Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37470 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2019, 05:07:33 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2019, 08:25:17 PM »
I am getting a weird effect with the global reflections, they seem to be stuttering. It gives me a bit of a loss of balance.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2019, 08:32:52 PM »
I am getting a weird effect with the global reflections, they seem to be stuttering. It gives me a bit of a loss of balance.

How many beers have you had? :cheers:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2019, 08:59:22 PM »
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2019, 11:25:03 PM »

What are the little green crosses floating in front of the cons about?

And thank you who ever changed the sun!!!

Dougie

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2019, 01:04:42 AM »
What are the little green crosses floating in front of the cons about?

And thank you who ever changed the sun!!!

Dougie

That sounds like a lead computing sight!!

Also download went from 15 mins at 9pm CST to 35 min at 1am...should be other way around...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2019, 07:27:12 AM »
download speed is crawling this morning
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2019, 09:08:42 AM »
OK, I checked it out.  First, I found that someone else had already claimed my handle.  :frown:

For years there have been a group of people telling Hitech that he needs to turn Aces High into an arcade game.   From what I see, Hitech made a separate arcade game for the kids, and left Aces High as the full fledged flight simulator for the grown ups.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2019, 10:26:13 AM »
Use your same login ID as aces high.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »
Out of  curiosity, does WarOnline:Pacific automatically import any settings or configuration files from AH3, since both games install in to the same C:\hitechcreations\ main folder?

Reason for my question is because others posted about hearing start up music, etc...so when I got a chance to log in to WO:P last night, I checked out all the options, graphics, preferences, GUI, sounds, etc and noticed that without me having a chance to change anything yet... I noticed that most of my settings for WO:P were identical to how I have them set in AH3...hence the reason I heard no music playing...all my sound preferences/settings were set exactly how I have them in AH3

I did notice that the 2nd time I logged in to WO:P, that my graphics had changed with some items turned on/enabled that I had disabled the first time I logged in.... All sliders were maxed detail except Environmental, which was set back to 1 again, to where before during my first time logging in I had moved all detail sliders to roughly straight down the middle with EM slider to 0/none.....

All had moved and bloom, flare and some other check boxes had been enabled again....

I then proceeded to copy only my plane hps and other plane settings files and just certain other settings files like keymap files, controllers settings files, etc....

I didn't bother with copying/pasting the entire settings folder...only those files that showed up in WO:P settings folder that was also present in the AH3 settings folder...along with the keymap files, etc...

Oh, and I didn't bother with copying over any Gunner/bomber/GV/pt boat filled....just the fighter planes only ....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2019, 11:16:59 AM »
I'm having the same issue I've had since the introduction of AH3, the game is just a white screen. The only way to get it to work properly is to restart or sign out of my PC. I've tried closing every conceivable program that might be interfering with no results.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2019, 11:39:22 AM »
Krup, had you been playing any other games before your first attempt at login to AH3 or WO:P?

Or is it doing the "White Screen" after 1st start up of your computer, then trying to login straight to either game?

You're on Windows 10, right?

I don't think you have enough items loaded /pinned to your taskbar..... (joking, heh)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2019, 11:42:02 AM »
Yeah I don't use actual desktop icons if you can't tell, just pins.. prevents everything from getting messy.  :)

and yes usually it happens after launching any other game, if I play something before attempting to open AH/WO:P it just won't work without a restart/relog.

I hate to say it but this has contributed a lot to me not playing much anymore.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:45:01 AM by Krupinski »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2019, 11:49:49 AM »
Yeah I don't use actual desktop icons if you can't tell, just pins.. prevents everything from getting messy.  :)

and yes usually it happens after launching any other game, if I play something before attempting to open AH/WO:P it just won't work without a restart/relog.

I hate to say it but this has contributed a lot to me not playing much anymore.

Are you using a SSD for your Windows 10 and for your graphics card driver package installation? (also, what about AH3 and WO:P installation location and your other games? Are they installed on SSD drives or HDD drives?)

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2019, 11:51:55 AM »
It's all on an SSD, I've tried swapping the game from SSD to HDD to even a hybrid SSD/HDD it doesn't make a difference.