Author Topic: Return of Wild Bill and MicroProse  (Read 36018 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Return of Wild Bill and MicroProse
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2019, 10:50:14 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2019, 03:10:53 AM »
I'm not a rivet counter, if the game is fun, with good flight and damage modelling with 100+ players at same time, i'm all in.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:14:28 AM by Archie »

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2019, 07:23:24 AM »
At least with the Unreal engine, its probably ensured that there isn't any clipping/zbuffer/hidden-face-removal issues like with AH3, where roads, the own tanks gun, and other GVs are drawn on top the trees that should be hiding them.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2019, 08:30:50 AM »
At least with the Unreal engine, its probably ensured that there isn't any clipping/zbuffer/hidden-face-removal issues like with AH3, where roads, the own tanks gun, and other GVs are drawn on top the trees that should be hiding them.

Do you just make up stuff to post here?  :headscratch:

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2019, 01:08:52 PM »
Any advance in the AW line is good news for us. Fanboi attitude is poison.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2019, 11:12:02 PM »

When I see an advance, I'll cheer it on.

1.  I think the use of the Unreal engine is intriguing, but I've only seen implementations that had areas that looked about 10-20 miles square.  So, who knows if they can make anything usable out of that.  We've seen no evidence yet.  Just some static screenshots probably from the Unreal editor program.

2.  I think their multi-level payment model with a few f2p planes is smart.  The "simple, short trial and then pay our subscription of F'off" model is as dead today as $2/hr was when HTC came in with flat rate.

Nothing else I've seen so far comes close to a definition of advancement.  I await further data.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2019, 04:34:24 AM »
Nothing else I've seen so far comes close to a definition of advancement.  I await further data.

I have a hunch Wild Bill is holding an ace up his sleeve this time, they wouldn't be bringing up MicroProse name up for nothing,  few days before release, they will have a gameplay trailer that might have the potential to blow us away  :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:38:32 AM by Archie »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2019, 07:58:21 AM »
 :noid
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2019, 09:05:53 AM »

Wild Bill is from "Warbirds" not Air Warriors, but if you mean "Any advance is WWII sims is good news" I can get on board with that.

When I see an advance, I'll cheer it on.

1.  I think the use of the Unreal engine is intriguing, but I've only seen implementations that had areas that looked about 10-20 miles square.  So, who knows if they can make anything usable out of that.  We've seen no evidence yet.  Just some static screenshots probably from the Unreal editor program.

2.  I think their multi-level payment model with a few f2p planes is smart.  The "simple, short trial and then pay our subscription of F'off" model is as dead today as $2/hr was when HTC came in with flat rate.

Agreed, an announcement in the WWII combat sim field is great, but I'll wait to see what released before I get too excited. But there is always hope  :)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2019, 10:03:48 AM »
I have a hunch Wild Bill is holding an ace up his sleeve this time, they wouldn't be bringing up MicroProse name up for nothing,  few days before release, they will have a gameplay trailer that might have the potential to blow us away  :cheers:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2019, 12:22:57 AM »

Instead you get texture pop-in, etc.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2019, 12:24:43 AM »
It was Wild Bill that caused the original Microprose to go under.  I have a feeling history will repeat itself.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2019, 03:41:37 AM »
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm suspicious for any flightsim that can be played on a mobile phone.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2019, 03:15:50 PM »
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm suspicious for any flightsim that can be played on a mobile phone.
Well they are a bit more than just a phone :aok But yes...I agree.... :devil When the heck are you gonna get back in game? Orelle is getting tired of me bugging him, about you  :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »

save have you bought the DCS 190 A8 yet?   
The Few ***
F.P.H