Author Topic: Another 737 down  (Read 33475 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another 737 down
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2019, 07:59:58 PM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2019, 08:36:59 PM »
Not to steal the thread but we had a crash here yesterday

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/225154
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2019, 08:48:13 PM »
Not to steal the thread but we had a crash here yesterday

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/225154

Whistling Debt. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2019, 09:10:12 PM »
Only ADS-B data around here showed another aircraft of the exact same type from the same airport but different serial number and registration. Dont believe it was the one crashed unless the data on flightaware/flightradar is incorrect. I have ADS-B equipment here since I am a hosting site for flightradar24 and a raspberry pi for flightaware but would have to sit and see if there is a log that can be pulled directly from the unit itself
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2019, 11:25:03 PM »
Yes, you are hilarious. Don't like turnabout, eh Mr. Forum Moderator?

He continues to make himself look more silly with every post. I seriously believe he is just trolling. I can't see someone even half way functional being that clueless.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2019, 11:28:53 PM »
let it go  :cheers:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2019, 07:38:40 AM »
He continues to make himself look more silly with every post. I seriously believe he is just trolling. I can't see someone even half way functional being that clueless.

It’s intentional trolling.    One can only attain such density through intent—or bouncing off a wall with one’s head two dozen times.   Block him and move on.    Best method. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2019, 08:05:22 AM »
Ace isn't trolling, this is just what happens when people aren't polite and respectful.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2019, 09:53:41 AM »
Ace isn't trolling, this is just what happens when people aren't polite and respectful.

It's still trolling.   The passive/aggressive intentional baiting with him is quite obvious.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2019, 04:37:05 PM »
No buddy. You got it backwards again. You wanted to jump his post but looked like a fool because he hasn’t been online. :rofl.

I think I have it quite right, thanks awfully.

He was purely speculating or else he has incredible powers that allow him to read the memory of an aviator half a world away whose identity has not yet been released. Speculating is the polite word for it

You'll soon have reason to :rofl again, Mr. Forum Moderator.

I'll be bumping that yet again so it doesn't get buried in the back pages.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »
In the meantime....can you believe the incredibly poor design of the Sukoi Superjet 100?

Amazing the world-wide aviation authorities haven't grounded that fleet yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7035773/Horrifying-new-video-catastrophic-Russian-plane-crash-shows-jet-bouncing-runway.html
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2019, 06:44:10 PM »
In the meantime....can you believe the incredibly poor design of the Sukoi Superjet 100?

Amazing the world-wide aviation authorities haven't grounded that fleet yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7035773/Horrifying-new-video-catastrophic-Russian-plane-crash-shows-jet-bouncing-runway.html

It's all politics Toad. Remember Air France 447?
The A330 was introduced in 1994. Over the next many years (approx. 15) that s***box (apologies to any pros who like flying airbus) went through numerous pitot head design replacements; one of which was mandated by an AWD (the rest just recommendations). Prior to the accident, Air France alone had 9 Air Safety Reports of airspeed anomalies. For the non-professionals, the autopilot will not remain engaged when the 2 airdata computers disagree.
Air France apparently did not think their pilots would have an issue maintaining stable flight during a temporary airspeed loss and NO aviation authority considered grounding the 330.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »
The A330 was introduced in 1994. Over the next many years (approx. 15) that s***box (apologies to any pros who like flying airbus) went through numerous pitot head design replacements; one of which was mandated by an AWD (the rest just recommendations). Prior to the accident, Air France alone had 9 Air Safety Reports of airspeed anomalies. For the non-professionals, the autopilot will not remain engaged when the 2 airdata computers disagree.
Air France apparently did not think their pilots would have an issue maintaining stable flight during a temporary airspeed loss and NO aviation authority considered grounding the 330.

This why my French pilot friends call that airline Air Chance. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2019, 10:42:30 AM »

Indeed I do. I use that one as an example in ground school fairly often. One of my fellow instructors is a current A320 pilot and will defend Airbus to the bitter end. He has a really difficult time defending AB when you bring up AF447.

It goes far beyond the history of problems with the Thales probes. The very basics of the cockpit design and automation are part of the problem.

Not to mention the pilot training/proficiency aspect of AF447 which is clearly also at the heart of the two MAX crashes.

As you point out though, Airbus has thick layers of political protection so other than mandating a probe change the rest of the problems were ignored.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2019, 05:52:24 PM »
Indeed I do. I use that one as an example in ground school fairly often. One of my fellow instructors is a current A320 pilot and will defend Airbus to the bitter end. He has a really difficult time defending AB when you bring up AF447.

It goes far beyond the history of problems with the Thales probes. The very basics of the cockpit design and automation are part of the problem.

Not to mention the pilot training/proficiency aspect of AF447 which is clearly also at the heart of the two MAX crashes.

As you point out though, Airbus has thick layers of political protection so other than mandating a probe change the rest of the problems were ignored.

I didn't realize until now that you were still active in the industry as an instructor. Gives me faith that young pilots are still getting the benefit of your years of experience. Hopefully they pick your brain for every bit of knowledge they can get. No one will ever convince me that flying airplanes is not an apprenticeship.

How your friend defends Airbus is very confusing - I can't think of a single thing to defend them. Never endorsed on one but I have flown the simulator - I didn't like it.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.