Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 37998 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2019, 05:09:11 PM »
Violater you claim the reason the numbers are decreasing is because of the imbalance of the 190 and the Yak3.... really? Lol

Its part of the reason. The Yak3 especially. During off hours and trying to find people to shoot, only to constantly come across these planes that hit X after they can't beat you even with an advantage. Slow gameplay is the result. People get bored.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2019, 05:37:11 PM »
Hey, don't insult me and I wont insult you. I'm just saying y'all are clearly ignorant and it explains a lot of things as to why gameplay slowed down over the years. Too many dweeb planes for dweeb players. I mean, hey, at least most of the P51Ds only players don't have clue how to really fly it.  :rofl

I don't have a clue how to fly it but I give you all you can handle. 

(Insert your favorite excuse here.)
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2019, 06:09:17 PM »

Its part of the reason. The Yak3 especially. During off hours and trying to find people to shoot, only to constantly come across these planes that hit X after they can't beat you even with an advantage. Slow gameplay is the result. People get bored.

I never had trouble with the Yak3 or the 190D. Never bothered me that players just run away when I beat them shrugged it off and turned towards other people. I think you’ve gone a bit over board here. Both of those planes could use a ENY adjustment even then it’s not going to really matter.

You shouldnt Try and dictate other players gameplay because it doesn’t suit yours. You are really hampering down on the reason the numbers are declining is because of these two planes. I don’t think you could be any more wrong in that statement.

IMO, the reason the numbers are dwindling is because it takes to long to get into action. When you do find a fight the base is already taken.

I respect your opinion on the game as you have put in a lot of time and have gotten pretty decent at flying. But you are really talking about behavior and you just don’t see it when every single person is telling you it lol. We can’t help you there brother. Good luck beating down this wall you’ve made though! 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »

I never had trouble with the Yak3 or the 190D. Never bothered me that players just run away when I beat them shrugged it off and turned towards other people. I think you’ve gone a bit over board here. Both of those planes could use a ENY adjustment even then it’s not going to really matter.

You shouldnt Try and dictate other players gameplay because it doesn’t suit yours. You are really hampering down on the reason the numbers are declining is because of these two planes. I don’t think you could be any more wrong in that statement.

IMO, the reason the numbers are dwindling is because it takes to long to get into action. When you do find a fight the base is already taken.

I respect your opinion on the game as you have put in a lot of time and have gotten pretty decent at flying. But you are really talking about behavior and you just don’t see it when every single person is telling you it lol. We can’t help you there brother. Good luck beating down this wall you’ve made though! 

I guess I just don't understand why there are even perks at all according to all of yours rational.

You said time to action was a problem.. how doesn't that include easy mode runner plane? Is chasing 190Ds  in your G14 really actionable?

My first goal to help gameplay was to shorten base distance. Hitech allowed bustr to try it and it has worked, from my view. This is what you are implying by "taking too long for action".

My second goal was to use the arena message to promote special events. It's was tried last month. Not sure how it worked out. Was actually wondering about that. But I think it helped because players could plan for it easier.

Now we really need an eny adjustment to promote mid war and lower eny planes.  This will bring more action because there will be more fights relative to performance of the planes. Ie, players will have to actually use skill rather than plane performance to succeed.

I don't see how that is a problem... I'm not dictating anyone's fights. They can easily earn perks just like me. I'm just trying to balance the fighter #s by perking top late war planes that have over saturated the area, and showing that perking planes does have an effect on plane usages, or we wouldn't have perks to begin with.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »
I am with Violator on this matter.  It's not that he thinks he is better and want people to play his way. He wants to improve overall gameplay for everyone. And certain planes create a problem that causes stale gameplay. Especially on the off hours. On the off hours CV battle's are generally the most exciting fights you can find. The reason for this is the lower tier planes that are available. These planes characteristics promote engagements. Instead of the hit and run tactics you will find out with the big e fighters.

EAce for exlample is awesome in his TA152, however it's boring as f.. to fight him. I have no other option to chase him because when I turn he will catch me and make a pass and runs away again. This is how you should fly that plane. And it's a problem if the majority of the player base fly's like this. The gameplay becomes stale. Even for EAce if he chooses to fly like this and his six opponents scoot away on the first contact to look for a better engagement.

Perking such planes or lowering eny should be considered. I don't have anything against the play style. From time to time I like to fly like that as well. But it's bad for the overall fun off players. Which angers players and will move away to something else. I do think this is what made a lot of players quit in the past and if we are not careful it will be a reason to leave the game in the future aswell.

DutchVII

Ps: EAce sorry I used you as an example. You where the first to come to mind.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2019, 07:13:15 PM »
We'd all like the game to be fun for everybody. That's why you two guys should stop playing like you do and play differently.  :aok

Sound like fun?

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2019, 07:22:57 PM »
We'd all like the game to be fun for everybody. That's why you two guys should stop playing like you do and play differently.  :aok

Sound like fun?

For me yes, I can easily ruin a county's fun by myself. I just choose to dweeb around and put myself in a bad spot all the time. Besides me likeing the challenge of that I get no pleasure out of greafing other players.

But again we are NOT against anyone flying in a particular flying style. There is just to much of it. I can't imagine you chasing Dora's all day long and not catching them being fun for you.

It's like you don't want to look at something from another perspective and consider there might be some reason to the argument. I promise you I do.

DutchVII

Edit: let me correct that. I don't mean you in particular, I just see to many people here take a certain opinion and present it as fact while arguing with others but are not trying to see where the other player is coming from

Edit2: I don't want to attack you personally, just want to make that clear.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:36:01 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2019, 07:45:27 PM »
What should the FW190D and Yak3 statistics be for the game to not be boring?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2019, 07:54:39 PM »
For me yes, I can easily ruin a county's fun by myself. I just choose to dweeb around and put myself in a bad spot all the time. Besides me likeing the challenge of that I get no pleasure out of greafing other players.

But again we are NOT against anyone flying in a particular flying style. There is just to much of it. I can't imagine you chasing Dora's all day long and not catching them being fun for you.

It's like you don't want to look at something from another perspective and consider there might be some reason to the argument. I promise you I do.

DutchVII

Edit: let me correct that. I don't mean you in particular, I just see to many people here take a certain opinion and present it as fact while arguing with others but are not trying to see where the other player is coming from

Edit2: I don't want to attack you personally, just want to make that clear.

A runner is a runner regardless of plane.  Somehow, Violator seems to think other planes steadily pulling away from him will be an improvement over D9s.  The guys that fly to live don't slow down.  The acceleration just isn't that large of a factor for the guys he's claiming to want to limit.

Also, how does "I'm not against anybody's flying style, I just don't want them to do it." work exactly?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2019, 07:57:06 PM »
What should the FW190D and Yak3 statistics be for the game to not be boring?

A good start for would be to put a 190D at 5eny like a pony or spit 16. The yak3 is not worse than a N1K, make it at least the same. Same with a 109k4 for example. Or a mosquito at 30 eny while a 110 is 15 eny if memory serves right. The eny list is out of wack.

I am of the opinion all planes under 10 should be lightly perked 1-3. and it would be beneficial to everyone. But I don't see that happening since there would be riots.
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2019, 07:58:00 PM »
Also, how does "I'm not against anybody's flying style, I just don't want them to do it." work exactly?

I am amused and delighted.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2019, 08:02:04 PM »
A good start for would be to put a 190D at 5eny like a pony or spit 16. The yak3 is not worse than a N1K, make it at least the same. Same with a 109k4 for example. Or a mosquito at 30 eny while a 110 is 15 eny if memory serves right. The eny list is out of wack.

I am of the opinion all planes under 10 should be lightly perked 1-3. and it would be beneficial to everyone. But I don't see that happening since there would be riots.

Why would there be riots when everybody is benefiting?

Also, I didn't ask what the settings should be, I was asking about the usage and K/D statistics that "prove" there's a problem. What should the stats be for those two planes?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:04:15 PM by FLS »

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2019, 08:11:30 PM »
A runner is a runner regardless of plane.  Somehow, Violator seems to think other planes steadily pulling away from him will be an improvement over D9s.  The guys that fly to live don't slow down.  The acceleration just isn't that large of a factor for the guys he's claiming to want to limit.

Wiley.

Is it the running or the picking and very committing for a flight? I remember very well chasing players in yak3's running away and commingled back at me when I turn away and that happening for 20 minutes long until I ran out of fuel.

I just want more mid tier planes in the arena, or at least a reason for them to become a viable choose for every player. If you go to the ww1 arena you will find massive amounts of good fights when it's populated. It's in the nature of the planes. The earlier the planes are made more they tend to encourage you to actually fight an opponent. (There are exceptions like the p40's)
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2019, 08:19:40 PM »
Is it the running or the picking and very committing for a flight? I remember very well chasing players in yak3's running away and commingled back at me when I turn away and that happening for 20 minutes long until I ran out of fuel.

I just want more mid tier planes in the arena, or at least a reason for them to become a viable choose for every player. If you go to the ww1 arena you will find massive amounts of good fights when it's populated. It's in the nature of the planes. The earlier the planes are made more they tend to encourage you to actually fight an opponent. (There are exceptions like the p40's)

Most people go to the path of least resistance, whatever form that takes.  Most people play the game not to die and get some kills, in that order.  As long as there is something faster than your chosen dogfighting plane, people will take it so they can dictate the fight.

It's what you get when it's a varied sandbox.  People are free to do whatever they can.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2019, 08:22:37 PM »
Why would there be riots when everybody is benefiting?

Also, I didn't ask what the settings should be, I was asking about the usage and K/D statistics that "prove" there's a problem. What should the stats be for those two planes?

Well the first one is easy to answer. Look at the changes at the radar and the gv icons. Oh boy. If you change anything in this game everyone riots.

For the second one I have no exact stats. But from observations in the game you can clearly see people getting frustrated, I known about at least 5 players close to me that the "pick tards" where there main reason to leave the game.
DutchVII / ULDutch