Author Topic: Saying Goodbye  (Read 8752 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Saying Goodbye
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 01:54:39 PM »
Im not the only one that sees the issues. Many others have, and many others have left. I certainly dont want anyone to be unhappy, its none of my doing. That is not my agenda here. Im hoping that if I keep dropping ideas, other will drop their ideas, and maybe something will click at HTC and some changes will be made and the game..... that we all love, could get better and come back to life with numbers increasing and more and more action of all types come back to the MAs and scenarios.

Because we all know, the "status quo" really isnt working any more. Time to make some changes.

I'm sure you probably do not realize it but I know most every time I see you here late you are complaining. Even in game it seems that way.

You were never like that before.  We all know the game is not perfect. We know some things could be changed. We all wish folks would stay and fight. I find good nights far more than bad so I am ok.

No game is perfect. I watched some fortnight videos the other night and it made me scratch my head.... such a silly game. No idea what kids find so fascinating about it. Glad AH is not like that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »
Either a game is relevant and its population grows
Or
A game is no longer relevant and the population decreases.

We should be arguing how to grow and keep players, not squabbling.
(Some of my ideas)
- Make the game minimize into the system tray (so you can idle easier).
- Make smaller, more intense maps that suit the player count.
- Delete all the old accounts/usernames so people can take new ones.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:22:31 PM by AAIK »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2019, 02:17:40 PM »
Good luck to ya Dace.  We had some fun.  Should you return your kite is waiting for ya.  In this case, your DGS II 4th Mustang :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2019, 03:28:48 PM »
No disco/reconnect issues here and I am located in Eastern Europe so very far away. I am also using a very old PC. Film viewer is bad, but you an use a capture card like most people who post game footage about other games. No knowledge about the Alt F4 thing. Toxic environment is often not reported. Funny thing is that what happens in MA sometimes stays in MA. I have met some of the MA loudmouths in events and they are really cool people to wing up and fly with. Totally different to the impression I get in MA. Great team players and tough fighters.

Texture creation errors, been going on for a while. May be map specific so it only shows up now and then.
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396291.0.html

Disco/reconnect issue
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396289.msg5254966.html#msg5254966

Map problem, GV dropping through the terrain
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,395463.msg5245559.html#msg5245559

ALT F4 issue with riftval map
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396282.0.html

I understand that ALL games have bugs and issues, but these have been here for some time and HTC use to be top notch at getting these things fixed and updated. Just another thing we see slipping away, like the numbers and game play.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »
Wanted to say a farewell to all the many people here I have had the pleasure of sharing the virtual skies of Aces High. I have canceled my account.

I have taken extended breaks before that were meant to be just that, breaks. This time, however, I do not see myself returning.

I don't want to spend to much time explaining the reasons that I'm leaving, but I will say that there are many factors involved, a few of which have nothing at all to do with this game. This game is great and always has been. But the main reason is the numbers here and the player base that is left. I believe the golden days of AH are behind us, never to return (do to several factors). The player number base has fallen such that when I log in (especially during my prime time, 8am-12pm EST.), it's pretty much the same group of about 50-60 players. And a certain percentage of  these people are cantankerous old codgers who are not helpful, courteous, or nice in any sense. Moreover, a smaller percentage are downright nasty and will treat you with contempt no matter what you do. I can't imagine being a noob and trying this game nowadays. I'd be out in the first 20 minutes do to the rudeness. And that's just channel 2/country chat. Not to mention 200.

Not even the scenarios appeal to me any longer as I've found that, with the smaller numbers, it is almost impossible for the scenario team to build a balanced, fun event and then have people show up to lead and fly in them.

In short, I can no longer log into AH and have fun in any way and when the frustration/boredom outweigh the fun, it's time to go.

I'll still have a peek in here to see what's going on but as it stands, I will not be re-subbing.

So, goodbye to all the many wonderful friends I have made here. And a huge thanks to HTC for making this thing that has given me so much enjoyment over all these years.

:salute

Dace, it has been a pleasure to call you a friend over all of these years.   But also to shake you hand in Dayton and share a beer.   :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2019, 05:34:15 PM »
You are like a fish, happy in the middle of a shrinking pool of water in the desert, unable to see the edges encroaching and deaf to those already beached on the sands in the European, Japanese and Australasian timezones. The pool will not shrink in a linear way. The party's over and the end is nigh. And now over to Heidi, for the weather...

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The scenarios from the leadership standpoint are FUBAR as just a pilot they look fine outside of that small scope they are on fire and falling.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 07:37:00 PM »
Dace,  I'm sorry to see you go.  I hope sometime in the future you rethink your decision and return.  Good luck with your endeavors and I wish you the best.

:salute     One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2019, 09:53:36 AM »
Ciao baby! curious though as to what comparable combat sim you'll run to. Have fun where ever you fly.
Probably the best suggestion on here. I had slowed my playing the past months and got the final nudge to cancel my sub after forum postings knocked off by a non existent, invisible  forum rule.  WW2 online gets my $15 now and the new experience keeps this 70 yr old reflexes going. If I get the urge to get back into it WOP keeps the urge awake. But like pots says, "have fun".
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2019, 11:33:34 AM »
Seems you're posting poo about AH and the forum just fine, to me.  :old:

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2019, 01:55:06 PM »
Dace good luck!  Was fun flying with you and your Dad. I've been out for almost a year.  Unfortunately I don't miss it.  Gave my controllers to my Grandson.  I've got other things to do.

Game is still great but time and society passes.  I've seen more guys in a Bar fight then in scenarios or the MA for that matter.  Game has passed me by.  Just bored.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2019, 11:00:50 PM »
Sorry to see you go Dace.  It was flying with you and against you all these years.  :salute
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 02:55:59 AM »
Same old nay sayers same old  tired song from same ole people.

Sorry to see you go Dace. I think, unfortunately there will be plenty of people leaving soon. This game is going down hill faster and faster. I find it harder and harder to log in and have ANY fun any more.

You still looking through those rose color glasses Shuff? FSO is down 20% from the same time last year. The guys running them seem to have to do a lot of last minutes adjustments to TRY and make them work.

Numbers keep falling in the MA, bugs in the game (disco/reconnect issues, film viewer, alt F4 to exit riftval map) that arent fixed, no new toys in forever unless you call a dancing pilot that can be captured on film now  :devil On top of that, the toxic environment the arena has. It has gone way beyond the ribbing we use to have. Some of it could be used in a court room for abuse charges, yet nothing is done to stem it, chasing away more and more players.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 02:57:12 AM »
Never had one of those problems.

Texture creation errors, been going on for a while. May be map specific so it only shows up now and then.
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396291.0.html

Disco/reconnect issue
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396289.msg5254966.html#msg5254966

Map problem, GV dropping through the terrain
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,395463.msg5245559.html#msg5245559

ALT F4 issue with riftval map
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396282.0.html

I understand that ALL games have bugs and issues, but these have been here for some time and HTC use to be top notch at getting these things fixed and updated. Just another thing we see slipping away, like the numbers and game play.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 04:12:39 AM »
Same old nay sayers same old  tired song from same ole people.

Same old denialists same old self delusion from same ole lazy baby-boomers who don't want to face the fact that there is no analogous replacement to what Aces High once was, avoid their responsibility for their part in its downfall and self-medicate as their familiar comfort zone shrinks like a deflated balloon and their retirements are about to get even more dull than originally planned. Burn  :)

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 06:38:24 AM »
Welp....this one's headed for the hopper.... :bolt: