Author Topic: More MAX information  (Read 35534 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: More MAX information
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2019, 04:45:13 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:57:32 PM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »
Zimme said "Sully could have made it to the runway if he had made perfect decisions, but noone does that in an emergency."

Now I know your a complete moron who has never flown an airplane and who did not read the NTSB report of Sully's accident in detail.

Sadly opinions like yours combined with media hype almost guarantees that the truth of what happened here will never come to light.
You are a poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect. Look it up and learn at least something.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2019, 04:48:30 PM »
Ace don’t be an idiot
Never would be. You can downplay it all you want toad. The plane has issues. Life threating issues. Just because it hasn’t happened here doesn’t mean it can’t, god forbid.

Some of you guys have issues with people having opinions on your profession, it’s weird really. It’s not like we are coming for boeings head they just need to fix the issue which they are CLEARLY doing because it’s grounded and being worked on..
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 04:56:41 PM by ACE »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
Zimme said "Sully could have made it to the runway if he had made perfect decisions, but noone does that in an emergency."

Now I know your a complete moron who has never flown an airplane.

You’d be wrong, again.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2019, 05:19:57 PM »

Now I know your a complete moron who has never flown an airplane and who did not read the NTSB report of Sully's accident in detail.

Sadly opinions like yours combined with media hype almost guarantees that the truth of what happened here will never come to light.
You are a poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect. Look it up and learn at least something.

Well said.   At some point feeding these trolls becomes counterproductive.   Let them wallow in their ignorance.   They won’t listen to you any way. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2019, 05:36:14 PM »

1.) that obviously flew  over your head...
Point was that even if the ET crew in theory could have saved the plane if they had made all the right decisions it doesnt seems likely that they could do it in reality because they had too much working against them.
As for Sully: only an idiot would blame him for not saving the plane because he in theory could have. He made the right choose and went for a landing spot he knew he could reach..

And you are also wrong: i have flown an aircraft...

I am also pretty much the only one that have used any kind of sources to support my opinions, but unsurprisingly noone seems to read them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:39:42 PM by Zimme83 »
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2019, 05:42:29 PM »
How long does anyone think it will be before the investigations can determine if it was the MCAS, hardware, or low time pilot inexperience caused these accidents?

As this discussion has run on, and the first report analysis presented here, I think knowing the real problem has a very heavy potential effect on the future of commercial aviation and people carriers. I don't want to see this one swept under the industry carpet becasue the idea our current generation of pilots may not be up to the job is not very palatable. I remember reading reports that the airlines wanted to know starting with that horrible 747 runway crash in the 70's if it will be possible to replace pilots with AI.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2019, 05:42:40 PM »
This thread is rapidly becoming INflamed.  Another one about to bite the dust, Stab Cutout Switches or not.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #308 on: April 05, 2019, 05:47:35 PM »
How long does anyone think it will be before the investigations can determine if it was the MCAS, hardware, or low time pilot inexperience caused these accidents?

My guess would be that the investigators with all the facts already know what caused both Max accidents.  But, for a variety of reasons (saving face being one) are keeping it close hold until.....

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2019, 06:03:14 PM »
Never would be. You can downplay it all you want toad. The plane has issues. Life threating issues. Just because it hasn’t happened here doesn’t mean it can’t, god forbid.

Some of you guys have issues with people having opinions on your profession, it’s weird really. It’s not like we are coming for boeings head they just need to fix the issue which they are CLEARLY doing because it’s grounded and being worked on..

What makes you think you are capable of forming an intelligent opinion on our profession? Because the news said the airplane has issues? They have no experience flying jet transports either.
You have no idea what goes into operating a jet in normal operations let alone emergency situations.
But you have an opinion because the 1st amendment gives you the right to have one? I defend that right.
But for one second can you possibly consider (just consider not necessarily accept) that pilot experience or poor maintenance (I previously pointed out the pitot/static unresolved snags) played a role in this accident?
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2019, 06:12:48 PM »
There is nothing suggesting anything about crew training being an issue at this point so its more part of a broader debate on pilot proficiency. 
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #311 on: April 05, 2019, 06:14:52 PM »
Zimme said "And you are also wrong: i have flown an aircraft... "

I apologise for my error. May I ask what jet transports you have flown?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2019, 06:16:43 PM »
There is nothing suggesting anything about crew training being an issue at this point so its more part of a broader debate on pilot proficiency.

Nothing except the two crashes.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »
Zimme said "And you are also wrong: i have flown an aircraft... "

I apologise for my error. May I ask what jet transports you have flown?

You may ask.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #314 on: April 05, 2019, 06:32:02 PM »
You may ask.

Answer: All of them (in Coach).
”KILLER V”
The Damned