Author Topic: HP Reverb VR Headset.  (Read 589 times)

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
HP Reverb VR Headset.
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »
Just saw this.  Apparently HP has announced a new VR headset, called the Reverb.  The resolution is reported at 2160x2160 px per eye, which is significantly better that older sets like the Rift or Vive.   Field of view is somewhat wider that current sets too, at 114 degrees FOV.  The downside is the price (at $600, but lt's less than a Vive Pro) and the need for a beefier gfx card, like a 1080 series Nvidia card, to push that improved resolution. 

I got this info from this article.

FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: HP Reverb VR Headset.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 03:44:01 PM »
yeah it sounds really nice. Oculus will probably be announcing the Rift S soon, rumoured are higher res (not has high as that HP) and inside out tracking, maybe eye tracking as well.

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
Re: HP Reverb VR Headset.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »
yeah it sounds really nice. Oculus will probably be announcing the Rift S soon, rumoured are higher res (not has high as that HP) and inside out tracking, maybe eye tracking as well.

Yep; press embargo lifted, so here are the pros & cons of the Rift S (see link).   Definitely some cons, but inside out tracking, better lenses and resolution should help.  Big "pro" is practically eliminting the screen-door effect (SDE), with no increase in minimum specs requirement, apparently. 

Read about it here.

Updated: Here is Tested's review:

FWIW,
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:58:54 AM by Wraith_TMS »
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein