Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 37444 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« on: March 23, 2019, 12:35:31 PM »
So tired of diving on a 190D only for it to do 2 evasive and gladly press X and run away. This is the problem with the MA. Too many yak3, 190D press X garbage. Totally lame game play. It would seriously fix most of the MA gripes if these 2 planes were taken down a notch. So tired of chasing them all over the map. If the TA use to be perked, why the heck isnt the 190D, 500 cannons and the best engine with the best dive almost deserves a small perk. Please reduce this planes usage with a small perk.

Thank you.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:01:52 PM »
-1 (Sorta.)

Fly a Dora.  Problem solved. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »
Fly a plane you won't win in. You'll have plenty of fights.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 05:33:16 PM »

:D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 05:56:43 PM »
Fly a plane you won't win in. You'll have plenty of fights.

Guaranteed!  I find that's true, no matter what plane I fly!

- oldman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 08:51:32 PM »
Fly a Hurr 1. They will always run away from that too.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 03:30:20 PM »
-1 (Sorta.)

Fly a Dora.  Problem solved.

You don't really want that. 

Everyone flying in 190Ds is unhealthy for the game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 03:40:31 PM »

I love fighting Dora’s in the 51.   It’s a good matchup. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »

Then perk everything that isn't early war. Give mid war a moderate perk cost and late war a higher perk cost, based on how late and how much of a monster the equipment is. That's better than having the late/mid/early arenas since the population would all be in one MA. Born killers will finally use their perks and likely won't suffer the consequence. Dweebs like me will fly clunkers and either get better or be stuck there.

Now, we just gotta ask ourselves if this change in environment will retain a customer base.  :D

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »
Then perk everything that isn't early war. Give mid war a moderate perk cost and late war a higher perk cost, based on how late and how much of a monster the equipment is. That's better than having the late/mid/early arenas since the population would all be in one MA. Born killers will finally use their perks and likely won't suffer the consequence. Dweebs like me will fly clunkers and either get better or be stuck there.

Now, we just gotta ask ourselves if this change in environment will retain a customer base.  :D

Speed and acceleration are the 2 biggest advantages a plane can have. If a G14 (late war) or a P47M (latewar) can't catch a 190D after a couple of evasives, it's obviously a super plane. What's really the difference between a Temp and a 190D besides the 2 extra Cannon's? Only a few late super late war planes should be perked. Reducing their usage won't be a bad thing.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 03:49:16 PM »
Um, 190D is late war and would likely rate a higher perk cost ..... or am I missing something in your post?

The real concern, regarding your frustration, is whether the supposedly needed cure would kill the patient, however.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
Speed and acceleration are the 2 biggest advantages a plane can have. If a G14 (late war) or a P47M (latewar) can't catch a 190D after a couple of evasives, it's obviously a super plane. What's really the difference between a Temp and a 190D besides the 2 extra Cannon's? Only a few late super late war planes should be perked. Reducing their usage won't be a bad thing.

Biggest advantage would be having the better pilot.

The game needs to be fun for new players. It's not a war, they can leave anytime and they're paying to play. How does perking more planes help them have fun and stick around for a while? A player who's been here for years probably knows there's nothing better but new players often quit before appreciating that.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »
Biggest advantage would be having the better pilot.

The game needs to be fun for new players. It's not a war, they can leave anytime and they're paying to play. How does perking more planes help them have fun and stick around for a while? A player who's been here for years probably knows there's nothing better but new players often quit before appreciating that.

Right on.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »

I think new players would be more frustrated at the fact that they never get into a fight but are constantly BnZ'd by fast planes.  Even if they put the effort in to get good they can never win against a plane that can (and all too often does) just out run them.

I have been here a number of years and that has to be my biggest gripe.  Bear in mind I fly a 51 almost exclusively so should be able to run players down however too many choose to run away as the first option, to the point that the game frustrates me enough to not bother anymore.

I think this is the best game of its genre but there is a general tendency to run first fight second.

I do not know the answer.  Having a game filled with more spit 1's and 109e's might help but IMO all you will see is the same behaviours just 75 moh slower.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 05:33:42 PM »
Half of the plane roster should be perked lightly!

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.