Author Topic: Why bother?  (Read 26463 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Why bother?
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2019, 08:45:04 PM »
coding can do anything, you just have to write it.

Got a new tag line for you Hitech.   :aok

But you spelled coad wrong.  :rofl
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2019, 09:23:13 PM »
Twist it any way you want, how does the game know "Fugitive" shot down "Semp"?  Its all in the code.

If two planes pass under 300 ft and do not shoot, no engagement, no penalty.

Again, coding can do anything, you just have to write it.

I would so milk your idea.  fly within 300 feet of an enemy fire a couple of shots, go to the next fire a couple more, I would land like hundreds of perks without actually killing anybody.

but seriously those who run, dont go within 300 feet it's more like 2k.  anything can be coded, but the point is, would all the coding and wasted time be really worth it?  think you need to think a bit more on your idea.  I bet I can come up with a way to go around the coding while running.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2019, 09:43:38 PM »
Hello Fellas,

Wanted to jump in and say Hi, read through the post tonight, some good stuff, since I have not played in a while thought I would comment on why I loved playing and what kept me coming back:

Check DAR first, find the biggest fur ball, then port into the nearest base, my favorite nights were finding out where a squad like say Muppets were working, then up from the opposing base, if you loved the furballs then you knew there would be several players you could count on to give you a great fight, no worries about HOs, merging multiple time without a HO was to be expected, seriously! - guys would even pair off to fight, their perspective squad mates would let the two go at it, usually no interference, those were great nights to me and happened over and over again, so Yes I feel for you Fugi, if you cannot get any of that now days I would be unhappy.

I am glad the game is still up and you guys are still here, I may never come back but it nice to have the option. 

Cheers,

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2019, 03:55:40 AM »
BOWLMA really doing a great job of sucking right now... too big.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2019, 09:40:13 AM »
I would so milk your idea.  fly within 300 feet of an enemy fire a couple of shots, go to the next fire a couple more, I would land like hundreds of perks without actually killing anybody.

but seriously those who run, dont go within 300 feet it's more like 2k.  anything can be coded, but the point is, would all the coding and wasted time be really worth it?  think you need to think a bit more on your idea.  I bet I can come up with a way to go around the coding while running.

semp

LOL!!! first I dont think you get perks unless you get a kill or assist, but the point of this coding is to make engaging more profitable whether it be for score, perks, or any other incentive. If you want to be run wuss, go for it, nobody is forcing you to not to be one. With the coding you get something extra for being/running missions, for working together as a squad, for taking bases as a group, for hitting strats as a group, for engaging in tanks and making it out to land them and so on.

Gamers today thrive on perks, points, achievements, "stars" and so on. Create rewards for not running, not HOing, for not ganging and more and more players will work toward winning them. Will it stop running and HOing and such, hell no. There will always be players that would "fly within 300 feet of an enemy fire a couple of shots, go to the next fire a couple more, I would land like hundreds of perks without actually killing anybody."  :rolleyes: but many more would work to avoid that behavior much like the HQ porkin and the endless NOEs. You can still do both, but it really isnt worth it any more.

More importantly is fixing the game so a new player can come in and be flying with a mouse or gamepad in 10 minutes.

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2019, 03:23:21 PM »
 :airplane: Okay Just found this thread , first off I was the 152 and Fugitive's story doesn't jive with what happened. I was at 20K 400mph in the 152 which is the typical 20-22K cruising altitude for the 152, after all it is a high alt. bomber interceptor and not a dog fighter, I dropped in to make some 550+ mph passes at the 190 and P47 after the third pass I buzzed the tail off of Fugitive's 190 my approach was down from the top from at least 20 degrees in a large radius high "G" turn firing blind  which explains the loss of his tail after all it only takes one 30MM hit to do exactly what happened , we were never head-on.
  I am amazed that an honest merge kill caused so much whining I think he was disappointed that I didn't get slow and fall prey to him and his P47 buddy but that's just not the way to survive in a 152, I cant believe that this whole thread was established on that incident , Fugitive I would suggest you do like most adults in this game and when you get swatted out of the sky just learn something grab another beer go find the tail you lost and re-up. Honestly whining is just a major weakness. :ahand

PropNut

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2019, 03:44:16 PM »
propnut wait, fugitive is trying to fix the game.  he's on a roll, don't get him distracted.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
:airplane: Okay Just found this thread , first off I was the 152 and Fugitive's story doesn't jive with what happened. I was at 20K 400mph in the 152 which is the typical 20-22K cruising altitude for the 152, after all it is a high alt. bomber interceptor and not a dog fighter, I dropped in to make some 550+ mph passes at the 190 and P47 after the third pass I buzzed the tail off of Fugitive's 190 my approach was down from the top from at least 20 degrees in a large radius high "G" turn firing blind  which explains the loss of his tail after all it only takes one 30MM hit to do exactly what happened , we were never head-on.
  I am amazed that an honest merge kill caused so much whining I think he was disappointed that I didn't get slow and fall prey to him and his P47 buddy but that's just not the way to survive in a 152, I cant believe that this whole thread was established on that incident , Fugitive I would suggest you do like most adults in this game and when you get swatted out of the sky just learn something grab another beer go find the tail you lost and re-up. Honestly whining is just a major weakness. :ahand

PropNut

.....and had I just pulled up a bit we could have been dead on HO and thrown cannons at each other for another "joust". Thats the point, I kept avoiding your HO attempts. The OP is still true, 2 ponies ran and you spent a number of runs trying to HO. Please note I also didnt mention any names as this isnt anything to do with "calling out tards" The point is the game has degenerated into nothing but runners, pickers, and HOers.

Id love to see the action put back into the game. Heck Id be happy if they could double the numbers on the weekends even if everyone still flew like crap.

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2019, 06:18:54 PM »
It wasn't a HO it was a top shot , I know your smarter than to HO a 152 even in an A8.  It was a merge shot that anyone would have taken , sorry I disagree with your analysis.
PropNut

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2019, 08:17:44 AM »
It takes two to "HO".

The original air combat doctrine manual states it.

6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to evade his onslaught, but fly to meet it.

If you fly at an opponent, don't get mad because he turns into your attacks.   
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:19:17 AM by icepac »

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2019, 12:31:45 PM »
Is there anyone here who can recommend a good book?
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2019, 12:35:09 PM »

The Les Rois maudits (The Accursed Kings) series by Maurice Druon  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »
The Les Rois maudits (The Accursed Kings) series by Maurice Druon  :old:

Pffffft.

The Stand by Stephen King.   :aok

All time favorite.  Followed by

Dune
The Killer Angels
Rendezvous with Rama

Oh, unless possibly if he meant this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Combat-Maneuvering-Robert-Shaw/dp/0870210599

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 01:51:10 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »

Fly guy that you?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »

Pffffft.

The Stand by Stephen King.   :aok

All time favorite.  Followed by

Dune
The Killer Angels
Rendezvous with Rama

Oh, unless possibly if he meant this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Combat-Maneuvering-Robert-Shaw/dp/0870210599
:rock The Killer Angels, otherwise known as, GETTYSBURG in Cellulose/DVD formats. I wish that they would have been able to finish the whole series of Movies. Took some time I guess, and actors moved on. Along with lack of desire to watch historical "Big Screen Movies". To me, BEST there is. Didnt seem to be done as Propaganda and both sides of the ordeal were covered and explained. Most that I "MAKE" watch those 2 films, come away with a whole different attitude towards the subject. :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain