Author Topic: Staged Mission Editor: Air Starts with Multiple Waypoints Get LOST!  (Read 434 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
This is something that has been bugging me for months.  Through much  :bhead :bhead :bhead I found a way to work around it, but others trying to use the editor for the first time might throw up their hands and see it as hopelessly broken behavior.

See attached sample mission (requires NDIsles).  In the Allied Mission there are 3 routes defined.  From the overhead view, run the mission in the editor and watch how the flights in the 3 routes behave.  You have to zoom in a bit to see their dots, and currently you have to repeatedly click/unclick the "View Updates for things to animate.  :uhoh

1.  In one route there is a single waypoint. It works fine and the flight spawns and moves along the route toward the end point happily.

2.  The one labeled "They get Lost" has mulitple waypoints (same plane type, same alt, same speed).  At the start of the run, notice the line of the first waypoint immediately disappears.  The flight seems to get lost and starts circling aimlessly.  If you move to where the terminus of the first waypoint was, you see the navigation marker moving around in a circle.  WTF.

3.  The route labeled "Sacrificial Waypoint Fix" demonstrates how I've been working around this.  By splitting the first waypoint and creating a segment of only 0.1 sec long, the flight seems to get that out of it's system and immediately head out along the route properly.  (NOTE:  this is also how I've found to avoid the Traitor Bug so they might be related root causes. https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,394950.0.html)

Strangely, if I have a route with multiple waypoints that start with taxi and take-off, I don't seem to have this problem.  However, for non-trivial missions I will need air starts.  Various flights need to be in the air and in various stages of their goals to give the impression of a live universe that was already existing before the player spawns.

:salute,
CptTrips

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:58:10 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Staged Mission Editor: Air Starts with Multiple Waypoints Get LOST!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:27:45 PM »
I'll take a look, I have been in the mission system a lot in the last 2 weeks.

HiTech