Author Topic: WWI: Western Front  (Read 5986 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: WWI: Western Front
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2019, 05:23:38 PM »
This sounds interesting!   Now I cant wait until I can come back and give this a try.

Lucky for me it will be a while so I hope most of the bugs are worked out and I can just play....ya I'm selfish like that... :rofl :rofl :rofl

Hope to see you all soon in the unfriendly skies!

:salute

We're looking forward to seeing you back! 

We'll save you a spot.  It's tail-end charlie, but....  ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2019, 06:29:29 PM »
warm up a Dvii for me!

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2019, 03:12:42 PM »
 Love WW1 glad to see someone is doing something with it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2019, 04:50:55 PM »
Love WW1 glad to see someone is doing something with it.

If you haven't had a chance, give it a try and let me know how I can improve it.   :salute

People are funny.  Had a well known, high ranked player pop in Fri night.  Within 15 sec announced on cross-country channel that he was very, very disappointed, and expected better out of a WWI arena.  If he wanted to waste time flying against AI, he would buy Rise of Flight with better graphics.  He stomped off, slamming the door behind him.   :rofl

I doubt he could have actually had time to roll a plane and try it.  And he didn't stay long enough for me to explain there are 4 closely spaced fields, separated from AI and AAA activity for Player v. Player furballs. I've never seen more that 4 fields used in the existing WWI arena, but if more were needed, I'll add them.  He gave no suggestions, just gave us all the finger and left.

:O OK.   Thanks for stopping by. :rolleyes:

I wasn't pissed.  Me and some other guys were having too much fun winging and coop'ing against the higher level AI.  Men vs. Machines: Judgement Day!   :D

I was confused.  I'm not sure what he would like me to do for him.  I can't wave a magic wand and populate the arena with 200 humans.  If I could, I would.  I don't see the current WWI arena populated with 200 players, but he always still has that one he can go fly in.  I'm about adding options; I'm not trying to take any away.  :confused:

Oh well.  We went back to having fun.  :aok

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2019, 11:21:47 PM »
Rank means nothing at all.

WWI arena is fun. I have been in there several times. Once I was the only one and enjoyed that too. I find the setup very interesting.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »
I was confused.  I'm not sure what he would like me to do for him. 

There are many people in the world who just enjoy being miserable.  No way to explain it, but it's unquestionably true.  This may have been one of them.

Don't worry about it.  You've done a remarkable thing here.  Keep it going.

And thanks.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2019, 12:47:14 PM »

There are many people in the world who just enjoy being miserable.  No way to explain it, but it's unquestionably true.  This may have been one of them.

Don't worry about it.  You've done a remarkable thing here.  Keep it going.

And thanks.

- oldman

This!   :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
There seems to be a survival of the fittest going on with the AI, you can find the odd foo fighter level AI near A1, guessing they fought their way up lol

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2019, 10:12:29 AM »
There seems to be a survival of the fittest going on with the AI, you can find the odd foo fighter level AI near A1, guessing they fought their way up lol

That's weird.  I assume you just didn't run in to a Human?  They can be kinda slippery sometimes.  ;)

I supposed  it's technically possible.  The zones do overlap. A high level AI could chase something North, kill it, then chase something else North, etc.

It's like Velociraptors escaping their paddock. I hope they don't become SkyNet.  :noid

Offline rtdash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2019, 11:47:29 AM »
I have visited this arena twice and it is awesome.  Keep up the excellent work Cpt Trips. 

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2019, 12:07:54 PM »
I have visited this arena twice and it is awesome.  Keep up the excellent work Cpt Trips.

Thanks!  See you in there sometime.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2019, 01:02:07 PM »
Now all it needs is the planeset from RB3D.  :D :bolt:

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »
Now all it needs is the planeset from RB3D.  :D :bolt:

Wiley.

Talk Hitech into it and I'll do wondrous things with it.  ;)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2019, 01:27:36 PM »
now all you need is a bunch more people.
a bunch more people to play the whole dang thing.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2019, 04:44:35 PM »
That's weird.  I assume you just didn't run in to a Human?  They can be kinda slippery sometimes.  ;)

I supposed  it's technically possible.  The zones do overlap. A high level AI could chase something North, kill it, then chase something else North, etc.

It's like Velociraptors escaping their paddock. I hope they don't become SkyNet.  :noid

Nah a brace of AI D7s, I managed a lucky shot on one who seemed slightly slower and the other one rammed me while i stalled out  :banana: