Author Topic: Newbie needs help! :-}  (Read 981 times)

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Newbie needs help! :-}
« on: March 09, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
Hi!

I`ve got MapMaker, and worked out how to mess aroudnwith that. I`ve had a little doodle in the AH editor. OK, so far, so good. What I`ve been completely unable to do is get the AH editor to actually load the files from MapMaler so I can actually do anything with them.

After seevral read-throughs of teh docs and a small bit of guesswork, I finally managed to get the editor to "see" the MapMaker files, but for the life of me, I cannot get it to show me them so I can do anything with them! Just keeps coming up with the basic central field on rock with 3 rock spurs off it doodad.

What have I, in extreme newbieness to this kind of thing overlooked, guys?

Also, I`ve been reading this forum for a while, but there rarely seem to be links for terrains to download... -is there any central repository of downloadable terrains (or link to them) one can visit?  Or is it just a case of sifting through here every so often?

Esme

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Newbie needs help! :-}
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2001, 05:01:00 PM »
You need a clipboard map.

A bitmap image of your terrain map can be imported to the clipboard map.  The clipboard map image is comprised of four 256 x 256 x 256 color bmp's.  Each bmp represents a quadrant of the map area that is displayed on the clipboard.  The four files are map0.bmp through map3.bmp and need to be located in the directory that contains your raw terrain files.  Map0.bmp is the upper-left quadrant, map1 is the upper-right, map2 is the lower-left, and map 4 is the lower-right.  The size of the area you wish to display can be set from the Map Size button on the main editor menu.  Templates with grids for various map sizes are shipped with the editor.