of battle is a choice.
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 09:37:25 PM »
interesting, typically your bullets go where your site is, and you can see what in front of you. I’ve neger seen bullets come out of my plane and go somewhere I wasn’t aimed. It seems FSO has begun to go down the same tubes the rest of the game has, oh well.
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »
Batz

Did you film this sortie also?????  if you did post it here so people can see it and see what you saw? Friendly Fire happens all the time in FSO and we Shrug it off at times but in the heat of the battle things happen!!!! So if ya want to plead your side Post your film other then That Keep your Trap shut and Brush it off as friendly fire incident!

Call me whatever you want to but I been playing this game way longer then you have been and have also helped with the game probably more then you ever have to keep the community coming back for more.

Molsman/Crazyman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 10:07:06 AM »
No I unfortunately do not have the film mols. Yes, you’re right I have been here 9 years, which seems like forever but you still have seniority on me. My side of the case is pretty clear cut, I was going in to kill a hurricane I had fought down from altitude, and as I was going to line up my shot I was raked with gunfire from behind, causing me to break off and defend against morfied, not a red guy. So I very colorfully let him know on range, he apologized, and we continued to fight. I even gave him a check and helped clear him later on in the fight.

Seeing that grown men has let this progress to this level is simply disgusting. Apparently confrontation is scary for more than just millennials, and action can only be taken behind close doors with petty side jabs.
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 10:44:16 AM »
Gents lets settle down a bit and move on ok?  Until one of you has had his wing nearly shot off mid frame by a squaddies cat you have no room to complain. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »
Until one of you has had his wing nearly shot off mid frame by a squaddies cat you have no room to complain. 
I...I'm intrigued.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 11:33:43 AM »
I...I'm intrigued.
Oh you have not heard the story have you...  Well, the Pigs were cruising at 20k in Spit 9's in an FSO last year.  Peaceful as can be, not a cloud in the sky. 25 minutes into the frame and we are scanning for the Axis planes we know are out there.  All of the sudden tracers start flying by my plane and I hear that sickening crunch that lets me know I am hit somewhere so I jink hard right, then left assuming a high plane has dropped on us.  Somebody starts hollering "cease fire" "cease fire" "someone shot the lead, someone shot Waystin".  I hear Razor say sheepishly "sorry, my cat jumped on the keyboard." Complete silence until someone says "he's a pretty good shot" then non-stop laughter! We have been trying without success to recruit the cat and have been rebuffed repeatedly.  :D

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 11:46:12 AM »
Oh you have not heard the story have you...  Well, the Pigs were cruising at 20k in Spit 9's in an FSO last year.  Peaceful as can be, not a cloud in the sky. 25 minutes into the frame and we are scanning for the Axis planes we know are out there.  All of the sudden tracers start flying by my plane and I hear that sickening crunch that lets me know I am hit somewhere so I jink hard right, then left assuming a high plane has dropped on us.  Somebody starts hollering "cease fire" "cease fire" "someone shot the lead, someone shot Waystin".  I hear Razor say sheepishly "sorry, my cat jumped on the keyboard." Complete silence until someone says "he's a pretty good shot" then non-stop laughter! We have been trying without success to recruit the cat and have been rebuffed repeatedly.  :D

I do remember this story from a few years ago it seems like. We have all had friendlies shoot at us in FSO. It happens and it is unfortunate. With the mechanics of ping and relative location in Aces High, we do not always see what the other guy sees. I have had a squaddie kill me from 600 out because he did not see me. This stuff happens.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »
Had a wingman years ago who was unfamiliar with the amount of lead required for 109K4's 30mm clear the six of the Spitfire I was about to kill from 600 yards out.  :lol

It happens.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 12:27:28 PM »
Think the point is, that if you have played FSO or scenerio's where the setting are "kill shooter off", accidents can happen and do. The point that batz is missing is his unacceptable behavior after the incident.

Now maybe there has been some private communication to where batz said, "yea, sorry about that, lost my head" of something to that effect, and if that is the case, then apologies.

But on this board, batz's tone is that he was justified for acting this way, i am one voice that takes exception to that.
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 01:15:26 PM »
All laughing aside my intention was to defuse the tension that  was the the result of an obvious miscommunication between two very determined and skilled pilots.  See you fellas up there. :aok