Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39769 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2019, 04:57:42 PM »
They are saying they want their version of a fair(er) fight though.  With all the window dressing taken away, this discussion can be boiled down to "Please make BnZ less effective so I can turnfight with these guys."

Wiley.

Maybe an alt limit of 4000 ft.  :aok

Oh wait.... that is Monday Night Madness.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2019, 04:58:59 PM »
That is the good thing about flying a 38. If you are over the water, get really low and slow... everyone thinks you are a pontoon boat or fishing trawler with the booms out.
Which model comes with a trolling motor? The G?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2019, 05:01:59 PM »
They are saying they want their version of a fair(er) fight though.  With all the window dressing taken away, this discussion can be boiled down to "Please make BnZ less effective so I can turnfight with these guys."

Wiley.

Well maybe it has. But i am still of the opinion it would do the game a favor if the uber planes would be perked, just so we see a little less of them. It doesn't have to disappear, but currently its the most effective way to fly and i don't think its the most fun to be around. Slower planes promote fight but people can still choose to get the uber planes if they choose to but just not 100% of the time. Even with the slower planes you can bnz but its just a little bit less effective. I also would love to see all planes to be used. We have so many but only 5% is really being used. I do think its a shame to exclude that content. People feel being forced to fly the best planes because other wise they feel they stand no chance.

I am no messiah i fly all styles from time to time and all planes but i feel like it would be a refreshing change of pace.

DutchVII
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:04:26 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2019, 05:03:23 PM »
Which model comes with a trolling motor? The G?

All 38s in the 80th and SAPP get the deluxe model SUX 6000 Blender that doubles as a trolling motor, roll inducer, and frozen margarita machine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2019, 05:09:37 PM »
Well maybe it has. But i am still of the opinion it would do the game a favor if the uber planes would be perked, just so we see a little less of them.

And that's the point of contention.  People seem to be presenting that if we just perk problem planes x, y, and z, the tactics will change and it will usher in a renaissance of people learning ACM and turnfighting and love, edibles, and puppies for all.

I think it's way more likely the runners will just move to the next fastest plane and keep doing what they're doing.  It will not change their behavior and if anything because the plane they're now flying is either perked or has less acceleration, they will fly even more conservatively.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »
And that's the point of contention.  People seem to be presenting that if we just perk problem planes x, y, and z, the tactics will change and it will usher in a renaissance of people learning ACM and turnfighting and love, edibles, and puppies for all.

I think it's way more likely the runners will just move to the next fastest plane and keep doing what they're doing.  It will not change their behavior and if anything because the plane they're now flying is either perked or has less acceleration, they will fly even more conservatively.

^^^DING^^^DING^^^DING^^^ This.  :aok :cheers:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2019, 05:15:23 PM »
Slower planes promote fight

There were no fights over Mig Alley?  Those planes were pretty fast.

Is the problem people picking too fast of planes, or people picking too slow of planes?

If people wouldn't pick too slow of plane, they couldn't be out-run and that would promote fights.

So obviously the slow, uber-turny planes need to be perked for the good of the game.

:cool:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »
Converting the MA to a Spanish Civil War arena is he obvious solution. We certainly wouldn't lose players over it.  :old:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2019, 05:23:28 PM »
There were no fights over Mig Alley?  Those planes were pretty fast.

Is the problem people picking too fast of planes, or people picking too slow of planes?

If people wouldn't pick too slow of plane, they couldn't be out-run and that would promote fights.

So obviously the slow, uber-turny planes need to be perked for the good of the game.

:cool:

I cannot fault your logic.  +1!

Wiley.

JG11

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2019, 05:34:29 PM »
LMAO, again for the 100 time I did not blame anyone for me dying . I did not say I got hoed, or picked or anything else
I litteraly said I killed my self out of boredom because no one would make any moves. That is all.

But ppl get bent out of shape because you suggest a mere IDEA of something changing,

Ohh if you were faster, ohh if you were lower, ohh if your bird was not so uber, ohh you if your bird was not so turny and had 4 cannons,ohh you almost got hoed,ohh you got picked. Really, really   BORING

Discussion was not about what I did or did not do, im just assuming all ppl coming up for excuses are ok with the way thing are. So just say, I love it the way it is it is not boring, thats all.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2019, 05:35:23 PM »

Wiley.

Good we are back on topic from us all telling novice he is flying the "wrong" way.  :D

I still disagree. But we will only know who is right if HiTech would be willing to put it up for a test. Which i do find unlikely but crazier things have happened before.

In a more private setting i also have heard ideas for a rolling plane sets troughs the month and every week would unlock the next generation of planes until we get to the last week of the month where the pony's and Dora's rule the skies. A part of this idea was that the late war planes would still be accessible but for a very high perk amount in the early weeks.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2019, 05:42:54 PM »
So you are saying I should run from every plane that turns better than me? Hell no ill turn with whatever and if I get killed because that guy in spit 8 or 5 is good instead of a newb so be it.

No. I've never said that to anybody.

I always say everybody should play the way they want to.

See the huge difference?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2019, 05:49:03 PM »
Good we are back on topic from us all telling novice he is flying the "wrong" way.  :D

I still disagree. But we will only know who is right if HiTech would be willing to put it up for a test. Which i do find unlikely but crazier things have happened before.

I think we got a microcosm of it with the Early and Mid War arenas in the backwhen.  When people were in there, the gameplay didn't deviate much from what we see in the Late War.

In a more private setting i also have heard ideas for a rolling plane sets troughs the month and every week would unlock the next generation of planes until we get to the last week of the month where the pony's and Dora's rule the skies. A part of this idea was that the late war planes would still be accessible but for a very high perk amount in the early weeks.

DutchVII

People trot out the RPS idea every once in a while.  When it was in Warbirds in the backwhen the general consensus seems to be it was resoundingly unpopular.  The pony dweebs would likely leave en masse, for starters.  Like you said the only way we'd know for sure is for HT to run a test.  I'm skeptical he would.

But ppl get bent out of shape because you suggest a mere IDEA of something changing,

Discussion was not about what I did or did not do, im just assuming all ppl coming up for excuses are ok with the way thing are. So just say, I love it the way it is it is not boring, thats all.

No, the point you seem to be missing is that perking a few more planes will do little to nothing to alleviate the core of the problem which is behavior, not equipment.  I think it is highly unlikely to produce the result you desire.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2019, 05:56:29 PM »
I'm skeptical he would.

Wiley.

Yeah me to.

I think we got a microcosm of it with the Early and Mid War arenas in the backwhen.  When people were in there, the gameplay didn't deviate much from what we see in the Late War.

I just remember it not being populated that much, thats after all the colored arena's we had. We still had enough for one arena. The times it was populated my feelings recall having massive fun and seeing less of what we are discussing. I also remember massive missions clashing into each other and that being fun, so i might be bias.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
Discussion was not about what I did or did not do,

It is now.  :D

Seriously, it's just as likely, perhaps more, that the real problem is it took those guys 15 minutes flight to get there at that alt.  They don't want to risk anything that would send them all the way back to the tower again like Sisyphus.

If that's true, would putting them in a slower plane, that takes even longer, make it better or worse?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.