Author Topic: Can I take an existing map and re-edit or add new elements?  (Read 744 times)

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Can I take an existing map and re-edit or add new elements?
« on: September 06, 2001, 01:20:00 AM »
S!

Wondering for example if I could take the current Western Europe map and add the new feature which are coming out in 1.08, as well as delete or add elements which already exist on the map.

Thanks Buzzbait

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2001, 02:35:00 AM »
NO, unless you have ALL the files besides the .res file

NUTTZ

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2001, 03:12:00 PM »
S!

Thankyou for your response.

Good to hear it can be done if you have all the files.  My next question:  Is it possible to get all the files from the creator of the Europe map or HTC?

My reason for this is obviously I`d like to create an updated Europe map with historically placed objects, including the new elements which will be introduced in 1.08, which can be used in the Combat Theater.

Thanks Buzzbait

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2001, 03:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Buzzbait:
S!

Thankyou for your response.

Good to hear it can be done if you have all the files.  My next question:  Is it possible to get all the files from the creator of the Europe map or HTC?

My reason for this is obviously I`d like to create an updated Europe map with historically placed objects, including the new elements which will be introduced in 1.08, which can be used in the Combat Theater.

Thanks Buzzbait

The 2nd version Europe map is already in production, all maps produced by the CM team will be updated as new features and objects are introduced to the game.

If you want a project you might try to talk Vermillion into letting you update the Med terrain if he still has the source files.   ;)

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2001, 01:46:00 AM »
S!

Where would I contact Vermillion?

Second point:  From this I can gather there can be multiple versions of the same map?

Thanks Buzzbait

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2001, 01:55:00 AM »
I don't have his addy anymore, you need to look through the UBB forums and send him a private message.

Yes, there can be multiple versions if HTC gives their blessing to it.