Author Topic: combine tod and combat theatre  (Read 485 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
combine tod and combat theatre
« on: December 21, 2001, 05:55:00 PM »
just an idea. could TOD events take place in the combat theatre? would this be a possibility for the future? i think it might be a neat idea, both the CT and TOD likely draw the same type of aces high player.

also another concern i have of the TOD is individual stat tracking. i think it would be nice if stats were tracked (like the old tod) where you really had 1 life and tried to make it through the whole tour, where if you died you could still play but your stats would then be reset. then at the end the CMs could present each of the "virtual pilot" lives and show their stats and mabye even come up with a medal system or something for a certain number of successfully completed missions or something of the sort. kinda like playing a single player campaign in a flight sim, but with multiplay  :)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 06:59:00 PM »
I realy like the stats part of your idea. That would be great.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
Great idea Zig!

And if the CM team is too busy to work it all out, I've already got a rank and medal system worked out for VMF-323......easily adaptable for TOD.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »
Well, the only problem is that the CT is an open arena, and since it is so hard to get people in there, saying someone couldn't fly there because there was a registered event in progress would be counterproductive to the growth of the arena.  I like the idea of stats, etc., but I think the CT probably isn't the best place for it.

I DO like the idea of throwing some open events in the CT to create interest.