Author Topic: So there are only 5...  (Read 483 times)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
So there are only 5...
« on: September 08, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
...runways to chose from?

Are these the only runways that don't have clutter, ground effect, or ditch problems?

LAIRFLD
LARFLD2
MAIRFLD
MARFLD2
SARFLD2

Man, that is terribly limiting.

Sky Viper
XO No. 54 Squadron

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
So there are only 5...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »
Yup Sky... Amazing how some of these maps look with so little to work with, We push the creative envelope.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Sky Viper:
...runways to chose from?

Are these the only runways that don't have clutter, ground effect, or ditch problems?

LAIRFLD
LARFLD2
MAIRFLD
MARFLD2
SARFLD2

Man, that is terribly limiting.

Sky Viper
XO No. 54 Squadron
  (Image removed from quote.)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
So there are only 5...
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
Heya Sky Viper,
You can actually make your own airfields, but they require some work and currently don't posses the ability to hot re-arm. I have constructed some airfields (I call them forward airfields as they blend into the terrain somewhat and you have to look for them  ;)  ). Anyway, place a Vehicle Field and remove all the objects. Then use the terrain part of it (Which acts like a runway) as the base for the airfield. I have constructed large grass airfields using a couple of those tiles and I have constructed them with small dirt strips (Use the straight taxiway pieces placed on the vh terrain dirt for that). If you would like to check some of them out just e-mail me at sundog@devildogs.com

Good luck with your map making efforts.

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
So there are only 5...
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sundog:
Heya Sky Viper,
You can actually make your own airfields, but they require some work and currently don't posses the ability to hot re-arm. I have constructed some airfields (I call them forward airfields as they blend into the terrain somewhat and you have to look for them   ;)  ). Anyway, place a Vehicle Field and remove all the objects. Then use the terrain part of it (Which acts like a runway) as the base for the airfield. I have constructed large grass airfields using a couple of those tiles and I have constructed them with small dirt strips (Use the straight taxiway pieces placed on the vh terrain dirt for that). If you would like to check some of them out just e-mail me at sundog@devildogs.com

Good luck with your map making efforts.

Thanks Sundog.

I did recognize this possibility and created 1-2 of these myself.
I was just hoping that the other field/runway objects were usable somehow. Would be nice if HTC would add the hot rearm and runway code to the existing objects (at the least).

It sure would be nice to have minimal objects to use in the creation of airfields.

A single "Steel mesh on dirt" runway (such as you would've found in the Pacific in WW2) with no other visible layouts would be very cool.
I mean, how often did they lay asphault/cement runways in WW2?  ;)

At any rate, I have satisfied my current desire by rotating/rearranging the layouts of the current objects.

Mako,
You don't seem to be understanding the image inclusion in your signature.
You can not put the UBB img tag in your signature file under your profile.

Staga is suggesting this:
Create an empty .txt file on your desktop using Notepad.
Put your signature and UBB code in there.
Then, when you post, open that .txt file, select all of the text (signature and UBB code). Hit ctrl+c (copy) then come back to the end of your post and paste it in (ctrl+v) where your signature would be.

Be sure to clear out your signature in your profile or you will end up with 2 signatures on your post. (or just uncheck the "Show Signature box each time you post)

Thanks again,

Viper
"Sept. 11, 2001...a booster shot in the arm of American Patriotism!"