Author Topic: Old .AHF films in the AH 3 viewer  (Read 1288 times)

Offline novice

• Copper Member
Old .AHF films in the AH 3 viewer
« on: January 24, 2019, 12:14:59 PM »
Got a hold of old Agent 360 109k videos and lo and behold when played in the viewer sound is good but video is not there or displayed all jumbled up. Is there a workaround or does anyone have an install of AH2 they can share with me?

Any help would be trully appreciated, Novice

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Old .AHF films in the AH 3 viewer
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »
I found AH2322 from 2014 on my hard disk. It's the latest version I have installed before AH3 so I suppose there's no later versions. PM me your e-mail address if you want it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 01:38:11 PM »
PM sent!

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 02:36:59 PM »
Uploading it to my server space for you to download, will take some time.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 04:16:15 PM »
Bizman, does he have to install the complete AH2 game just to watch  older pre-AH3 game films or can he get by, by simply installing the AH2 Film Viewer?

???

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 05:11:38 PM »
Uploading it to my server space for you to download, will take some time.

Thank you brother!

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 05:12:45 PM »
T Chaser I was wondering the same myself, also will AH2 install on win 10 ok?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 06:51:21 PM »
From what Ive read the film viewer uses the game software to work. Thats why you can download a stand alone film viewer.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 12:57:22 AM »
From what Ive read the film viewer uses the game software to work. Thats why you can not download a stand alone film viewer.
My memory says similar so I added a correction.

Basically all 32 bit programs could be run on Windows 10. The oldest ones may require some fiddling with the Compatibility settings but AH2 isn't that old.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 05:55:53 AM »
Careful as the AH2 installer will default the installation path to the AH3 path.  Make sure you change it.

Yes, the film viewer requires the full game installation in order to work.  If you do not have the terrain that was used in the film, then there will be no terrain shown in the film.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
Thank you so muc Biz I am all set.I just tested it and all Agent 360 Bf109 videos are working anyone interested in either the Videos or the AH2 instalation file  can pm me and ill send them a download link!

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 10:24:30 AM »
You're welcome.

Hopefully you managed to read Skuzzy's warning about installing it into another location to prevent mishaps with AH3 before installing AH2.

Kotisivuni

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 12:13:13 PM »
Haha yeah I did the initial test on a laptop, ill make sure I change that path
Having the AH2 viewer opens the doors to ton of old training material that is still relevant.
Much appreciated!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 10:21:26 AM »
I found about 160 from around 2005 - 2008 that I need to go through and see what they are. I guess thats still AH2 that early.

I had some from AH1 that I had on my webspace that charter offered free for its customers. They closed and deleted all the FTP stuff out of the blue so I never had a chance to save them back to the computer before it was too late   :mad:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »
I can feel your pain, Meatwad. My ISP provided some free space along with the contract but when they changed ownership they forgot about them. Luckily I noticed soon enough that the images I had linked here didn't work any longer so I used some hard words about how they maintain their contracts. The result was that first they gave me another free space connected to the other e-mail address I had from them and when I told them that the information on the "real" one was important to me they reactivated that one as well. They're not big, only 500 MB each, but they fit the purpose of putting small images on the forum. So my story had a happier end than yours.

Kotisivuni