Author Topic: Bumping this topic up  (Read 1275 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Bumping this topic up
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:59:13 PM »
It's been 5 months since I sent the film in about this bug/exploit.  I'm sure you guys have a lot to do, but this is still happening.  And it's been 5 months.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,395151.msg5244009.html#msg5244009

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Bumping this topic up
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 07:05:07 PM »
It's been 5 months since I sent the film in about this bug/exploit.  I'm sure you guys have a lot to do, but this is still happening.  And it's been 5 months.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,395151.msg5244009.html#msg5244009

Last post of that thread says it all. Even when following it up.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 09:15:43 PM »
Last post of that thread says it all. Even when following it up.

But it is not cheating, its a flaw in the coding of the game. Some players use it extensively. Just looking for a fix.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 09:40:54 PM »
But it is not cheating, its a flaw in the coding of the game. Some players use it extensively. Just looking for a fix.

I get that ... but the wrong way (as HT has illustrated).

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 01:39:37 AM »
Jinx, I have shot through lots of trees in my wirb. I have found that you can fire through the Lemon/fruit looking trees all the time. Seems to me that if you can drive through them...you can shoot through them. Also noticed that with reduced "Tree Detail" shots seem to go right through the trees as long as you arent shooting through the bigger Tree Trunks. Leaves dont seem to have an effect (the void from reduced detail). One more thing...It DOES look like the shot exploded on impact with ALL Tree/Shrub foliage but still  carries on to target. You dont see this in real time though, as the same trees block you view of the round/tracers(the void from reduced detail). Pretty much IMHO
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 03:04:03 AM »
Jinx, I have shot through lots of trees in my wirb. I have found that you can fire through the Lemon/fruit looking trees all the time. Seems to me that if you can drive through them...you can shoot through them. Also noticed that with reduced "Tree Detail" shots seem to go right through the trees as long as you arent shooting through the bigger Tree Trunks. Leaves dont seem to have an effect (the void from reduced detail). One more thing...It DOES look like the shot exploded on impact with ALL Tree/Shrub foliage but still  carries on to target. You dont see this in real time though, as the same trees block you view of the round/tracers(the void from reduced detail). Pretty much IMHO

This, plus I think there has always been a problem with what you see versus what the attackers round actually does. I believe the round actually flies a more plunging path, but it always appears more linear, or flatter, to the receiving end. Probably it has to be that way because of the way that sort of data is shared from shooter to victim.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 07:36:00 PM »
Also, in your view of other peoples rounds, the round doesn't stop until it hits the ground.  That includes tree trunks, buildings, even your own tank.  In his view, of course, it stops when it hits tree trunks, buildings, tanks, etc.  You can clearly see this when an enemy tank is taking down your town: the rounds that he is shooting upwards point blank into buildings just continue to fly way out of the town into the distance and don't stop until they hit the ground.

I have to admit that in 8thjinkx Fig. 1 it is really hard to see how that round actually hit him.  I can see how it got there as in 8thjinks view the tracer is just going to continue through the trees and buildings, but on the shooters FE it should not record a hit on 8thjinkx and 8thjinkx should not hear a hit nor receive damage.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 08:11:04 PM »
I can see how it got there as in 8thjinks view the tracer is just going to continue through the trees and buildings, but on the shooters FE it should not record a hit on 8thjinkx and 8thjinkx should not hear a hit nor receive damage.

I think you're missing the point.  How was he able to continuously aim and fire rounds through my turret, as fast as his tank would reload, through all those trees and buildings.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »
I think you're missing the point.  How was he able to continuously aim and fire rounds through my turret, as fast as his tank would reload, through all those trees and buildings.

DING DING DING!!!! Thats the point right there. NOT what it looks like to this guy or that guy, but that there are a number of clumps of trres and BUILDINGs in between. HOW COULD HE AIM!  Lucky I guess.  :rolleyes:

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 11:09:05 PM »
I understand the point: he shouldn't have been able to see you to be able to aim. My point is that independent of that, the round should not have done damage, i.e. it shouldn't have hit you. Maybe I misunderstood you that it didn't hit you?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 01:04:12 PM »
Just did a bunch of testing by dropping a small vbase down in the center of a village. Six tank drones out and I spawned at the edge of the village. The area around tree trunk and branches that won't effect rounds starts about 3-4ft out from a trunk. Those dark green pines in 5 tree clumps, rounds will pass between two trunk and kill a tank if they meet the spacing I determined. I setup shots in some cases where I knew where the tank was, but couldn't see it, becasue I laid out the test area, I knew where to shoot. Tank went boom regardless. The most obvious no go shots were trying to shoot through tree forks of deciduous trees that gave an open window through the clutter. The rounds exploded on the collision mask which covers the window created by the branch forks. If it was the leaves and outer branches of a pine and deciduous group where they intersected my line of sight, the round passed through and killed the tank becasue both edges of the tree groups were outside the 3-4ft area at the trunks. Those low green bushes don't stop anything.

Interesting thing about your last screen capture, I've seen that kind of object intersection window effect where you suddenly have x-ray vision. Most notably using TR and looking up inside the CV bridge. I tried to duplicate it offline using F3 while using my mouse to control my view. Can't get close enough to the end of the barrel outside of doing it in the film viewer for it to matter. As for shooting through buildings, is this a case like trying to film both sides of a collision that from his film his tank may be in a slightly different location than your film will show? Or are only airplanes the only moving objects in the arena that suffer from that issue?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 04:40:22 PM »
I understand the point: he shouldn't have been able to see you to be able to aim. My point is that independent of that, the round should not have done damage, i.e. it shouldn't have hit you. Maybe I misunderstood you that it didn't hit you?

Aiming is "line of sight", the rounds come in at a lob/arc. So in some cases they will fly over a building/group of trees.