Author Topic: Attracting more players in the main arena or what ever it's called today.  (Read 30834 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: Attracting more players in the main arena or what ever it's called today.
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2019, 09:06:05 PM »
What makes you think HTC will continue to support AH3?

How about this:

AH Is not a hobby. It has been mine and many others full time employment for almost 20 years.

I'm sure I can find more.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2019, 11:50:05 PM »
Honestly AH is great the way it is.

What happens a lot is folks want change then complain when it does. Just the same is folks wanting to run AH on a Tandy computer.

Humans are never satisfied.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2019, 12:36:22 AM »
I noticed about a 30-50 player drop for the buzzsaw map being up this Friday night compared to recent fridays. That's saying something.... I knew it to when I saw the #s on the clipboard. Just sayin....
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2019, 06:42:44 AM »
What makes you think he won't?
Because this, no longer applies:

"HiTech Creations was founded with a simple philosophy, by Dale "HiTech" Addink, in 1999.  It's not to create a large corporation, a vast gaming network, or a line of online games.  It's just to create one game, but one that is better than any other like it.  Contrary to most companies, our goal is to keep the company small.  We know that with a singular focus and an experienced cohesive team that enjoys its work, the production, service, support, and overall level of satisfaction will be unmatched."

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2019, 06:45:57 AM »
How about this:

I'm sure I can find more.

remember this one:
"HiTech Creations was founded with a simple philosophy, by Dale "HiTech" Addink, in 1999.  It's not to create a large corporation, a vast gaming network, or a line of online games.  It's just to create one game, but one that is better than any other like it.  Contrary to most companies, our goal is to keep the company small.  We know that with a singular focus and an experienced cohesive team that enjoys its work, the production, service, support, and overall level of satisfaction will be unmatched."
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2019, 07:43:11 AM »
Because this, no longer applies:

Goals change. Companies ebb and flow. That is how they survive. Lest they become like Sears and so many other poorly run has beens.

In actuality the new game is much like the old with multitudes of limits to force quick action and simplify use for today's type of player.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:48:16 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2019, 09:10:33 AM »
Goals change. Companies ebb and flow. That is how they survive. Lest they become like Sears and so many other poorly run has beens.

In actuality the new game is much like the old with multitudes of limits to force quick action and simplify use for today's type of player.

Yep.  Hitech made an arcade game for the kids, and kept the flight simulator for the grown ups.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2019, 11:07:25 AM »

« Reply #61 on: Yesterday at 06:03:30 AM »

Quote from: Lusche on Yesterday at 05:05:01 AM

I tried that, it did not work.  ;)

I saw 170 folks.... cool

Report to moderator    Logged

80th FS "Headhunters"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Lusche
Radioactive Member

View Profile
 Last.FM Profile
 Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #62 on: Yesterday at 06:35:18 AM »

Quote from: Shuffler on Yesterday at 06:03:30 AM

I saw 170 folks.... cool

I saw 30. Now what  :P
looks like Shuffler's count was prime time and Lusche's count early morning 12am to 9am. why do people when talking about low numbers in the arena never say I saw 30 players but it was in the early morning-with the total numbers playing everyday or night early morning player count will always be low. if you look at most post's about low numbers 20-30 people will never say it was an early morning player count, my give some players the idea the arena is almost always empty no matter what time it is.
Apparently Lusche thinks people stay on 12-16 hours straight
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2019, 11:16:09 AM »
Apparently Lusche thinks people stay on 12-16 hours straight

No.  I believe the point Lusche was trying to make, is that during EU prime-time, there are insufficient numbers to be viable.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »
No.  I believe the point Lusche was trying to make, is that during EU prime-time, there are insufficient numbers to be viable.
Yes... not many Europeans playing.... because not many Europeans are playing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2019, 04:49:06 PM »
I noticed about a 30-50 player drop for the buzzsaw map being up this Friday night compared to recent fridays. That's saying something.... I knew it to when I saw the #s on the clipboard. Just sayin....

Yeah, its ridiculous to see how hard the numbers drop when that map is up.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2019, 05:08:35 PM »
Yeah, its ridiculous to see how hard the numbers drop when that map is up.

It's hurting bad. The fact that we had to fly for almost 2 sectors just to try to take a base with 5 people shows why it's such a poor design.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2019, 03:00:16 AM »
Down with Buttsaw!

I logged off when I saw it was up...

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2019, 05:37:50 PM »
Get rid of Buzzaw, and the big maps, at least at Euro TZ.
To let players play for free with limited set of planes/vehicles - it's a way of introducing new blood and get numbers up, like Warthunder have using players steam account, you can get premium tanks / planes / skins / load-out by paying.
To introduce new planes / vehicles is a way of keeping the interest up and keep old farts playing, 4 years with no new planes does not cut it, VR or not.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2019, 08:42:39 PM »
Attracting more players in the main arena or what ever it's called today.  The thread topic says it all.

If there is any true way to increase numbers, then it will take a personal interaction in a public setting with a computer setup and an experienced player being a spokesperson and trainer to the public.  It would take dozens of them spread throughout the cities and towns across the globe.

As I stated before in the thread.  All your suggestions don't have any weight without face to face communication.  A person to effectively explain all the nuances of a complicated flight simulator game.  They have the potential to be great, however, they require the aforementioned setting.

For anyone reading this, retired individuals with free time, business owners who have a small place for a setup, and  financial backers who can support a public setting game setup.  Try setting up a booth venue in a public setting and showcase this game.  Be informative of the material, helpful in explaining the game dynamics, and encourage local residents to play and form local squads (strength in numbers for new players).

This will be the watershed event for bringing the game back to previous levels.  Don't wait on HTC.  This will be a player initiative.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?