Author Topic: WW1 completely different experience in vr  (Read 704 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
WW1 completely different experience in vr
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:55:50 PM »
VR makes the ww1 arena way more fun!

Just had throw it out there:)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: WW1 completely different experience in vr
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 01:10:37 AM »
DUH!  :aok Yes, I was actually surprised by this! Maybe because the fight is "close Quarters" and more fight than fly? This is what the VR experience should be! Its great in any arena, just seems WW1 really shows off its potential! Plus, AH implements VR in a very unique way, than other sims. Match made in heaven,imo :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:32:53 AM »
Just throwin' out another ...

Spanish Civil War!

(Uber Bipes)  :D

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 10:04:53 AM »
The closer ranges mitigate VRs poor resolution at longer ranges which you see in ww2.

Need to update the map with that cool looking ww1 terrain I saw some screenshots of a while back.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 11:31:30 AM »
The closer ranges mitigate VRs poor resolution at longer ranges which you see in ww2.

Need to update the map with that cool looking ww1 terrain I saw some screenshots of a while back.

Yep.  Set up some 4v4 dogfights with the Staged Mission Editor and the experience is amazing.  The side slipping sensation you get in certain maneuvers, slow, low to the ground is a rush.    WWI was made for VR.

:aok
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
Stereoscopic depth perception drops off with things like distance and speed. So the WW1 arena gives your brain a chance to really experience this in VR.