Author Topic: VR disabled, cannot enable.  (Read 542 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
VR disabled, cannot enable.
« on: April 16, 2019, 01:50:58 PM »
This is a extension of this thread:
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396794.0.html

When I log into the game, the clipboard and tower move with my head...  I.E. if Im looking directly at the clipboard and turn my head right... the clipboard moves right..  up down same thing.

In the cockpit if I move forward,back left or right the entire cockpit moves with me as though 6DOF isnt working, yet its working in oculus home and every other game and app.

in the VR settings NOTHING is checked as disabled.   but if I DO check "disable VR"  it makes no difference, which makes me think its disabled regardless of the setting I choose.

I've tried:

reinstalling the game multiple times (and manually deleting any remaining files)

Reinstalling oculus software.

Reinstalling graphics card drivers.

I cannot reproduce this problem any other app or game. and I used to play AH with the oculus just fine.

hardware:
Ryzen 2700X
RTX 2070
win10
Rift CV1

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Re: VR disabled, cannot enable.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:03:53 PM »
https://imgur.com/B6CbF7N

This is what the main menu looks like
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 04:05:29 PM by Wingnutt »

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »
sorry,  here is the screenshot

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 09:44:12 PM »
FIXED!!!

This issue was related my thrustmaster TWCS throttle.

The default bindings that AH has for that throttle maps a view function to DIAL0 that conflicts with the rift.   They are the default bindings that automatically get assigned so thats why reinstalling the game didnt fix it.

I unmapped that function and all is working normally

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:13:59 PM »
 :aok  saw this post yesterday and checked some things. I had this happen back when first got into RiftVR. Its a bit different now though. CTRL+F5 still pauses "TRACKER" stops head tracking in Rift, head position and screen is locked to last view. Was only time I saw this and usually CTRL+F1 turned TRACKER back on, unless it was mapped to something else. Glad you got it working it can get frustrating when you dont have a place to start looking. :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain