Author Topic: Film Viewer FOV and plane switching  (Read 662 times)

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
Film Viewer FOV and plane switching
« on: February 13, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »
I have the latest up-to-date version of AH3 but have had film viewer trouble that I don't see addressed after forum searches...

- Field of View and Zoom slider don’t work.  The sliders basically do nothing, and once they're moved the Z key zoom function stops working.  Also had this issue in the AH2 viewer.

- More recently, when view is switched from my plane to another plane and then switched back to my plane, I “lose” my plane and seem to be placed somewhere else in the arena.  On one occasion it indicated that I was at a distance of 432 yards from my own plane.  I can’t seem to find a way back to my plane; clicking Default View doesn’t help.  I have to stop and restart the film.

Anybody else get these?  I can provide system info if necessary.  Thanks.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Film Viewer FOV and plane switching
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 04:55:07 PM »
Hey Tabasco!!! Welcome back!!!

I have had these same issues on and off as well as the film viewer locking/crashing. Most of the time a shut down of the film viewer and a restart will get me going again.

Again, great to see you back, MARK4 and I (MDJOE) still still hang out in the MA, SIK1 is more of a scenario guy and a trainer as well.

Nice to see old "Mafia" coming back!

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 03:19:02 PM »
Hey Joe, good to see you as well! I am SO rusty. Trying to get more playing time.

I just tried the viewer again and it seems that the plane switching thing isn't an issue anymore. I don't know if the last updates fixed it but it was happening up until recently.

As for the sliders, the 'Distance zoom' works. 'FOV zoom' does not. If the FOV zoom slider is moved then the Z key zoom stops working. I'm used to that and can live with it.

Yeah, sometimes the viewer would crash and my monitor started going black during game play. My vid card has two power inputs so I put each on a separate cable rather than using two on the same cable. That seemed to resolve both issues. 

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 04:14:44 PM »
Im glad you have it to point you can get by with. The film viewer has been a bit buggy for a while. Im thinking it is either pretty low on Hitechs "to do" list, or something that is going to need a complete rebuild. Normally he is very quick at getting to the bottom of issues and fixing them.

Great to see you back. Im usually get on on Saturday nights and fly as Rook. Hope to see you up!  <S>

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »
<S> Tbsco
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member