Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39744 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2019, 04:16:36 PM »
You can’t even make wishes anymore without him locking it down.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2019, 04:18:58 PM »
You can’t even make wishes anymore without him locking it down.

I rule#4'd my-own-self (under the guise of HT*) to make violator feel better.

(Forgive me HT.)  :)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2019, 06:04:40 PM »
As you said, the incentive would only be for people who care about rank. Is that the group who's behavior needs to change?

It is a group where change could be induced without too many side effects. Because everyone can freely choose if the effects apply or not. It doesn't sound like adding an incentive to fly higher-eny planes for score-lovers would actually hurt anyone. Neither anyone ignoring score, nor anyone flying for score (because everyone flying for score has to fulfill the same rules, and as such the playing field is kept level).

There is a group of pilots who BnZ in fast late war planes.

There is a group of pilots who care about score.

What's the overlap? Is it sufficient that incentives for the second group change the behavior of the first group?

There's some overlap, but both have a very low overlap with the large group that actually plays the team objective, and neither flies fast BnZ planes nor cares too much for score.

Would I prefer my opponent to play the objective, too, or would I prefer my opponent to just BnZ? Obviously, the latter. An opponent that works on a different goal is much less of a problem than one who actively works against my goal. But then an opponent that just plays for score (or a sub-part thereof, or landed kills, or similar) has a choice of tools that can be a lot more fine-tuned for the a2a engagement than any choice to play the team objective could ever be.

The objective and the way the game are played are two separate things. Whatever the objective may be, the way it is played is by some kind of fight (excluding resupply, but that's another topic). And those fights come with an imbalance between players playing the team objective and players playing the score objective.

And thus it would make a lot of sense to add some incentive to score to fly lesser planes, just like playing the team objective basically requires specific plane choices for the intended purpose.

To make that really work, the value used for score should be pure a2a capability. ENY today also depends on the ability to carry ordnance. Probably not because its much more an achievement to shoot down a plane that can carry bombs to earn more perk points, but maybe to make sense for the ENY limiter / side balancer (which didn't exist when the ENY values were invented; I think ordnance-carrying ability has always led to lower values).

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »
One issue would be the people flying for score being in slower planes than the people flying to hunt them.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »
Here is a little sample of lame play

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2019, 08:48:22 PM »

You hung yourself vertical, was an easy kill for the enemy. With as slow as you kept that aircraft, what did you want the cons to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2019, 08:56:21 PM »
I hung my self because I was bored and want to look like easy target in order to lure him in to a turn fight. He was better than I thought.

I posted the video to show how boring it can be if there are not enough pilots on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2019, 08:57:56 PM »
 :headscratch:

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »
I hung my self because I was bored and want to look like easy target in order to lure him in to a turn fight. He was better than I thought.

I posted the video to show how boring it can be if there are not enough pilots on.

but you were just orbiting, those dudes would have followed you down if you had chosen to take that route. The guys below you seemed to be in a decent fight.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2019, 09:08:13 PM »
You hung yourself vertical, was an easy kill for the enemy. With as slow as you kept that aircraft, what did you want the cons to do?

Sure he shouldnt have gone vertical for the spit, but I can see his point. HO attempt after HO attempt. Both of the first two guys had the advantage, as well as the spit, and ALL went for the HO. After that the others didnt engage, they ran. Typical game play these days. Boring, frustrating, and more than likely something that will make a player look for a new game to play.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2019, 09:21:48 PM »
I was orbiting? You saw me take of from a field and climb up to the only to be repeadetly slash attacked by 3 diff airplanes.

And no there was no fight down below. Once they did not get me in one pass they would come down strafe the field and extend and only return 3-5 later screamng in at 300 plus.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2019, 09:32:06 PM »
I was orbiting? You saw me take of from a field and climb up to the only to be repeadetly slash attacked by 3 diff airplanes.

And no there was no fight down below. Once they did not get me in one pass they would come down strafe the field and extend and only return 3-5 later screamng in at 300 plus.

Not that I'm anyone's idea of an expert, but from an average player's POV: 

You're flying an EZ plane.  You shouldn't expect anyone to get down and dirty with you, except for the Yak3 (which is a beginner's plane, so you expect that sort of piloting) and the Spit16 (flown by people who should have more pride).  I suspect that from the Spit's POV you were in the middle of your turn, so it wasn't a pure HO.  But even if it were:  The HO discussion has been in progress since AH gave you a chance to pull it off.  That takes us back 20 years (more?).  You either avoid it or you assume that the opponent will be gracious and not take the shot. 

Warning:  If the opponent does NOT take the shot, you could be in some serious trouble, because he/she probably has enough background that you may be faced with a problem.

And congrats to you, Novice, for having the courage to put this out in front of the jackal crowd.

- oldman

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2019, 09:33:33 PM »
If you perk the current top 5 non perked planes people are just going to start complaining about the new top five non perked planes.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2019, 09:38:27 PM »

What's your point?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
Sure he shouldnt have gone vertical for the spit, but I can see his point. HO attempt after HO attempt. Both of the first two guys had the advantage, as well as the spit, and ALL went for the HO. After that the others didnt engage, they ran. Typical game play these days. Boring, frustrating, and more than likely something that will make a player look for a new game to play.

if they ran, there would not have been repeat attempts at the HO.

Perhaps I'm seeing it wrong.