Author Topic: Damaged tank despawns in open combat without kill given  (Read 2457 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Damaged tank despawns in open combat without kill given
« on: May 21, 2019, 06:08:38 PM »
Video posted, I win a shootout with a tank chasing me.  He's well away from any concrete and is within combat range to not have a green end sortie.  But he despawns and respawns somewhere else right after taking damage.

Also, there were no other players in the area that could have damaged him before my shot, we were both engaged from start of life to finish alone.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Damaged tank despawns in open combat without kill given
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:55:28 PM »
Maybe a disco/reconnect?    Did you tower less than 5 minutes after he disappeared?

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:52:34 AM »
Maybe a disco/reconnect?    Did you tower less than 5 minutes after he disappeared?

Im finding out that it is a common strategy of these guys to pull the plug to avoid death.  I didnt tower within 5 minutes unless you count when he spawned at a different spawn to finish me off.
He originally spawned at the base and chased me off.  After I popped his turret he changed bases to move to a forward spawn thag was now closer to me.  He did kill me 2 minutes or so after he pulled the plug on the first tank.
I thought that pulling the plug with enemies neaby gave a proxy and that you only got 5 minutes if no one was nearby?
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 12:26:52 PM »
With GV's when you disco, your tank dosen't sit there as an AI waiting for you to log back in like your airplane will keep flying on it's path for several minutes?

You gents can test this in the MA. One of you has to pull your physical connection manually while you are in your plane or GV with the other next to you to witness the results. Use an uncapturable field in the back end of your country away from any cons.

Have either of you pulled your connection to test your hypothesis? But then that might make Monster0 #1 for a few days.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »
With GV's when you disco, your tank dosen't sit there as an AI waiting for you to log back in like your airplane will keep flying on it's path for several minutes?

You gents can test this in the MA. One of you has to pull your physical connection manually while you are in your plane or GV with the other next to you to witness the results. Use an uncapturable field in the back end of your country away from any cons.

Have either of you pulled your connection to test your hypothesis? But then that might make Monster0 #1 for a few days.....

No, your tank doesnt sit there.  As seen in the video you can spawn a new tank and your old sortie appears to just disappear.
I have no desire to do any testing, just posting video of what I've seen.  The corrective action should be any disco around an enemy is an instant death.  I thought we had that for a few months, but I heard that was being abused somehow.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 12:08:44 AM »
Send it to HT. He will hammer this posted in forums. It takes him some time to get back to you, but he does look into it.  :uhoh Same guy even :uhoh
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:53:26 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 07:59:03 AM »
Send it to HT. He will hammer this posted in forums. It takes him some time to get back to you, but he does look into it.  :uhoh Same guy even :uhoh

Its not a cheat accusation,  im assuming ifs a bug that lets people ditch while damaged and red end sortie.  Im not so sure its pulling the plug as he respawned in a few seconds after towering.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 12:53:37 PM »
The film will have debug info for your PC local state but not his since the tank you are shooting in your film is a drone being controlled from his PC over the internet. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 01:25:44 PM »
Now I'm confused. In external mode sitting in front of your T34 and you moving towards Dr7, when you shoot, your round goes out the rear of your tank into the trees behind you. Then at about 13-18 sec in, I watch you being shot from behind. I sat in Dr7's M18 and you destroyed his main gun. As he was moving towards you he then disappeared from the film and re-spawned on a mountain side. I've killed planes and never got a kill message many times over the years when my connection or the con's connection was having problems and when in general the ping for everyone to the MA was acting up.

From this film you are either reporting a game problem itself or, you should have contacted Hitech privately with this film if you are trying to drop a dime on Dr7. Can you pull your Ethernet plug, yes, you can find inline devices on E-Bay the console kiddies used years ago to "ghost" each other in PvP games. You can make one with a momentary switch, two RJ45 couplers and a short RJ45 jump cable. Today they use a software app and don't need to pull the physical connection anymore. I hear it creates the equivalent of the internet connection from heck and makes them hard to see or shoot until they toggle it off. I thought the big deal today in this game was placing marks on your monitor so you can do all your shooting from commander mode.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 02:28:54 PM »
This happens when you are concerned about kills, hit percentage, k/d ratios.  Looks like two guys that worry about these things ran into each other.   :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 04:38:01 PM »
This happens when you are concerned about kills, hit percentage, k/d ratios.  Looks like two guys that worry about these things ran into each other.   :D
Not necessarily the case. You should expect that everyone is on the up and up would you not? There is enough squabbling in game, as it is. Dont need additional bovine stoole. If you dont want to die...this game may not be for you....no need to have this also being pointed at as a problem. If its the game and a bug, so be it. You dont have to score minded to want to get kills...its the object of the game,is it not? Sure having fun is the biggest, but if it isnt a bug...it kills the fun. IMHO
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 05:17:57 PM »

Correct, as top players we both probably care a little too much about our K/D against each other, however only one of us was playing straight up without gimmicks and workarounds to avoid dieing.  Whatever allows a vehicle to despawn in combat while damaged for free should be addressed.  I'm sticking around even if he keeps doing this to me, but what if its done to noobs that deserve kills and are robbed.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 07:33:59 PM »
I've seen dr7 die a lot.  don't really think he cares about score. the other day we kept killing him, he kept upping. that's how he plays.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 08:09:32 PM »
I've seen dr7 die a lot.  don't really think he cares about score. the other day we kept killing him, he kept upping. that's how he plays.

semp

Correct, he does do alot of tank warfare, and thus dies alot.  But you only see the times he dies to a single shot, which happens the majority of the time.  Any time someone just has track or turret damage, they can choose to disappear.

I dont want this to be about a person though, I am looking to have the problem corrected.  As kilroy likes to say, if he's allowed to do it, he'll keep doing it.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 12:31:04 AM »
Have had the same issue with said player.
Never have seen anyone else do it I always get the kill when they tower out.
Found HE rounds are best for turret hits on M18's kills them dead every time.