Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37198 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2019, 04:16:16 AM »
I have, but when I first logged in to play I had no controller Input...I had to set my all my stick settings... rudder throttle etc.... it just put me in and flying.... but had no control.... didn't try keyboard control but I never have so am lost when it comes to that...
All my controller were showing.. just everything was (input/buttons)were set to not assigned...all except the guns...the guns were assigned...

It didn't take much to do and was no skin off my nose...but for an instant access game a simple default set up could be helpful....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 04:21:00 AM by SPKmes »

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2019, 01:50:43 PM »
I have, but when I first logged in to play I had no controller Input...I had to set my all my stick settings... rudder throttle etc.... it just put me in and flying.... but had no control.... didn't try keyboard control but I never have so am lost when it comes to that...
All my controller were showing.. just everything was (input/buttons)were set to not assigned...all except the guns...the guns were assigned...

Same for me....not even guns.....If this is what greets new people trying it out, they will be gone quickly....... :old:

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2019, 06:15:57 PM »
Just tried it, the throttle does nothing, the flaps do nothing, the p40 has no chance against the zero like this. the zero out turns and appears to stay right with me no matter how i control the throttle or flaps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2019, 07:45:22 PM »
are you guys such noobs that you can't set up your controls?

I got to play with just throttle and when I press trigger just primary guns for.  then again I was just to lazy to set up the rest.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2019, 08:06:57 PM »
are you guys such noobs that you can't set up your controls?

I got to play with just throttle and when I press trigger just primary guns for.  then again I was just to lazy to set up the rest.

semp

My controls are setup, the throttle opens and closes but speed doesn't decrease or increase, flaps deploy but make zero difference. For instance, Zero throttle, full rudder, and flaps down and speed stays steady while maneuvering making it impossible to force an overshoot. At least that was my experience. I tried it several times with the same results. Got frustrated and logged.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2019, 08:26:29 PM »
My controls are setup, the throttle opens and closes but speed doesn't decrease or increase, flaps deploy but make zero difference. For instance, Zero throttle, full rudder, and flaps down and speed stays steady while maneuvering making it impossible to force an overshoot. At least that was my experience. I tried it several times with the same results. Got frustrated and logged.

Did you check the stall limiter and auto trim? Hitech said it was setup for rookies and so you get the soft style flight model.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2019, 08:27:40 PM »

just tried the throttle, i have dual throttles so i set 1 to throttle one and the other to throttle 2.  it works.  i have stall limiter on.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2019, 08:59:29 PM »
Okay I just tried again. The throttle will slow the plane but the flaps seem to have little to no effect. All boxes are unchecked. The flight model is just too dumbed down for my taste I guess. So far not a fan but will try it when more planes are available and more people are on. Right now the p40 has no chance against the zero.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2019, 09:24:44 PM »
Just tried it, the throttle does nothing, the flaps do nothing, the p40 has no chance against the zero like this. the zero out turns and appears to stay right with me no matter how i control the throttle or flaps.

This is not news.  Flying the P-40 against any Zeke gives you a grim education as to what American pilots faced in the real war.

- oldman

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2019, 09:35:29 PM »

This is not news.  Flying the P-40 against any Zeke gives you a grim education as to what American pilots faced in the real war.

- oldman

I realize that, but for a game with just two planes right now it is not fun.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2019, 09:47:06 AM »
Had some really good fights with DMDJJ yesterday.... :salute JJ was a blast sorry had to run....

And I just copied all my settings over and messed with it....didn't take me long and I didn't have a dumbed down flight model.....
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2019, 09:50:00 AM »
If the flight model is not dumbed down, there will be the same problem as here.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
You cannot stall so the stall limiter seems to be on regardless of settings. You can pull to black out but not push to red out, other than that I haven't noticed anything different.

Flaps and throttle work normally.

The P-40 vs Zero is an unbalanced fight, an option to fight the same aircraft would be nice outside of the free for all arena, like a duelling mode.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:53:29 AM by FLS »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2019, 12:45:15 PM »
I copied over all my jsm and kmp files from the AH3 settings folder and in controller setup even the scaling was setup properly. You can probably copy all your skin files over for the planes in the Pacific and forgo the back ground down load. I'm verifying that now.

Just saw Hitech in the queue at WOP.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »
Delete the skins.res from the WOP folder and copy over all the skins for the WOP planes.

Wish that place had a testing arena just to auto launch and test your controls until you get them tweaked. Even have some drones flying around to plink at. I don't know what the expectations for players new to our genera will be expecting or, if they even care about being thrown into the fire from the start.

So far all the settings files WOP uses that I copy over work.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.