Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39743 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2019, 02:44:06 AM »
See the question I asked was  "How many of those bombers and fighters ran away?"

You have failed to answer that question, instead choosing to tell me how much fun you had.  Good for you.  My experience has been that most run rather than fight.

My realisation from our conversations is that in your opinion the issue lies with me.  It is my fault that I do not have fun in the game and I should do something about it.  I choose to vote with my feet and leave the game.  Over the past few years it would appear that 400 regular players have done that as the usual numbers in the arena have dropped from 600 to under 200.

I am ok with leaving the game, it is not fun for me anymore.  I at least tried to make you all aware of why I was not happy.  What amazes me is your inability to even discuss the issue.  Good luck with your squad.  I am out.

so we found the only bombers than didnt bail and fighters that didnt run way.  is that what you want me to say?  so I have been following this thread and most of the guys that say, "everybody" runs, have more kills than the average player.  so If everybody runs, how do they get kills?

but in honestly, I once had this guy dive on me 5 times from high altitude, I was in a spit8, once he lost his e, and it was him and me only, he dove down and ran.  I was laughing my buttt off on all 5 passes, it was funny as hell to me, had he turned with me I would have nailed him really fast, but he didnt.  still I had fun in that fight and it's one of the ones I remember the most.  I had no damage and he went home.  I landed and my hands were shaking from the stress of trying not to get killed.  i think i had a victory in that encounter, but it dont matter, it was fun as hell to me.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2019, 08:06:19 AM »
Since when do you actually speak for 'the hundreds that already left?' And don't try to pretend that you didn't just infer such.

#speakerofthegrouse  :D

You keep deluding yourself.   That’s one thing you’ve always excelled at. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2019, 08:10:25 AM »
You keep deluding yourself.   That’s one thing you’ve always excelled at.

Wait .... you actually do speak for 'the hundreds that already left?' Well, forgive my delusion.  :D

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2019, 10:49:51 AM »
so we found the only bombers than didnt bail and fighters that didnt run way.  is that what you want me to say?  so I have been following this thread and most of the guys that say, "everybody" runs, have more kills than the average player.  so If everybody runs, how do they get kills?...

Good point. My theory is some people feel entitled to kills they couldn't get.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2019, 11:18:24 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:54:32 PM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2019, 12:27:26 PM »
One thing I was a huge fan of is when they made bases closer together. But still they are to far away. Nothing is more counter productive than a climb out with the game minimized for 5 mins.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2019, 12:46:37 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:55:04 PM by hitech »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:55:20 PM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2019, 01:20:16 PM »
See rule #4

Huh. My bad. Please, carry on.  :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:55:44 PM by hitech »

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »
Maps with bases close together are nice, especially if they contain TT and FT

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2019, 04:06:22 PM »
Maps with bases close together are nice, especially if they contain TT and FT

Having base clusters and the overall size of the map are two different things. I've always suspected GV spawn points were designed to make a fight/base capture/capture attempt quicker - on any size map. Aircraft don't have that option in the MA so players advocate for smaller maps thinking larger maps can't facilitate such (not saying that is what you're doing in the above quote).

As previously illustrated in a post, a small group that knows how to play together (if that's what they truly want) can find a way to do so on any size map and in a number of ways.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2019, 04:24:01 PM »
Having base clusters and the overall size of the map are two different things. I've always suspected GV spawn points were designed to make a fight/base capture/capture attempt quicker - on any size map. Aircraft don't have that option in the MA so players advocate for smaller maps thinking larger maps can't facilitate such (not saying that is what you're doing in the above quote).

As previously illustrated in a post, a small group that knows how to play together (if that's what they truly want) can find a way to do so on any size map and in a number of ways.

Al long as they are closer together thats all that matter, big map with a ton of bases would take too long to win probably.

Problem is not all players belong to a numerous squad, I mostly fly solo.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »
Al long as they are closer together thats all that matter, big map with a ton of bases would take too long to win probably.

Problem is not all players belong to a numerous squad, I mostly fly solo.

Squads don't even have to be numerous. Solo players, however, a forced into playing in more limited ways. For instance, Dora high speed smash and runners (not all solo players resort to such but I bet most Dorunners are).

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2019, 04:49:05 PM »
I get what you are saying its just with a small squad you end up flying solo a lot. Big squads seam to have 3-4 guys on at all times

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »
I get what you are saying its just with a small squad you end up flying solo a lot. Big squads seam to have 3-4 guys on at all times

True dat. I haven't met up with a squaddie in the MA in a long while. I take pride in being fiercely loyal to VF-17 for over 20 years but I would jump at the chance of being welcomed to fly with a squad that has a regular (at least weekly) presence in the MA. That's where the activity is between events and FSOs. That's the place to truly hone one's skills (not just ACM but SA, tactics, etc.).

Lately, I've been flying mostly B-17 formation sorties with some F4U-1D attack runs off flattops.