Author Topic: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.  (Read 37176 times)

Offline DmdJJ

• Copper Member
Re: What to expect from War Online: Pacific.
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »
Had some really good fights with DMDJJ yesterday.... :salute JJ was a blast sorry had to run....
Was fun, sorry I had to turn tail and run so much. Just can't hang with the zeke very long in a turn fight. :salute Flight model is very sluggish in the vertical, even with the stall limiter turned off. Just can't hang on the prop and reverse like it should. 
DmdJJ   
"The Damned"
"Damned if we do, no fun if we don't"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Target Rebaul-----> VMF-214   Fjord Fury RAF----> 315 Squadron

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2019, 02:27:22 PM »

You can pull to black out but not push to red out, other than that I haven't noticed anything different.

Mine reds out just fine.
Was just in there and it was dusk!  Why is the day/night cycle even part of the game?  It should be eternally with the sun at it s highest point IMO.  Also if this is suppose to be a dumbed down version of AH why dont we have full radar?

Dougie

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »

Mine reds out just fine.
Was just in there and it was dusk!  Why is the day/night cycle even part of the game?  It should be eternally with the sun at it s highest point IMO.  Also if this is suppose to be a dumbed down version of AH why dont we have full radar?

Dougie

Iffn you be da  dummd  dow  dud  yu  nut  gunna  be noin  howta  reed  dat  dar  tingy anwayz.

Man it lahk yu do no nuffin.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2019, 09:05:51 PM »
Was fun, sorry I had to turn tail and run so much. Just can't hang with the zeke very long in a turn fight. :salute Flight model is very sluggish in the vertical, even with the stall limiter turned off. Just can't hang on the prop and reverse like it should.

Is killshooter on or off? Maybe free for all allows same aircraft fights.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2019, 12:03:09 AM »
plop

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2019, 02:04:16 AM »
Gay dog ben is watching you :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2019, 02:23:42 AM »
Is killshooter on or off? Maybe free for all allows same aircraft fights.
That would be great, as I see a lot of posts like" What if noone else shows up and am stuck in Quay waiting. With kill shooter at least you could fight it out with a "good guy" when you get bored.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2019, 08:44:29 AM »
I was able to do both Red Out and Black Out's in both the P40-E and the A6m2

There is no stall"s or spins, like what one would normally experience in AH3

Even climbing vertically the P40-E seems to want to just roll over around 79/80 IAS....fighting it for every thing it's worth, I did manage to get down as slow as 48 IAS a few times....it is as if stall limit settings are tweaked
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2019, 09:36:18 AM »

Also if this is suppose to be a dumbed down version of AH why dont we have full radar?

Dougie

I simply forgot to configure the arena that way. It is intended to have full radar, and you should see radar display in the lower right corner of your screen.

HiTech

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2019, 12:01:12 PM »
do you guys not realize they had day and night in WWII pacific as well every where is in the world. this Japanese vs American's the war in the Pacific, your not supposed to be able to fight P40 against P40-Zeke against Zeke, you can do that in AH3 Melee arena.
this new game is supposed to be a different game than AH3. HiTech will still be tweaking it. look how long it took until AH3 to get where it is now, stuff takes time that's why its a beta game right now. chill out and be patient.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2019, 12:04:52 PM »
do you guys not realize they had day and night in WWII pacific as well every where is in the world. this Japanese vs American's the war in the Pacific, your not supposed to be able to fight P40 against P40-Zeke against Zeke, you can do that in AH3 Melee arena.
this new game is supposed to be a different game than AH3. HiTech will still be tweaking it. look how long it took until AH3 to get where it is now, stuff takes time that's why its a beta game right now. chill out and be patient.

You chill out.

People are giving their feedback.  They are suggesting improvements and pointing out potential issues.  That is why you have a Beta.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2019, 12:23:10 PM »
Hey Shuffler chill out..... oh wait... never mind.    :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »
You chill out.

People are giving their feedback.  They are suggesting improvements and pointing out potential issues.  That is why you have a Beta.

EXACTLY!!!  It is BETA right now so pick it apart and tell them why you think so that when it does go live to the public it is presentable. 

Dougie

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2019, 02:34:56 PM »
I have not downloaded it. I already know it is not my cup o tea.

I am just watching all the stress and sparks as folks should be just helping to find issues in the game right now.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »
Does anyone have plans to play today? I'm in game now and just waiting for opponents. I've gotten two flights in so far and it seems like it's what the fighter crowd always wanted. It's quick engagement, it seems pretty intuitive to grasp the flight model, the mouse players will have no problems, War Thunder is nearly all mouse players and its going well in respects to picking up the flying really easy. So maybe there wont be so much of a clubbing baby seal question.