Author Topic: Valve announces its own headset, called Index. Coming in May 2019  (Read 493 times)

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
As an alternative to the recent announcements by HP and Oculus, Valve announced its own branded headset, which they are calling Index 

This headset will be manufactured by Valve, Inc. itself (i.e, not in partnership with another hardware company like it did with the Vive or Oculus is doing with Lenovo on the Rift S).  Little is known about Indedat this time, but the teaser pic that's been going around seems to show MANUALLY adjustable IPD (take that, Oculus).  The front faceplate looks to have camera(s) too, so perhaps inside-out tracking.  This may be a more high-end headset (i.e., enthusiasts like us) rather than for casual gaming consumers who like to be-bop to Beat Saber.

FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Valve announces its own headset, called Index. Coming in May 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 01:46:18 PM »
Interesting.

I have been kicking myself for not getting the Vive Pro initially.  I didn't know how much I would like it.

If this is a significant resolution increase, I might be tempted.

:aok
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.