Author Topic: Help - Vive Pro stopped working in AH3  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Help - Vive Pro stopped working in AH3
« on: February 16, 2019, 08:51:18 AM »
Hi All

My Vive Pro will not go into VR when I open DX11 anymore

I get the prompt to openVR headset which I click Yes but AH3 opens and VR is not enabled in the headset - I get the open space with lines and some little box with a scrolling bar like something is loading but never completes

I have reinstalled Steam and AH3

When i close out AH3 that SteamVR Home thingy opens in the headset so I think it is working correctly.

I have attached a copy of my dxdiag

Thanks for any suggestions

Eagler
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:57:51 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Help - Vive Pro stopped working in AH3
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 12:04:36 PM »
First, I'm not an expert by any means concerning VR so the following tips are more of a general type. No harm trying, though, and only takes a few minutes.

I noticed that you have three active sound devices. The Nvidia HDMI sound is known to cause issues so unless you're really using your monitor speakers disabling that in the Device Manager and uninstalling the driver might help some.

Another useful trick is to press the Shift button while shutting the computer down.  It forces the computer to start from scratch at the next start. That will reset any misaligned settings caused by e.g. the sleep function.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »
Try updating your video driver.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 01:45:22 PM »
Its been a while, and you may have it figured out?....BUT mke sure you didnt somehow disable VR in Aces...or maybe the VR Mirror(not familiar with "OpenVR" may be same as Rift and not nesc. to have it open?).
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 05:56:27 AM »
One thing to be very cautious about with Windows 10.  Unless you have taken steps to prevent video card drivers from being updated, Microsoft will update them and that can cause all manner of problems, especially if you arfe gaming at the time of the update.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »
Is your headset working with just steamvr open?

Just hooked up my vive, all is well with AH and vive.
Also after the openvr updated, it also wanted a blue tooth update.

HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 08:01:49 PM »
Thanks for the tips

I updated the video card & disabled Nvidia HDMI sound but still wont open directly into vr

I start AH3 dx11 and get the prompt to use openVR which I do

SteamVR opens also

It has an error message stating (unresponsive) aceshigh11.exe

I click through the screens and AH opens but not in the headset

I exit out of there and SteamVR Home opens

In there I open aces high and wait until the voice over starts and exit out

Reopen AH3  and VR works correctly

Any ideas on the error message?

thanks
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »
Thanks for the tips

I updated the video card & disabled Nvidia HDMI sound but still wont open directly into vr

I start AH3 dx11 and get the prompt to use openVR which I do

SteamVR opens also

It has an error message stating (unresponsive) aceshigh11.exe

I click through the screens and AH opens but not in the headset

I exit out of there and SteamVR Home opens

In there I open aces high and wait until the voice over starts and exit out

Reopen AH3  and VR works correctly

Any ideas on the error message?

thanks
Eagler
Try just launching steam vr . Then launch AH. If that works correctly. Close SteamVR . Launch AH, if steam VR opens correctly but AH not show. Just close AH and launch AH again. My assumption is that the first launch opening steamvr is not working correctly.

HiTech

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 01:42:00 AM »
I am finding VR ( Vive Pro) very buggy, but irresistibly immersive.

Despite sound issues and other frustrations I use it all the time. Screen view plus Track IR just does not cut it anymore.

Some issues:-

1) Sweet spot... is very hard to calibrate. It is usually in the bottom half of vision, which makes for an uncomfortable posture to get good resolution.
2) Voice....has been unstable. There seem to be two drivers. Selecting "Vive pro multimedia Audio" in speaker options has given me the least worst results.
3) Double vision.... Two guns sights are worse than none. The worst example is the C205. No matter how much I squint or cross my eyes...always two gun sights.
4) Since using the VP VR my joystick has stopped working a few times. May not be related. Re-calibration required.
5) The keyboard is a thing of the past, because I cant see it. A simple "thank you" for a "WTG" is not possible and a bit rude.
6) I cannot figure how to bail successfully without the keyboard. I have mapped "eject" to my joystick but cannot figure how to open the chute without pressing "o".
7) I have figured how to map controllers for GVs. Controller mapping for a bomber is beyond me!

VR is fantastic and I love it. I am going to continue to use it despite the issues. I am sure that with driver updates from HTC and more work from our esteemed hosts at HiTech, it will only get better.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »
Once you jump out of the cockpit you can end flight on the clipboard. I have the clipboard and mouse buttons mapped to my HOTAS. You might also set Enter to open the chute, then press it 4 times, I'm guessing this will work.

You see two gunsights or two reticules because they're properly modeled. Hold a finger in front of your face and focus past it. You see two fingers.

Check your USB port power settings, make sure they're set to always on.

You can take the headset off to type.

Bomber gun positions vary too much to have the same assignments.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 08:56:56 AM by FLS »

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 09:59:12 AM »
Try voice attack. It can help with many control issues. I had a hard time bombing in vr before using it. https://voiceattack.com/

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 03:21:20 PM »
Try voice attack. It can help with many control issues. I had a hard time bombing in vr before using it. https://voiceattack.com/
:aok You can use it free...with 1 profile and something like 25 commands. That is with ZERO updates/techsupport. I use it for a bunch of stuff, from changing salvos,landing gear, bay doors, auto pilot modes ect. You will need to use WINDOWS VOICE to "Train your voice recognition"...but thats simple but well worth it :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 07:15:24 AM »
VR flight experience is amazing but it if HTC and Hitech can't work out the bugs I am out of here.
Having tasted VR nothing else will do, but when HiTech says "press cntr F4" to re-calibrate the headset when you cant see the keyboard, that's when I know they are not thinking, or caring.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 10:13:23 AM »
VR flight experience is amazing but it if HTC and Hitech can't work out the bugs I am out of here.
Having tasted VR nothing else will do, but when HiTech says "press cntr F4" to re-calibrate the headset when you cant see the keyboard, that's when I know they are not thinking, or caring.

The game actually says "push anything you like" and it centers itself. It also has additional options for centering after that.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 02:43:06 PM »
I use same button I used for TIR. Rarely need to recenter during game play. Use Voice Attack for a whole lot of commands. If on country I get "WTG", I hit voice button(for recognition in VA) say"Thanks" Types it in Channel, button: say "Salvo 1,2,3,6" it types it in radio  and sets salvo as per command. Think I use 26 or so command functions with VA. Including for bomber positions...just have to profile desired "key words" and VA will do the rest. Being that the numbers are diffrent for each bomber, it works better to only use 1 or 2 models in game. If I am ever in an "Other" bomber I just look around my nose, not all that hard to see keyboard, well with Rift at least. The vision and blur you get is just nature of the beast, its a bother but VR almost seems natural and I can put up with it. I use RIFT and havent seen many bugs due to sound/Mic functions. Not sure if Vive has same sort of setting, where you can "Mirror" sound to normal headsets AND Rift headset? The RIFT uses external Sensors, not sure about Vive? I also tried ACER VR but it didnt have attached sound and was a bit clunky, so stuck with Rift. I didnt have "CENTER" issues with it and it was some other system used to track head position, not really sure how to describe it. AH has VR integrated to game play A LOT better than DCS. Sure it can be buggy...but it is relatively new tech...so I look past the the most part of them. As too double vision?? Maybe the spacing of lenses? I havent had this occur in some time, just got used to it maybe?