Author Topic: Damaged tank despawns in open combat without kill given  (Read 2481 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Damaged tank despawns in open combat without kill given
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 02:21:21 PM »
Correct, he does do alot of tank warfare, and thus dies alot.  But you only see the times he dies to a single shot, which happens the majority of the time.  Any time someone just has track or turret damage, they can choose to disappear.

I dont want this to be about a person though, I am looking to have the problem corrected.  As kilroy likes to say, if he's allowed to do it, he'll keep doing it.
Pot meet kettle.  Kilroy does the same thing.  And admits to it...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 03:53:27 PM »
Wonder if Kilroy has his Lynksis sitting next to his keyboard  :joystick:...... :P

Oh well, at least Hitech isn't offering $1000 each month for the most kills of battle tanks with an M8. That would bring out some epic funny stuff......yep,yep, yep and if we can get him to do that for FIGHTERS would be plastered across ch200 every night. I hear people now days use a software cable jiggler with some kind of a hotkey in all those other games. And like Hitech's AI aren't bad enough flying like immortal porpoises with aimbots for eyes.... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 09:15:57 AM »
Plug pulling is like making it with a goat.  It may feel good to some people, but it sure as heck ain't right.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 01:44:43 PM »
Im not so sure its plug pulling in this scenario.  He doesnt time out or disconnect from the game as he reups in a tank from a different spawn in about the time it would take to select that base and spawn.  There is no reconnect to game delay.  He's found a way to end mission without a ditch.  I notice in the video he is constantly turning his engine off and on while driving.   Not sure if thats related.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »
Im not so sure its plug pulling in this scenario.  He doesnt time out or disconnect from the game as he reups in a tank from a different spawn in about the time it would take to select that base and spawn.  There is no reconnect to game delay.  He's found a way to end mission without a ditch.  I notice in the video he is constantly turning his engine off and on while driving.   Not sure if thats related.

That is not related to it. The engine on/off technique is for listening for other gv's.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 01:42:11 PM »
I can say with confidence DR7 does NOT cheat!

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2019, 04:58:34 PM »
I can say with confidence DR7 does NOT cheat!

Plug pulling isn't cheating. Apparently it's an alternative method to end a sortie for some folks.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2019, 05:00:10 PM »
DR7 is a standup guy. I would bet the farm on his integrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2019, 05:55:20 AM »

:aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 01:26:30 PM »
No one has equated the C word with plug pulling as obviously stated it is allowed. With that said I have seen it. I too am a stand up guy. Poof tank gone, no kill even though there is damage and no kill registered...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!