Author Topic: Install error patch 3.04 patch 4  (Read 1467 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Install error patch 3.04 patch 4
« on: January 08, 2019, 03:56:20 PM »
Patch 4 downloads and runs then at the end the following error generates, the game splash screen shows 3.04 patch 4 when the game starts up after that.

Patch failed for following files:
C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\htdlg.res

I uninstalled the WOP beta and reran the patch, no change. Then I renamed the file to remove it to no effect, same error. Now I'm backing up my settings and downloading the full game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Install error patch 3.04 patch 4
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:03:26 PM »
Did you install wop in the AH Folder?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 04:09:13 PM »
Yes I allowed it to run with no interference.

I have the full install downloaded and about to reinstall, it's around the time between full installs, I do this anyway from time to time.

Do you need me to stop and test anything for you? I have only backed up things, uninstalled WOP, and downloaded the full installer at this point.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 04:12:00 PM »
sounds like the server or internet hiccupped ....

my patch update went fine, then I went into the MPA and was checking out the stats browser and  got a lost UDP switching to tps message, then booted

logged back into both AH3  and WP:O   and all seemed fine

Did you install wop in the AH Folder?

I let WO:P  self install to the C:\hitechcreations\ folder

just for clarification
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:14:07 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mactak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 04:51:15 PM »
I have been trying to download the patch with no luck. My Avast rejected it as a threat. Which is weird as it has always been friendly to AH in the past.
McAdoo McAdoo

Offline AKQwik

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »
My installation ended with "Patch Failed For The Following Files:  htdlg.res", but the game loads fine.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 05:15:07 PM »
I trust Hitech to address this but, tonight is squad night so I'm doing a new full install just in case. This is why you back up your game folders and don't miss a beat after the new install.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 05:53:57 PM »
My installation ended with "Patch Failed For The Following Files:  htdlg.res", but the game loads fine.

Same here.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 06:35:01 PM »
Full re-install successful, all backups copied over with no problems. Game runs fine.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline mactak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 07:39:38 PM »
finally got it to take. should be good to go.
McAdoo McAdoo

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 10:58:32 PM »

same here
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 01:19:42 AM »
Same with me. First time for me :uhoh But on a bright note...I am finally in on something  :devil  EDIT: my filmviewer doesnt work now either?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:35:30 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 02:14:19 AM »
Mine said failed but it seemed to launch ok

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 02:20:09 AM »
File failed for me, too. No WOP installed.
A question on 200 showed it failed for many (only 10 online right after reboot for the update with some 3 positive responses. Small sample size, but still).

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 09:19:31 AM »

Had the same message. AVG would not let the patch to run had to turn it off to get the patch to run but ended up with same error.
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~