Author Topic: New terrain concept  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
New terrain concept
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2001, 07:54:00 PM »
 I checked that out the new screen shots.   Niiice. One comment? The tan is a tad too much of a contrast with the green? Too pink perhaps?  
 The layout with, the facilites designations in place, I printed to be able to look at later when I have more than just a moment. I can already see alot of fun (combat of all types) in that terrain!

Off topic: I checked out the rest of the site. Your Concentric site and the one by AW's Rocketman I have to credit with leading me to 'AW' and WB's several years ago. A belated thanks!    
 Anyway I re-read the '4Q' roster and saw Vermins' name. He's been flying here the last four or five months preety regularly. Haven't seen him this new tour but I thought you might like to know - unless you already did.

-Westy

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
New terrain concept
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2001, 08:16:00 PM »
Nuttz,

With regard to the 'Snow' transistions, why not just place a wide channel between the 'frozen north' and the warmer eastern continent? It was due to the 'limited' snow transitions that I had the frozen continent separate. Just an idea. It's looking good so far!

SD

Offline RAS

• Copper Member
      • http://flyingaces.bizland.com/54sq/main.htm
New terrain concept
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2001, 09:41:00 PM »
Good to hear you are gonna get in on Hostile Shores (Viper,BAC, and I are flying for the Allies....you ?).  

Rash, eh ??  Will look for ya online.

Thanks for keeping your hands in the Terrain issue Dave....would really like to see one of YOURS end up in the MA soon <S>.

RAS

Offline DoKtor GonZo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com/DoK/
New terrain concept
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2001, 12:12:00 AM »
You sure its the same Vermin? I know he told me he was going to check out AH, but I wasn't sure he stuck around.

The in-flight shots are just default-textured. Seriously ... NUTTZ sent me that within hours of saying he'd work on this. There's a lot of work we need to do to smooth out contours, look at texture popping here and there, and lay out all the objects.

One thing that doesn't come across in the screen shots is just how big some of the terrain features are. Compared to the subtle elevation changes we now have, this setup will be quite a shock. What's also cool (after tooling around a little) is that each field, and field-to-field attack lane, will be a little different.

-DoK

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
New terrain concept
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »
 Yes DoK, same guy. I asked him. Also he would exchange comments with the old vets online at times that left no doubt.  He'd been here on the web boards in the beta for a bit (do a ubb search by Vermin and you'll see a few posts) and he flew some of the beta before disappearing till this last fall.
 I like all the folks online, but it's an extra treat to see folks online who are either legendary word-warriors and/or damn good sticks. Even Mullah posted in a.g.a-w the other day. That's a step in the right direction  

Nuttz does fast, excellent work and he constantly improves what he does. Not to say he's never satisfied but he's a tough customer - to himself too    

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 03-27-2001).]

Offline DoKtor GonZo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com/DoK/
New terrain concept
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
Mullah!? I saw a plane with the callsign 21122112 out there the other night and wondered if that was him.

Lordy.

-DoK