Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39774 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2019, 06:07:45 PM »
Perking a ride will not change the mentality of those flying it.

If this has been going on for as long as some say it has, why do people engage those airframes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2019, 06:23:00 PM »
LMAO, again for the 100 time I did not blame anyone for me dying . I did not say I got hoed, or picked or anything else
I litteraly said I killed my self out of boredom because no one would make any moves. That is all.

But ppl get bent out of shape because you suggest a mere IDEA of something changing,

Ohh if you were faster, ohh if you were lower, ohh if your bird was not so uber, ohh you if your bird was not so turny and had 4 cannons,ohh you almost got hoed,ohh you got picked. Really, really   BORING

Discussion was not about what I did or did not do, im just assuming all ppl coming up for excuses are ok with the way thing are. So just say, I love it the way it is it is not boring, thats all.

It's only the other guys that should be told how to fly. Got it.   :D

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2019, 06:29:06 PM »
I think we got a microcosm of it with the Early and Mid War arenas in the backwhen.  When people were in there, the gameplay didn't deviate much from what we see in the Late War.

People trot out the RPS idea every once in a while.  When it was in Warbirds in the backwhen the general consensus seems to be it was resoundingly unpopular.  The pony dweebs would likely leave en masse, for starters.  Like you said the only way we'd know for sure is for HT to run a test.  I'm skeptical he would.

No, the point you seem to be missing is that perking a few more planes will do little to nothing to alleviate the core of the problem which is behavior, not equipment.  I think it is highly unlikely to produce the result you desire.

Wiley.

Thank you for bringing this back to topic.

It would be worth a try on temp basis,or is the concesus that everyone would throw their arms up and air and quit and thats too much of a risk?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »
It would be worth a try on temp basis

What?  Perking Pony's or a Rolling Planeset?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2019, 06:33:08 PM »

Neither of which will not cost HT paying customers? This is still a business and he can't afford to run it based on a small minority of discontents.  :old:

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »
Id be ok with the perks as they are and even have everyone fly the 5-6 planes we see for the most part now, if they would only FIGHT in them!

The one pass haul bellybutton crap is what gets the D9, pony, and such a bad reputation.

Suggestion, if you make a pass on another plane and fire your guns and extend beyond 2k from the plane you made a run on, then your plane blows up and your in the tower.  :devil

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2019, 06:39:02 PM »

Roling plane set

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2019, 06:41:25 PM »
It's only the other guys that should be told how to fly. Got it.   :D

Again this thread is not about me.

With all due respect Sir you are cotributing absolutely nothing to this discussion so far

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2019, 06:57:34 PM »
Again this thread is not about me.

With all due respect Sir you are cotributing absolutely nothing to this discussion so far

Nonsense. I'm just not contributing any agreement to your failure to transcend self-interest.

The thread is all about how bored you are by "lame" flying.  But it's not about you. It's just about how you feel, and how you don't have an actual argument for changing anything.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2019, 07:02:08 PM »
Roling plane set

Years ago I used to think that might be fun.  It will never happen here though.  I'll bet you a dollar!

Even if it did, it wouldn't change much with regards to this issue.  If we were both in P-40's, if I wanted to make sure I dictated the fight with you, I'd use altitude instead of speed. I'd just have to be a bit more cautious and patient since I wouldn't have speed to get me out of trouble.  You wouldn't like the results any better.  I'd just stay 800 yds out of your reach instead of 3k yds.

;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2019, 07:12:02 PM »
Nonsense. I'm just not contributing any agreement to your failure to transcend self-interest.

The thread is all about how bored you are by "lame" flying.  But it's not about you. It's just about how you feel, and how you don't have an actual argument for changing anything.

Again this is not constructive at all il going to ignore you for time being

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2019, 07:18:16 PM »
Years ago I used to think that might be fun.  It will never happen here though.  I'll bet you a dollar!

Even if it did, it wouldn't change much with regards to this issue.  If we were both in P-40's, if I wanted to make sure I dictated the fight with you, I'd use altitude instead of speed. I'd just have to be a bit more cautious and patient since I wouldn't have speed to get me out of trouble.  You wouldn't like the results any better.  I'd just stay 800 yds out of your reach instead of 3k yds.

;)

Hitech has provided for the rolling plane set crowd. He just won't force it on people.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2019, 07:40:31 PM »
Lol.  Novice is screaming out that the game play is boring him.  He flew badly (I have not warched film) to try to ilicit a fight because he was bored.  What advice does he get?  How to fly dmarter.  He already knows how to do that.

Question.  If he was to fly smarter, fly to live, chase those runners......would solve his boredom?

No.  He just would not die as often but would be just as bored. 

The fact is a lot of current game play is boring.  Boring enough for some of us to not bother anymore. I think that is a problem worth open discussion.  Bring something to the table other than "it's your fault you're bored"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2019, 08:00:41 PM »
You seem to have missed the point.

People get to play the way they want to. If you find that boring then it is your problem.

The plan to nudge other people in a certain direction with perks and ENY will not change how people choose to fly.
It may even make things worse.

Therefor the only practical option is for the OP to change his behavior since you cannot change other people.

Nice of people to try to help him but he's made it clear he's not listening.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »
You seem to have missed the point.

People get to play the way they want to. If you find that boring then it is your problem.

The plan to nudge other people in a certain direction with perks and ENY will not change how people choose to fly.
It may even make things worse.

Therefor the only practical option is for the OP to change his behavior since you cannot change other people.

Nice of people to try to help him but he's made it clear he's not listening.

I did not suggest perks nor ENY.

I do not fully accept your assertion that finding the game boring is my problem.  The intent of a game is to attract and maintain a player base.  If players are getting bored then the potential is that there is a problem with the player,  the game or both.

I am of the opinion that there is a problem with the current game play and it is in the interest of all to resolve it.

My preference would be to explore ways to make a game environment as enjoyable as possible to as many styles of play as possible.

The alternative is I remain bored and leave.  I have not renewed my sub.  It runs out this week.  How many others have done the same thing?