Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39764 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2019, 09:44:39 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 01:34:30 PM by hitech »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2019, 10:31:05 PM »
lol fugitive hitech has done many changes and continues to make changes to the game.  but there's one thing he cannot change is that how we play the game.

guess what you want is for example hitech to stop runners. guess he's supposed to code a bolt of lighting if you move more than 2k away from your opponent.

no more bnz, if you dive into an opponent from more than 1k, you automatically dive into the ground.

missions, if you don't join you are grounded automatically. and if you join and don't follow instructions, mission creator will eject you from the arena.

just play the game you aren't having fun quit.  if you don't know how to have fun ask around.  but if you want people to have fun the way you think it should be, don't ask hitech to hardcode it because we all have different ideas as to how the game should be played.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2019, 12:13:15 AM »
The video shows a classic situation. The player picks a slower plane that turns better and complains that faster planes choose appropriate tactics.

no the statement should be is all we have in the arenas these days are 20 yr vets that fly nothing but the fastest planes that are available. then after lift off they climb as high as possible and enter the fight, not a 1v1 but a gang.  if you watch the film after the yak learns hes being out turned he dives away to the plane that has 2 on him all ready.  all day long planes run from a 1v1.  and I don't mean 190s and typh and 51 (which the skies are full of) I mean spits and yaks and kis and 205s.  that's what novice is getting at with film. not that he hung his self or what he should have done... only whats typical of todays arena and the normal flight. 

I have taken 3 guys 2 brand new and one mostly new in to our squad and all three have left the game with in months of stale boring play.  all stating the same thing.  any 1v1 is pretty a chase after the first turn and then the fight ensues when they are able to extend long enough to be covered by friendlies or ack.  I get the wingman thing but the constant running and hording from every side is out of control in this game.  I had one of the best fights in the game the other day with f1 that I have ever had.  after the fight my arm hurt and I had a grin ear to ear that lasted I know for thirty minutes.  I approached a spit that I had alt on, my first move was to drop to gain speed figuring it was gonna be a chase to his ack.  all the sudden there was a typh and 109 over me.  the spit stayed and turned under me for speed and I rolled out.  the fight lasted (and the stig can contest to this) for 5 mins of wing stalling and pure fight to the end.  unfortunately we got a collide as we passed to close.  but the 109 and the typh never entered the fight staying 4k away and let us duke it out until the winner prevailed.  I had more respect for the 109 and typh in that fight that the spit (no disregard to him) because its not every day some one shows that kind of respect for a fight.  we need fights like that in here the stale old merge and run is boring and tiresome.  I know not every fight can be like that but a few can, even a few a day and at the end did any one really loose the fight?  do you pay $15 a month to run to ack or chase planes to there buddies? would you invite a friend in here to the madness we have in the main arena?  the constant country hording and fight gang bangs?

perk the late monster planes a lil raise the eny a lil it will not hurt the game.  no one will leave because the planes cost fictional perks or maybe when the arenas are saturated the skies are not full of 500 mph planes.  thats one of the issues in the game is the prisoners are running the assylum.  its all 20 year vets playing and no new blood is coming in and staying and why would they?  to get chewed up?  with no new blood and members leaving as fast as they are leaving we are gonna need a 3 base per country map but the same size so you can get the 190d wound up to full speed or those bombers up to 35k. 

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2019, 07:16:41 AM »
Yes, people. If you do not Respect The Fight (tm) you are a Bad Person and are what is wrong with the game. When you see a 1 v 1 you must circle above it either yelling "fight fight fight" over range vox or alternately playing "You're the Best" by Joe Esposito into your mic.  All other activity in the area must grind to a halt for each 1v1 that is about to occur. 1v1s are special and must be prioritized above all else.

MPA is on the left. I really wish all you guys that want 2 player gameplay would use it so you'd be happy and the constant selfish whining would cease.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2019, 09:03:17 AM »
Silly people..... the answer is 3.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2019, 09:44:34 AM »
I can feel a conclusion coming. Maybe page 26
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2019, 10:05:58 AM »
no the statement should be is all we have in the arenas these days are 20 yr vets that fly nothing but the fastest planes that are available. then after lift off they climb as high as possible and enter the fight, not a 1v1 but a gang.  if you watch the film after the yak learns hes being out turned he dives away to the plane that has 2 on him all ready.  all day long planes run from a 1v1.  and I don't mean 190s and typh and 51 (which the skies are full of) I mean spits and yaks and kis and 205s.  that's what novice is getting at with film. not that he hung his self or what he should have done... only whats typical of todays arena and the normal flight. 

I have taken 3 guys 2 brand new and one mostly new in to our squad and all three have left the game with in months of stale boring play.  all stating the same thing.  any 1v1 is pretty a chase after the first turn and then the fight ensues when they are able to extend long enough to be covered by friendlies or ack.  I get the wingman thing but the constant running and hording from every side is out of control in this game.  ...

You state that all three sides mostly play the way you think should change.  So it's a minority wanting changes?

Also you state that you can't expect a 1v1 fight in the MA.  Welcome to the MA. Been like that since dinosaurs walked the map.

And the two new players you shared your game play style with left the game.  Sorry to hear that. I wonder if training would have helped.

See rule #4

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 01:35:35 PM by hitech »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2019, 11:12:39 AM »
You state that all three sides mostly play the way you think should change.  So it's a minority wanting changes?

Also you state that you can't expect a 1v1 fight in the MA.  Welcome to the MA. Been like that since dinosaurs walked the map.

And the two new players you shared your game play style with left the game.  Sorry to hear that. I wonder if training would have helped.

Nonsense.  If the problem is people acting like people what do you expect Hitech to do? Should he take direction from people who think self-interest is sufficient analysis and can't even discuss ideas without insulting people? Consider that in umpteen years of whining there have been very few good ideas. If everybody saw the same problem it wouldn't exist. It's a minority wanting to improve personal performance by limiting other players.

I think Hitech should use coding to steer the game back to a combat game. At his point players have bastardized the game so far away from combat that is silly to use the word combat on the web page.

Until something is done to bring back the combat the game will continue to bore players quickly and they will continue to  leave.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2019, 11:24:20 AM »
I think Hitech should use coding to steer the game back to a combat game. At his point players have bastardized the game so far away from combat that is silly to use the word combat on the web page.

Until something is done to bring back the combat the game will continue to bore players quickly and they will continue to  leave.

If only a few people are doing it it's not a problem.

If most people are doing it it's the community preference.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
FLS you are just resistant to any change I presume?

The Few

-Spek

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2019, 11:54:26 AM »
If I am doing it.... it's a new fad.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
FLS you are just resistant to any change I presume?

Everyone is conservative about what they know best. If you don't know anything then everything seems like a good idea.

I'm not for people running away from fights, it always bugs me. I'm all for people having the choice to run away.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2019, 12:37:07 PM »
Everyone is conservative about what they know best. If you don't know anything then everything seems like a good idea.

I'm not for people running away from fights, it always bugs me. I'm all for people having the choice to run away.

Okay fair enough. In your opinion why do you think we had tons of guys playing in 06-10 and then now we are here.

The Few

-Spek

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2019, 01:02:11 PM »
The big difference is more choices in the market place to suit different people.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2019, 01:06:15 PM »
The big difference is more choices in the market place to suit different people.

Exactly.  They were tolerating the gameplay here until something that was more of a "game" that suited them better came along.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11