Author Topic: Just Wondering  (Read 3338 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just Wondering
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 05:57:48 PM »
What happens a lot though is you'll see someone post an idea that literally comes up every couple weeks, then take it as an affront when someone points out why it hasn't happened.

Then don't. 

Ignore posts on bad ideas or repeats and reward and engage posts that have potential.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »
So you're saying it is better for example for the guy that suggests both planes should go down when they collide should meet with thunderous silence rather than an explanation of why it is not that way?

I disagree.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 06:37:03 PM »
So you're saying it is better for example for the guy that suggests both planes should go down when they collide should meet with thunderous silence rather than an explanation of why it is not that way?

I disagree.

Wiley.

Why?  Do you think Hitech would implement that if you weren't there to save him?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 06:40:26 PM »

Why?  Do you think Hitech would implement that if you weren't there to save him?

No. But I do think it's better if the guy making the suggestion has an explanation for why it is not done that way. The same logic applies for a lot of things.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 06:48:40 PM »
No. But I do think it's better if the guy making the suggestion has an explanation for why it is not done that way. The same logic applies for a lot of things.

Wiley.

Again, I think it is a matter on where you are coming from with it.  What your honest intent is.  If you are truly  trying to let the guy know something he is not aware of, that is one thing.

But I think we both know there are some really toxic people around here and many of them lurk in the Wishlist like spawn-campers just waiting to snipe.  And half the time their argument is no better that "Stop trying to tell Hitech how to run his company , man!  If you don't like the game, why are you even here?"

Blah, blah, blah.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:03:44 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 06:53:24 PM »
This forums consists of of a few remaining people, that type the same garbage day after day.. if you want to see why this is failing.. look at mechanics.. we need current ones fixed.  Im burning my perks now.. waiting for a tidbit of news or something.. a little PR would go a long way here... stale##... your arena is truck supply central

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 02:14:58 AM »

I'd like to see a list of good ideas that were never posted because they didn't want to get swarmed by the usual suspect negativity vultures and shat on for 6 pages.

I guess we'll never know how long that list is.

:noid
YEP! TRUE and SAD at the same time :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 03:10:41 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 08:26:49 AM »
 :banana:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2019, 04:20:27 PM »
Yall talk about the hand full on the boards. HiTech has to deal with all the users of the game, not just those on the boards. I imagine what anyone posting has to deal with here.... is kibbles n bit by comparison.

You are all short and have funny looking ears.    :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2019, 02:49:18 AM »
Last update?

Changes.txt included the following:

1. FMod live studio is now available while off line.
. . .

Which granted my wish for live updates.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2019, 06:24:26 AM »
I wished for bomb and bailing to be addressed and my recommendation was to give proxy at visual range instead of the ~1.5k it used to be. 

Wow.  Yay AH!  thanks for doing this.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2019, 09:11:09 PM »
I am just wondering, not trying to be a trouble maker. Is the Wishlist useless ? I have not seen a wish granted in a loooonnngg time. Some wishes are extreme and some are very simple. The biggest thing I see are people arguing and  putting down people for their wishes.  Maybe I have missed something...…… Just wondering.

I made a wish that the calculated gun sight that is available in the offline practice arena and WWII Online would change color to indicate when the shooter was out of range.  That was implemented pretty quickly.  So you can see that suggestions do get implemented when Hitech sees a good one.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2019, 09:18:30 PM »
No. But I do think it's better if the guy making the suggestion has an explanation for why it is not done that way.

But people don't accept the explanation.  I have seen this happen many, many times.  Hitech patiently explains why something is done or not done a certain way.  The response goes something like this:

"NO!  YOU'RE WRONG!  THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW!  YOU NEED TO MAKE THE CHANGE I SUGGESTED OR THE GAME WILL DIE!"

No, I am not exaggerating.  I have seen these words or close variations over and over again.  And after a while, Hitech stopped responding.  He either implemented the wish, or he didn't.  He stopped explaining why he didn't do certain things because he kept getting flamed.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2019, 10:21:39 PM »
But people don't accept the explanation.  I have seen this happen many, many times.  Hitech patiently explains why something is done or not done a certain way.  The response goes something like this:

"NO!  YOU'RE WRONG!  THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW!  YOU NEED TO MAKE THE CHANGE I SUGGESTED OR THE GAME WILL DIE!"

No, I am not exaggerating.  I have seen these words or close variations over and over again.  And after a while, Hitech stopped responding.  He either implemented the wish, or he didn't.  He stopped explaining why he didn't do certain things because he kept getting flamed.

Concur.

- oldman